Author Topic: Can't fuck with rap anymore  (Read 2200 times)

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Can't fuck with rap anymore
« on: September 06, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
Honestly I can't check for these same guys we used to listen to. Who's really bumping some new Kurupt? Still waiting on Crooked I? Did he finally drop an album? Who wants to hear these guys rap about the hood and struggles anymore? These guys have to have real jobs, there's no way they're making a living off this shit. And shame on you all for buying this half hearted, less than mediocre garbage. It's not what it used to be. It's the exact same. That's what's wrong. It's the same shit, these guys have not evolved and it's old. The only reason we liked it is because it was the first time they said it. Too Short said it, about making 1000 songs and 15 albums.

The only new guys worth checking are Kendrick and Dom Kennedy. I can't believe people are on here discussing a new Spice 1 album, or Rappin' 4-Tay. Really? Find some new, real music.

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Can't fuck with rap anymore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:05:47 AM »
Hopsin? Dizzy Wright? Schoolboy Q? Ab-Soul? Jay Rock? Problem? Nipsey? Danny Brown? Flatbush Zombies? Joey Bad A$$? The Underachievers......You need to expand your horizons it's a lot of quality hip hop/rap out here....I went to Paid Dues last March that shit was dope a lot of the people named were there.  Wish I could go to Rock The Bells this weekend....

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 10:10:22 AM »
hip hop is alive and breathin' dude you trippin'.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 10:14:11 AM »
Hopsin can spit but he's too one dimensional and gets boring fast so I see why some don't fuck with him, Dom Kennedy ain't all that great of a rapper but his production is top notch

but you definitely can't go wrong with any new Dizzy Wright, Black Hippy, or Nipsey Hussle in terms of the West, I can go on longer for other regions

b.laden

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 10:52:10 AM »
westcoast is successfull right now , Nipsey , kendrick lamar , Problem and bad lucc,  Mac lucci, YG,  Ty$

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 11:51:34 AM »
Honestly I can't check for these same guys we used to listen to. Who's really bumping some new Kurupt? Still waiting on Crooked I? Did he finally drop an album? Who wants to hear these guys rap about the hood and struggles anymore? These guys have to have real jobs, there's no way they're making a living off this shit. And shame on you all for buying this half hearted, less than mediocre garbage. It's not what it used to be. It's the exact same. That's what's wrong. It's the same shit, these guys have not evolved and it's old. The only reason we liked it is because it was the first time they said it. Too Short said it, about making 1000 songs and 15 albums.

The only new guys worth checking are Kendrick and Dom Kennedy. I can't believe people are on here discussing a new Spice 1 album, or Rappin' 4-Tay. Really? Find some new, real music.

I definitly agree that the og's need to evolve.

The dogg pound are the perfect example, they have rapped about the same things for 20 years. I wish they would open up more instead of generic bitches and weed.

Crooked I though still is saying things worth listening to.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Haterade

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 11:53:19 AM »
Fuck those mainstream rappaz ... Underground is hella crackin

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »
Fuck those mainstream rappaz ... Underground is hella crackin

doggfather

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 11:12:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

HighEyeCue

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 08:23:04 AM »
even I am tired of DPG spitting the same rhymes for the last 2 decades...Snoop tried a new gimmick with his latest album but I didn't even download it 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

TidyKris

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »

Is this Suge Knight?

Portugoal

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »
There are only few artists left who I still check for... but I don't even download or listen to all of their new music anymore... Maybe it's me getting being stuck in the past, maybe it's me getting older and growing up or maybe it's the quality of the music, but I'm not often impressed anymore.  It's probably a combination of all of that. I actually find myself listening to a lot of older music of those artists I still check for.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 02:19:04 PM »
There are only few artists left who I still check for... but I don't even download or listen to all of their new music anymore... Maybe it's me getting being stuck in the past, maybe it's me getting older and growing up or maybe it's the quality of the music, but I'm not often impressed anymore.  It's probably a combination of all of that. I actually find myself listening to a lot of older music of those artists I still check for.

Sounds like me

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 04:23:13 PM »

this