Author Topic: Who wrote "Keep The Heads Ringin" for Dre? That shit was fire!!  (Read 12167 times)

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

Re: Who wrote "Keep The Heads Ringin" for Dre? That shit was fire!!
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
Santa clause reference...

"cuz I rock from summer till Santa comes down the chimney
Ho ho ho and so
As I continue to flow
Cuz yo, I'm just a fly negro"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »
LOL   Yes, I really want to see a picture of your ugly mug to compare myself to the Verizon janitor who cheerleaders for T.I. on weekends.
I laugh at your feeble attempts to gain my attention.

yet you follow me around to every thread with Crooked I insults  :laugh:
stop it.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »
j flex wrote some dope shit for dre though like: California love, been there done that, natural born killas. damn I miss those old death row days.  8)

j flexx wrote natural born killers?  never knew that
yup.

Sam produced natural born killers, it's nearly identical to u Better recognize from murder was the case

"natural born killaz" is a much more impressive beat, and thats cuz dre put his hands on it

wouldnt be surprised if dre touched up "u better recognize" as well

I'm sure Dre touched up every beat on MWTC before it got released

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »
j flex wrote some dope shit for dre though like: California love, been there done that, natural born killas. damn I miss those old death row days.  8)

yup.

Sam produced natural born killers, it's nearly identical to u Better recognize from murder was the case

"natural born killaz" is a much more impressive beat, and thats cuz dre put his hands on it

He prob threw Sam a bone on UBR by doing the hook but leaving the beat OG...there's nothing fantastic about the beat but very obvious NBK was built on the same skeleton as that song.

I would guess on NBK, he added the female "yeah!" (which he also used on that single with knocturnal "bad intentions") and prob the most known part of the song which is on the intro and hook, that high pitched/raw sounding synth on the chorus. That one element of the song takes a song like UBR and transforms it into a classic like NBK. Dre has always been known to take beats, tweak seemingly simple things and then they became smash hits.

Okka

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2013, 02:50:08 PM »
Sam Sneed's "The Heist" sounded like "Natural Born Killaz" a lot.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »
dre's sound was built around sam sneed at that time.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Okka

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2013, 03:01:21 PM »
dre's sound was built around sam sneed at that time.

Yeah, of course. It was Sam Sneed who MADE the "NBK" beat. Soopafly played keyboards on it though.

bouli77

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2013, 03:03:37 PM »
Dre's best writers to me were Snoop, Eminem and Drauma.

his best writers were The D.O.C and RBX....Snoop barely wrote for Dre, and sometimes not even for himself

Snoop is credited for writing more than ten songs on the Chronic, including 5 he doesn't have a verse on, in comparison, RBX only wrote one song he doesn't have a verse on (Let Me Ride), and The D.O.C. co-wrote 4 songs overall. All in all, Snoop has written more for Dre than anybody else on The Chronic. I wouldn't say he's his best writer, but he definitely did more than "barely wrote" for Dre.

yup.

that's pretty sure indeed, except tha relativez song, danny boy's song and the b-rezell song as well as the jodeci / dpg collabo which i'm sure devante did the bulk of the work. i'm pretty sure quik ghostproduced One More Day too. it doesn't sound like a Daz production except for the barebone beat which was re-used in one of the St Ides Snoop song and the recuring synth sound you can hear during the chorus at the end of the song.

either way Better Recognize is one of my favorite tracks off the soundtrack, shit sounds so hard and yet is so underrated, Sam Sneed spit a typical east coast lyrical rap and along with the production which fit perfectly the mood it came out very well

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »
bouli77 breaking it down  8)

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2013, 05:15:05 PM »

yup.

He prob threw Sam a bone on UBR by doing the hook but leaving the beat OG...there's nothing fantastic about the beat but very obvious NBK was built on the same skeleton as that song.

I would guess on NBK, he added the female "yeah!" (which he also used on that single with knocturnal "bad intentions") and prob the most known part of the song which is on the intro and hook, that high pitched/raw sounding synth on the chorus. That one element of the song takes a song like UBR and transforms it into a classic like NBK. Dre has always been known to take beats, tweak seemingly simple things and then they became smash hits.

those "simple things" are actually not that simple at all...they're the hardest part of producing- bringing a beat to life, naturally having the feel for what goes where, how to build certain elements up, perfect lead into the chorus, what kick knocks the hardest with what bass, etc. etc. what dre does is produce. sam sneed makes beats. i can send one of my beat ideas to dre and he'd turn it into an instant classic...and at the end of the day, he gets the majority production credit, cuz he clearly made it what it is. thats the genius of dr. dre, tho.

on the flipside, dre has also produced a lot of beats and got no credit for it at all. works both ways. all that needs to be said is that dre is the greatest producer in hip-hop history, hands down.

