Author Topic: Who wrote "Keep The Heads Ringin" for Dre? That shit was fire!!  (Read 12166 times)

pixtr

Re: Who wrote "Keep The Heads Ringin" for Dre? That shit was fire!!
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2013, 10:51:26 AM »
Dre is pitiful. He can't even write his own diss. He can't make his own beat. This guy can make only good mix.

Sccit

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »
Dre is pitiful. He can't even write his own diss. He can't make his own beat. This guy can make only good mix.

lol

and all phil jackson did was sit back and watch the players go to work

:grumpy:

pixtr

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2013, 11:00:34 AM »
Dre was like a coach, but this isn't team has gained fame and money.

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2013, 11:15:11 AM »
Dre was like a coach, but this isn't team has gained fame and money.

did that sentence really make sense to u?

pixtr

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2013, 11:24:52 AM »
Yes.

Dre made sextuple platinum because of his team. He should get respect like he got if he did it yourself.

He is dope because of his people. He was like a DJ.

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2013, 11:34:11 AM »
Yes.

Dre made sextuple platinum because of his team. He should get respect like he got if he did it yourself.

He is dope because of his people. He was like a DJ.

more like an orchestrator, director, head coach, the general ....the top, the leader, the one every1 goes to.

the underrating dre gets by some of the cats here is not only embarrassing + speaks volumes on general lack of their musical knowledge, but it's approaching blasphemous. put it this way, if it wasnt for dre's genius, u wouldnt be posting here...that is all.

pixtr

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2013, 11:40:19 AM »
speaks volumes on general lack of their musical knowledge
Ice Cube somehow could made dope music without SO MUCH help. And exactly the same case with many other artist.

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »
Ice Cube somehow could made dope music without SO MUCH help. And exactly the same case with many other artist.

ice cube is great in his own right...but none of em would be where they are witout dre.

Play Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2013, 01:04:58 AM »
Ow this hurts! I've always considered it the best song ever written. And I feel like the reason Jay Z is on top is because he remade it time and time again. That's a blueprint for how to make a lyrical track a hit. Jay did that over and over and over. "I grab the mic/ and flick my tongue like dyke/ I got rhymes to keep you enchanted/ Produce a smoke screen with the funky green to keep your eyes slanted... Step on stage and get faded just like a flat top...I rock from summer 'til Santa comes down the chimney"...

Different school of thought I guess. Many songs sound like they borrow from here; punchline after punchline..Yeah some are almost corny but look at what Eminem gets praised for.

best song ever written?

Even thinking that some of those punchlines are only ALMOST corny, "best song ever written" might be just a tad too over-enthusiastic.

I concede some points. But to me it was the blueprint for a lyrical commercial song. Dre did a song for Nas called "Nas Is Coming" and it is similar in my opinion because you had the best lyricist and the best producer both bringing new levels of creativity. So, that's my argument but that wasn't likely gonna be a hit single.  Jay Z's City Is Mine reminded me of this. It's like punchline 101 when you were used to that hardcore straight talk of Westcoast rap at the time. It helped make East coast rap more appealing for me. And I believe Jay simplified punchlines to where they could be accessible to all; even if they weren't strictly hip hop heads.   It's an observation; an opinion. Some songs have better lyrics, or better beats, but you know. I like Respect by Dogg Pound too

bouli77

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2013, 05:01:55 AM »
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/08/docs_top_five_doc_ghostwritten.php

1. "Nuthin' But A 'G' Thang," Dr. Dre featuring Snoop
D.O.C: "When ''G' Thang' was created, I was living in Agoura Hills, and Snoop and Warren G were living with me. In 1990 me and Snoop each took the beat to different parts of the house to write. Snoop went upstairs, I stayed downstairs, and we met back up in an hour. When he came back downstairs I said, 'Let's take this piece and put it here...This doesn't really work there.' It's really just like a jigsaw [puzzle]. And then I said, 'For the last line [of Dre's verse], let's put my name on there,' because otherwise I wouldn't get to be in the song. That's why Dre says: Like my nigga D.O.C./ No one can do it better."

they both wrote different parts, but D.O.C was clearly the overseer of what was being written and what went where. as a matter of fact, he was pretty much the dre of writing on that project.

money to the second part of ur post.

