Author Topic: Mackelmore The Best Thing To Happen To West Coast Hip Hop Since 2pac?  (Read 1772 times)

Mietek23

Re: Mackelmore The Best Thing To Happen To West Coast Hip Hop Since 2pac?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 12:08:49 PM »
Just cause Macklemore lives in Seattle, dosen't mean he's a "West Coast artist" or even affiliated with the Cali scene in some way ::)

Dude got few nice cuts here and there, but I don't see nothing special in dude, so I don't know where all the hype came from, but it seems to be typical these days...

LOL THE WEST COAST IS NOT JUST LIMITED TO CALI BROBRO...PORTLAND AND SEATTLE ALSO FALL UNDER WEST COAST, AND EVEN NEW MEXICO, COLORADO, UTAH, ARIZONA, + NEVADA CLASSIFIES AS WEST.

It seems you didn't understand me. I know of what regions the "West Coast" consist of, you don't have to tell me about it. I wanted to point out, that just because Macklemore is from Seattle, you can't name him a "West Coast artist". How is he affiliated in any way with the whole Cali scene? Does he rep the West in his records? No.

And just to make it clear - I don't demand from him to be a "Gangsta Rapper", making "G-Funk" records left and right spitting about Bloods & Crips. But someone please tell me, is Macklemore a part of the so-called "West Coast scene" in any sort of way? Because I don't think so.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:14:10 PM by Mietek23 »

ez8o5

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 12:40:57 PM »
Just gave the heist a spin n im feelin that joint wing$

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »
Just cause Macklemore lives in Seattle, dosen't mean he's a "West Coast artist" or even affiliated with the Cali scene in some way ::)

Dude got few nice cuts here and there, but I don't see nothing special in dude, so I don't know where all the hype came from, but it seems to be typical these days...

LOL THE WEST COAST IS NOT JUST LIMITED TO CALI BROBRO...PORTLAND AND SEATTLE ALSO FALL UNDER WEST COAST, AND EVEN NEW MEXICO, COLORADO, UTAH, ARIZONA, + NEVADA CLASSIFIES AS WEST.

It seems you didn't understand me. I know of what regions the "West Coast" consist of, you don't have to tell me about it. I wanted to point out, that just because Macklemore is from Seattle, you can't name him a "West Coast artist". How is he affiliated in any way with the whole Cali scene? Does he rep the West in his records? No.

And just to make it clear - I don't demand from him to be a "Gangsta Rapper", making "G-Funk" records left and right spitting about Bloods & Crips. But someone please tell me, is Macklemore a part of the so-called "West Coast scene" in any sort of way? Because I don't think so.

being part of the "west coast scene" means ur an artist from the west coast, and considering seattle is on the west coast, yes, he is a part of the west coast scene LOL. u dont have to be affiliated with the CALI scene to be a WEST COAST artist, cuz the west coast extends beyond cali...tyga is a west coast artist too, and he reps his hood (818) and is active on the west coast scene about as much as mackelmore...it's the new school. fuck em.

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 01:02:35 PM »
arizona is not west COAST

read my post again

MistaNova

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2013, 01:38:57 PM »
How is he affiliated in any way with the whole Cali scene? Does he rep the West in his records? No.

I don't think you have to be affiliated with the LA or Bay Area hip hop scene to be a west coast hip hop artist. Plus I'm sure there are a handful of guys, even those from Cali, who never represent what coast they're from.
Plus where else would Macklemore be considered a part of? East Coast? No. Mid-West? No. Down South? No.

The way I see it if you're a rapper from California, Washington, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, and Hawaii (I might be missing a state or two) you're part of the west coast hip hop scene.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »
How is he affiliated in any way with the whole Cali scene? Does he rep the West in his records? No.

I don't think you have to be affiliated with the LA or Bay Area hip hop scene to be a west coast hip hop artist. Plus I'm sure there are a handful of guys, even those from Cali, who never represent what coast they're from.
Plus where else would Macklemore be considered a part of? East Coast? No. Mid-West? No. Down South? No.

The way I see it if you're a rapper from California, Washington, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, and Hawaii (I might be missing a state or two) you're part of the west coast hip hop scene.

well, those other states are west, yes.. but to be west coast, u gotta actually be from the coast.

MistaNova

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 02:06:14 PM »

well, those other states are west, yes.. but to be west coast, u gotta actually be from the coast.

So what you're saying is that the more inland states like Nevada and Colorado aren't west coast because they're not on the coast? Well I suppose that makes sense.
Although I have seen a handful of rappers from those inland states (and Hawaii) represent the west with those "W" hand signs and shit.

Fraxxx

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »
Mackelmore is wack... rapping about gay rights doesn't make you "conscious", lol

Not necessarily, but tracks like "Wing$" and "Jimmy Iovine" are pretty much the definition of consciousness.

And it's funny how you, despite thinking of yourself as a conscious and open-minded person, still have nothing but baseless hate to offer.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2013, 03:56:26 PM »

So what you're saying is that the more inland states like Nevada and Colorado aren't west coast because they're not on the coast? Well I suppose that makes sense.
Although I have seen a handful of rappers from those inland states (and Hawaii) represent the west with those "W" hand signs and shit.

west side, yea, but not west coast

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2013, 06:21:08 PM »
No disrespect and i dont know dudes race or music, but these comments are funny.

So, I think its funny how some, jewish entertainers will stay away from admitting that they are jewish until 10 years later, then all of a sudden its jew this, jew that....etc.

The same goes for gay's, male or female, they hide or hint at being gay for years, and years.... then all of a sudden, they come out ! Then they use that newly found status as a crutch to get interviews, photoshoots, MOVIES, books....etc...

But, all of a sudden this person you followed all these years wants you to change and be sensitive to there new transformation status.
Then they expect you to just roll over and except them even after all these years they hid it, thats just wrong !

From what i read, he might be the female version of GaGa......lol 8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 10:10:11 PM »

So, I think its funny how some, jewish entertainers will stay away from admitting that they are jewish until 10 years later, then all of a sudden its jew this, jew that....etc.

huh? when/who was this??

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2013, 06:44:48 AM »
Is the most poppin' name on the Coast since Pac...not even debatable.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2013, 07:38:17 AM »
only you would say some shit like that.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2013, 08:57:41 AM »

Seriously. He makes no attempt to hide his homo ass ways. You mst enjoy n relish in bein looked at as the faggotiest poster on this forum.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2013, 09:09:05 AM »

Seriously. He makes no attempt to hide his homo ass ways. You mst enjoy n relish in bein looked at as the faggotiest poster on this forum.
he's almost like a white frank ocean but he doesn't sing literally. he's waitin' on that joe budden weed plate to drop.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.