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2013, 05:20:53 PM »

his best writers were The D.O.C and RBX....Snoop barely wrote for Dre, and sometimes not even for himself

Snoop is credited for writing more than ten songs on the Chronic, including 5 he doesn't have a verse on, in comparison, RBX only wrote one song he doesn't have a verse on (Let Me Ride), and The D.O.C. co-wrote 4 songs overall. All in all, Snoop has written more for Dre than anybody else on The Chronic. I wouldn't say he's his best writer, but he definitely did more than "barely wrote" for Dre.

yup.

that's pretty sure indeed, except tha relativez song, danny boy's song and the b-rezell song as well as the jodeci / dpg collabo which i'm sure devante did the bulk of the work. i'm pretty sure quik ghostproduced One More Day too. it doesn't sound like a Daz production except for the barebone beat which was re-used in one of the St Ides Snoop song and the recuring synth sound you can hear during the chorus at the end of the song.

either way Better Recognize is one of my favorite tracks off the soundtrack, shit sounds so hard and yet is so underrated, Sam Sneed spit a typical east coast lyrical rap and along with the production which fit perfectly the mood it came out very well

oh, u dint know? DOC and RBX wrote a whole lot more than they were credited for....for instance, "nuthin but a g thang", DOC has went on record sayin he wrote the bulk of that cut.... yet, no mention of DOC in the credits. dont believe the hype. snoop is not much of a writer...he was writing, no doubt, but DOC and RBX was doin the majority of it.

jman91331

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2013, 06:19:05 PM »

yup.

oh, u dint know? DOC and RBX wrote a whole lot more than they were credited for....for instance, "nuthin but a g thang", DOC has went on record sayin he wrote the bulk of that cut.... yet, no mention of DOC in the credits. dont believe the hype. snoop is not much of a writer...he was writing, no doubt, but DOC and RBX was doin the majority of it.
Not so sure about that one. I remember reading a DOC interview that said quite the opposite. He said Snoop wrote Gthang & bright it to him and DOC basically edited it & told him this bar needs to be moved here, change this word to this, stop the verse here, things like that. Plus if you have a ear for the different styles you can pretty much hear who wrote what. DOC has that complex rhyme pattern shit. No way he wrote that simple shit (one, two, three, & to tha fo') plus it was filled with that new at the time long beach slang that Snoop & them were using. Same with Dre day, you can listen to Dre's verse and almost hear Snoop rapping, just a deeper voice. Now Let Me Ride, you hear the aggressiveness you can tell that's RBX. But none of those verses on any other song on the Chronic Thay Dre rapped on sound like that. If you a fan of DOC, listen to Rat-tat-tat-tat you can hear that's all him, sounds like most of Dre's verses on efil4zaggin (which was mostly written by the DOC). As for the Sam Sneed thing, as someone else said listen to Betta Recognize then listen to Natural Born Killas. You can tell Sneed had something to do with both (same type of sounds/instruments ) but the difference between the one Sam did on his own & the one with Dre is night and day. Recognize is dope but very simple & doesn't change up really. Natural Born Killas has the same type of sounds but listen to how layered and how much more attention to detail is present. Look how much doper the drums are and added live instrumentation is on there. Listening to the replay value between both. Thay my friends is the producer element Dr Dre adds, that ear!

Sccit

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2013, 07:43:39 PM »
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/08/docs_top_five_doc_ghostwritten.php

1. "Nuthin' But A 'G' Thang," Dr. Dre featuring Snoop
D.O.C: "When ''G' Thang' was created, I was living in Agoura Hills, and Snoop and Warren G were living with me. In 1990 me and Snoop each took the beat to different parts of the house to write. Snoop went upstairs, I stayed downstairs, and we met back up in an hour. When he came back downstairs I said, 'Let's take this piece and put it here...This doesn't really work there.' It's really just like a jigsaw [puzzle]. And then I said, 'For the last line [of Dre's verse], let's put my name on there,' because otherwise I wouldn't get to be in the song. That's why Dre says: Like my nigga D.O.C./ No one can do it better."

they both wrote different parts, but D.O.C was clearly the overseer of what was being written and what went where. as a matter of fact, he was pretty much the dre of writing on that project.

money to the second part of ur post.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:45:29 PM by NIKCC »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2013, 08:08:55 PM »
wait a minute...1990??  dre was still in NWA then

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2013, 07:42:44 AM »
wait a minute...1990??  dre was still in NWA then
d.o.c. got the year mixed up they didn't start on the chronic until '92.