agreed with the overseer part that doesn't mean he did the bulk of the work on G-Thang though cause at the end of the day Snoop still did the majority of the writing, D.O.C. was here to coach him and give him directions, so he's like a producer in his own right but in terms of quantity Snoop has done more than "barely wrte" for Dre as u said it before.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2013, 07:35:01 AM »
Ow this hurts! I've always considered it the best song ever written. And I feel like the reason Jay Z is on top is because he remade it time and time again. That's a blueprint for how to make a lyrical track a hit. Jay did that over and over and over. "I grab the mic/ and flick my tongue like dyke/ I got rhymes to keep you enchanted/ Produce a smoke screen with the funky green to keep your eyes slanted... Step on stage and get faded just like a flat top...I rock from summer 'til Santa comes down the chimney"...

Different school of thought I guess. Many songs sound like they borrow from here; punchline after punchline..Yeah some are almost corny but look at what Eminem gets praised for.

best song ever written?

Even thinking that some of those punchlines are only ALMOST corny, "best song ever written" might be just a tad too over-enthusiastic.

I concede some points. But to me it was the blueprint for a lyrical commercial song. Dre did a song for Nas called "Nas Is Coming" and it is similar in my opinion because you had the best lyricist and the best producer both bringing new levels of creativity. So, that's my argument but that wasn't likely gonna be a hit single.  Jay Z's City Is Mine reminded me of this. It's like punchline 101 when you were used to that hardcore straight talk of Westcoast rap at the time. It helped make East coast rap more appealing for me. And I believe Jay simplified punchlines to where they could be accessible to all; even if they weren't strictly hip hop heads.   It's an observation; an opinion. Some songs have better lyrics, or better beats, but you know. I like Respect by Dogg Pound too

I thought "Nas is Coming" was very underwhelming and probably the only track I don't like from that album...sometimes these collabos look good on paper but don't turn out as planned

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2013, 07:41:27 AM »

ice cube is great in his own right...but none of em would be where they are witout eazy.
fixed.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2013, 09:42:12 AM »

ice cube is great in his own right...but none of em would be where they are witout eazy.
fixed.

it all goes back to Dre being a producer who was years ahead of everyone else in the rap game

Will_B

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2013, 10:52:27 AM »

fixed.

it all goes back to Dre being a producer who was years ahead of everyone else in the rap game

Truth

Sccit

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:24 AM »
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/08/docs_top_five_doc_ghostwritten.php

1. "Nuthin' But A 'G' Thang," Dr. Dre featuring Snoop
D.O.C: "When ''G' Thang' was created, I was living in Agoura Hills, and Snoop and Warren G were living with me. In 1990 me and Snoop each took the beat to different parts of the house to write. Snoop went upstairs, I stayed downstairs, and we met back up in an hour. When he came back downstairs I said, 'Let's take this piece and put it here...This doesn't really work there.' It's really just like a jigsaw [puzzle]. And then I said, 'For the last line [of Dre's verse], let's put my name on there,' because otherwise I wouldn't get to be in the song. That's why Dre says: Like my nigga D.O.C./ No one can do it better."

they both wrote different parts, but D.O.C was clearly the overseer of what was being written and what went where. as a matter of fact, he was pretty much the dre of writing on that project.

money to the second part of ur post.

agreed with the overseer part that doesn't mean he did the bulk of the work on G-Thang though cause at the end of the day Snoop still did the majority of the writing, D.O.C. was here to coach him and give him directions, so he's like a producer in his own right but in terms of quantity Snoop has done more than "barely wrte" for Dre as u said it before.

wait, where did u get that "snoop did a majority of the writing for g-thang" from? cuz according to d.o,c, snoop went upstairs with the beat, d.o.c stayed downstairs with the beat, and they both began writing...they met back up after an hour of writing, and D.O.C decided what goes where and how to structure the rhymes.....according to his account, it sounds to me like a d.o.c did a bulk of the writing. but i guess ur goin wit the reliable death row credits :laugh:

d.o.c is much more of a writer than snoop, and we all know this...snoop wrote for dre, but not nearly as much as the other ghost-writers. it's common sense. how much do u really think snoop wrote for dre if he was using ghost-writers for himself? what u think d.o.c was doin the whole time when they were workin on the album? GHOST-writing....theres a reason they gave it that name.