Author Topic: Can't fuck with rap anymore  (Read 2198 times)

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
Re: Can't fuck with rap anymore
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 01:31:44 AM »
I think you'll really enjoy Big K.R.I.T.'s music. Tito Lopez is dope, too.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 03:35:55 AM »
Fuck those mainstream rappaz ... Underground is hella crackin

hip hop is alive and breathin' dude you trippin'.

Actually, it's very difficult to be impressed by new talents or music made by dubc veterans.
Bitch 2 find but you still can hear good west coast hip hop music or listen ur west coast classics ;)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:40:02 AM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 06:04:36 AM »
Rap got wrapped up, find a new genre for your creative aural fix as there's nothing but played out tropes and lame gimmicks left up in this.

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 08:42:19 AM »
Honestly I can't check for these same guys we used to listen to. Who's really bumping some new Kurupt? Still waiting on Crooked I? Did he finally drop an album? Who wants to hear these guys rap about the hood and struggles anymore? These guys have to have real jobs, there's no way they're making a living off this shit. And shame on you all for buying this half hearted, less than mediocre garbage. It's not what it used to be. It's the exact same. That's what's wrong. It's the same shit, these guys have not evolved and it's old. The only reason we liked it is because it was the first time they said it. Too Short said it, about making 1000 songs and 15 albums.

The only new guys worth checking are Kendrick and Dom Kennedy. I can't believe people are on here discussing a new Spice 1 album, or Rappin' 4-Tay. Really? Find some new, real music.

4 tay and spice are real to me.. 4 tay started this "stop using the guns" shit back in 99, snoops just getting on it now..

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:10 AM »
there is so much dope shit out there it's a shame all y'all talk that shit but ignore the dope shit that come out. all of you muthafuckas talkin' about hip hop is dead or you can't fuck wit it no more: don't fuck wit it then it takes more energy to complain about it than it does to search for the dope shit. put up or shut up !!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 09:28:41 AM »
there is so much dope shit out there it's a shame all y'all talk that shit but ignore the dope shit that come out. all of you muthafuckas talkin' about hip hop is dead or you can't fuck wit it no more: don't fuck wit it then it takes more energy to complain about it than it does to search for the dope shit. put up or shut up !!!!

this... good music is still out there, it's just harder to find sometimes especially on some of the bigger hip-hop sites that promote mostly bullshit

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 11:14:02 AM »
Nothing has impressed me. Except the reaction Kendrick Lamar has got with his Control verse. All I am saying is I'm not listening to this same shit that is being repackage and sold. I'll still listen to my fav album from 1999. But I'm not going to listen to an album from 2014 trying to rap about the same shit from 99.

And what the fuck is this?

Dizzy Wright sounds cool.

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 04:03:55 AM »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 06:59:10 AM »
hip hop lives forever -------- http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pga_2a_cAsk  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
 :-[ at that Kurupt song

I thought I erased that one from my memory back when I downloaded that tape

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 12:13:08 PM »
lol i actually enjoyed the kurupt video not the song so much.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 12:39:55 PM »
:-[ at that Kurupt song

I thought I erased that one from my memory back when I downloaded that tape

there was some good cuts on that tape tho

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 12:50:30 PM »
QuEST >>>

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 10:00:57 PM »
Only current rappers I still listen to are Cube, Afroman (yea he's still around), Nas, Suga Free, WC, Cool J, Busdriver, Quik, Eminem, Public Enemy.  Click below and restore your faith in rap.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:16:22 PM by dp »
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

V2DHeart

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 02:55:02 AM »
We have non-stop pathetic releases from Snoop, Eminem and all these old dated rappers that I can't even be bothered DOWNLOADING anymore. The sheer thought of refreshing a "captcha security code" 10 times on some file upload site just so I can clearly see and type in the words correctly to download a pile of horse shit quite frankly is waste of time, to have some winrar folder stuck in my hard drive for years. Malice in Wonderland? I didn't even download that one because the last was garbage.

Crooked I had his moment between 2001-2004, and has become boring ever since. A release back then may have been enough to carve his own niche. Too many mixtapes and watered down content over the years has solidified his place as nothing more than a standard 'battle MC' with dull production. So he's out!

You used to know and anticipate some of the underground through the mainstream rappers. Now, they all just work with Britney, Katy Perry and Bruno Mars to worry about the genre. The game is finished, and was bought and sold a long time ago.

DJ Quik can still deliver but his work is few and far between for me to regain any type of interest in Rap as a whole, and even when he releases new albums, he doesn't just deliver a whole lot of heat, he only gives us little pockets of greatness letting us know he still has it, yet always has a handful of just plain weird experimental shyt on his albums that ruin it from being a solid repeatable release with replay value. We all know So Compton was where it was, songs like Nobody, hell even songs like "do you know" to be modern is where to direct it to, but trash like Jupiter's Critic & the Mind of Mars? The over-rated Hydromatic which was just shyt. But that was 2 years ago now.

It's finished. Our only hope is to get 20 years worth of unreleased from 1992 - 2012 and leave it at that

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>