Author Topic: How come Busta Rhymes never put together a classic album?  (Read 871 times)

Sccit

Re: How come Busta Rhymes never put together a classic album?
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
thats a great comparison because both of those artists lost their direction in there sophomore projects.

not bad albums by any means but way below the standards they set for themselves on the debut.

illmatic was 5 mics theres no way it was written deserves any more then 2.5 or a weak 3...it was over excessive shiny suit jiggy rap save for those few hard tracks on side 2.

the dre song sucks...i am (OG) > it was written

the firm sucked too outside of phone tap.

2.5 for "it was written"?? godamn, u on that will scale lmao

my reasoning for the comparison was cuz theyre both great albums- near classics at the very least....but they were slept on and most were disappointed by em due to the fact that they went in a different direction and came with something that didnt quite mirror their debuts. but if u can look past that, theyre both great and i can still bump both albums till this very day.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2013, 10:55:09 AM »
thats a great comparison because both of those artists lost their direction in there sophomore projects.

not bad albums by any means but way below the standards they set for themselves on the debut.

illmatic was 5 mics theres no way it was written deserves any more then 2.5 or a weak 3...it was over excessive shiny suit jiggy rap save for those few hard tracks on side 2.

my reasoning for the comparison was cuz theyre both great albums- near classics at the very least....but they were slept on and most were disappointed by em due to the fact that they went in a different direction and came with something that didnt quite mirror their debuts. but if u can look past that, theyre both great and i can still bump both albums till this very day.

and im guessing illmatic is not amongst your personal favorites from nas right? that was the point....cross over appeal. to get the kids and the wc heads to cross over. thats the only reason he stole pacs beat for street dreams and had kci jojo on his shit etc.

somethings are just really dope in their pure form once record industry biz taints shit and fucks with your image and shit its hard to go back. so many rappers, singers and classic bands do this

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 12:09:08 PM »

and im guessing illmatic is not amongst your personal favorites from nas right? that was the point....cross over appeal. to get the kids and the wc heads to cross over. thats the only reason he stole pacs beat for street dreams and had kci jojo on his shit etc.

somethings are just really dope in their pure form once record industry biz taints shit and fucks with your image and shit its hard to go back. so many rappers, singers and classic bands do this

naah, "ilmatic" is a 5 star classic to me...but "it was written" isnt as far behind as we initially thought.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2013, 06:25:31 PM »
lol it was written isnt even that good it does have some really good joints but its got some duds too...i never liked street dreams...i viewed it as unnecessary when all eyez on me was a superior song released in the same year. if i ruled the world is still one of those songs that got played so much i got sick of it...there was a version of that song going around on a doo wop tape that didnt have lauren hill on it it just had nas doing his ad libs i liked it more.

i'll give you "Street dreams" being completely inferior to the song AEOM

but songs like Take it in Blood, The Message, If I Ruled.., Affirmative Action and Silent Murder are CLASSIC nas.  it's a fucking shame Big Stretch died so early because both songs he made for Nas were amazing.  You could tell Nas really wanted to be Pac by hooking up with Stretch lol

RIP Stretch.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2013, 06:55:10 PM »
 Busta's first album was classic to me, back in the day. Haven't heard it for a long time though.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2013, 07:00:52 PM »
i dont know why its so hard to imagine nik really vibing to illmatic lol

but props i didnt think you really appreciated eastcoast rap like that.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2013, 08:09:42 PM »
Busta's first album was classic to me, back in the day. Haven't heard it for a long time though.

Break it out bruh, throwbacks always sound good when you bring em out at random.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2013, 09:09:32 PM »

ur partially right, i did underrate it when i first heard it...and it's still not my preference of classic material out there. but ive always appreciated it as one of the greatest works of art in hip-hop history and still love every song on that album.

gimme dubee any day, tho

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2013, 02:08:11 AM »

LOL   it's hard to imagine the homie Sccit vibing to anything that's not horrorcore or west coast g-funk