Author Topic: Who wrote "Keep The Heads Ringin" for Dre? That shit was fire!!  (Read 12175 times)

heisenberg

Re: Who wrote "Keep The Heads Ringin" for Dre? That shit was fire!!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 09:39:27 AM »
Basically, J. Flexx wrote the lyrics, Sam Sneed produced the beat and sold it to Dre for 20000$, so he can tweak it a little bit, mix it and go platinum plus :)

Come on now. Dr. Dre produced it ;)

If that's what you think, then so be it - the truth is Sam produced the OG version and sold it to Dre for 20k :)

Yes and dre paid 100000000$ for daz beats on the chronic.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »
j flex wrote some dope shit for dre though like: California love, been there done that, natural born killas. damn I miss those old death row days.  8)

j flexx wrote natural born killers?  never knew that
yup.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 10:20:59 AM »
"Keep their heads ringin" wasn't terrible lyrically, it just had some lines which were suspect and borderline corny, other than that I agree Flexx was a pretty good writer...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 10:27:14 AM »
"Keep their heads ringin" wasn't terrible lyrically, it just had some lines which were suspect and borderline corny, other than that I agree Flexx was a pretty good writer...

but the fact that the OP said it shits on east coast lyrics is what is funny here

Will_B

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 11:47:34 AM »
"Keep their heads ringin" wasn't terrible lyrically, it just had some lines which were suspect and borderline corny

Def a corny track. Dre is carried by the production and arrangement.

bouli77

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 12:34:19 PM »
"Keep their heads ringin" wasn't terrible lyrically, it just had some lines which were suspect and borderline corny

Def a corny track. Dre is carried by the production and arrangement.

lyrics are bordeline corny indeed. but it's not terrible, dre flows well on the track, overall a classic track.

TidyKris

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »
J-Flexx calls Dre out on this track about the tracks he wrote and did not get paid properly for...not sure how true it all is though

Fraxxx

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
"i use Crest, so aint no cavity creeps in my grill"

yes, that line shits on what Nas or Big L were writing at the time

Dre's metaphors are metaphives to Infinite

"Still, niggaz run up and try to kill at will
But get popped like a pimple, so call me Clearasil"  ::)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 03:53:37 PM »

Dre's metaphors are metaphives to Infinite

"Still, niggaz run up and try to kill at will
But get popped like a pimple, so call me Clearasil"  ::)

LYRICAL GENIUS!

Play Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 04:28:21 AM »
Ow this hurts! I've always considered it the best song ever written. And I feel like the reason Jay Z is on top is because he remade it time and time again. That's a blueprint for how to make a lyrical track a hit. Jay did that over and over and over. "I grab the mic/ and flick my tongue like dyke/ I got rhymes to keep you enchanted/ Produce a smoke screen with the funky green to keep your eyes slanted... Step on stage and get faded just like a flat top...I rock from summer 'til Santa comes down the chimney"...

Different school of thought I guess. Many songs sound like they borrow from here; punchline after punchline..Yeah some are almost corny but look at what Eminem gets praised for.

V2DHeart

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 05:10:32 AM »

John Cena beats' the hell out of the lot:

With no bait, kid your boy hold weight
I got my soul straight, I brush your mouth like Colgate
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 06:57:21 AM »
J-Flexx calls Dre out on this track about the tracks he wrote and did not get paid properly for...not sure how true it all is though

8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 07:40:58 AM »
Ow this hurts! I've always considered it the best song ever written. And I feel like the reason Jay Z is on top is because he remade it time and time again. That's a blueprint for how to make a lyrical track a hit. Jay did that over and over and over. "I grab the mic/ and flick my tongue like dyke/ I got rhymes to keep you enchanted/ Produce a smoke screen with the funky green to keep your eyes slanted... Step on stage and get faded just like a flat top...I rock from summer 'til Santa comes down the chimney"...

Different school of thought I guess. Many songs sound like they borrow from here; punchline after punchline..Yeah some are almost corny but look at what Eminem gets praised for.

best song ever written?

Fraxxx

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 10:56:42 AM »

best song ever written?

Even thinking that some of those punchlines are only ALMOST corny, "best song ever written" might be just a tad too over-enthusiastic.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 11:09:30 AM »
i like how dre keeps comparing himself to shit in this song colgate, mop n glow all kinds of shit lol

this song sounds kinda corny after not hearing it for so many years