Author Topic: Eminem – ‘Rap God’ (Full / CDQ)  (Read 2074 times)

me1

Re: Eminem – ‘Rap God’ (Full / CDQ)
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2013, 05:59:13 PM »
And some were saying he fell off LOL! Once again, if you don't like the CONTENT, the you might not appreciate the song. This shit is all about boasting! Obviously since it's labeled RAP GOD. So don't expect to hear a specific story or a dedication. What you will get, is some of the most complex rhyming you will ever hear. Eminem proves in this song that he's better than ever, in terms of rhyme skills, like I stated on another thread. The complex rhyming is INSANE! IN-SANE! He also proves that he's a master of FLOW, as he switched it up several times. Like I said, this track is just to prove how complex he can get with his rhyming. Multisyllabic rhymes, assonace/rhyme scheme, clever punch lines, metaphors, humor, flow etc etc. Many times, when I listen to Em, I ignore some of the content or even his weird voices. Like when he's talking about killing people or whatever. I try to focus on how he constructs his rhymes and his flow. That's what makes him amazing. He's extremely technical with his rhyming. I don't expect a lot of the dumb motherfuckers to like it. Much of this shit will go over your head or you just wont even be able to appreciate the complexity of the rhymes. They'll say "he's just blabbing shit" lol. I just laugh. This guy is unbelievable and a true professional.  The beat is aight but Eminem's flow was sick, so it fit perfectly for this type of beat. Overall I think the song is tight. Typical Em, murdering tracks.

Cosign

Anyone that doesn't find this to be amazing work isn't being objective

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
It's hilarious, he drops some heat and motherfuckers are on here genuinely mad.

Sadot
Closet Material

I see you niggas.
genuinely mad ? for what banana pudding ? he's apart of hip hop culture. u muthafuckas act like he's the end all be all in hip hop when he's not...the beat is ass and the lyrics are ok.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2013, 09:18:44 PM »
There is no doubt that Eminem is a genius when it comes to lyrics, rhyme structure, metaphores, wordplay etc, and this song is a perfect example and should be studied by fans of lyriciscm. That being said, I have the same issue with this song as I did with Eminem and Royce´s Bad meets Evil project. The focus of the song becomes on the technical aspects of rapping, instead of focusing on the song as an entity. A great song doesn´t have to be complex in terms of either beats or vocals, but it needs to have (in lack of better words): some soul. For me, this is all technical boasting badassery. On that term I give the song dap, but the beat is mediocre and the song lacks direction. Necro and Kool G rap´s single is a much better new rap track IMO, although it´s not as near as complex as this.

I can respect this. Good post. This is why I said that Eminem was representing why he's a "RAP GOD". This is all about his rhyming skills. Nothing more. It's not all real, it's not a personal story or conscience matter. It's just showing how technical he can get with his rhymes. Dude will have like 6 rhymes in 2 BARS.

Example....

"Well, to be truthful the blueprint's, simply rage and youthful exuberance
Everybody loves to root for a nuisance"

"Well, TO be TRUTHful the BLUE-(print's) simply rage and YOUTHful EXU(berance)
Everybody loves to ROOt for a NUI(sance)"

He'll connect - TO, TRU, BLUE, YOU, EXU, ROO, NUI. and PRINTS, BERANCE, SANCE. Obviously truthFUL and youthFUL both end the same so I don't count that ha. It's hard for me to explain but you guys get the picture. THIS ISN'T EASY TO DO  8). This is just two fucking bars! I'm not even talking whether they include a punch line in between or a metaphor, with some clever humor. I understand the content isn't what people might want in certain tracks but don't come at me like this is some weak shit lol. These aren't no fucking nursery rhymes. Now the beauty is to go back and dissect the whole track. Usually I'll end up catching different shit each time I hear it. I also agree complex rhyming isn't the only way to make a great track. There's a bunch of elements to Hip Hop. Some of the all-time greats weren't this crazy. They had simple songs that were classic. I love it all. It just depends. PEACE!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:24:37 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 06:59:17 AM »
There is no doubt that Eminem is a genius when it comes to lyrics, rhyme structure, metaphores, wordplay etc, and this song is a perfect example and should be studied by fans of lyriciscm. That being said, I have the same issue with this song as I did with Eminem and Royce´s Bad meets Evil project. The focus of the song becomes on the technical aspects of rapping, instead of focusing on the song as an entity. A great song doesn´t have to be complex in terms of either beats or vocals, but it needs to have (in lack of better words): some soul. For me, this is all technical boasting badassery. On that term I give the song dap, but the beat is mediocre and the song lacks direction. Necro and Kool G rap´s single is a much better new rap track IMO, although it´s not as near as complex as this.

I can respect this. Good post. This is why I said that Eminem was representing why he's a "RAP GOD". This is all about his rhyming skills. Nothing more. It's not all real, it's not a personal story or conscience matter. It's just showing how technical he can get with his rhymes. Dude will have like 6 rhymes in 2 BARS.

Example....

"Well, to be truthful the blueprint's, simply rage and youthful exuberance
Everybody loves to root for a nuisance"

"Well, TO be TRUTHful the BLUE-(print's) simply rage and YOUTHful EXU(berance)
Everybody loves to ROOt for a NUI(sance)"

He'll connect - TO, TRU, BLUE, YOU, EXU, ROO, NUI. and PRINTS, BERANCE, SANCE. Obviously truthFUL and youthFUL both end the same so I don't count that ha. It's hard for me to explain but you guys get the picture. THIS ISN'T EASY TO DO  8). This is just two fucking bars! I'm not even talking whether they include a punch line in between or a metaphor, with some clever humor. I understand the content isn't what people might want in certain tracks but don't come at me like this is some weak shit lol. These aren't no fucking nursery rhymes. Now the beauty is to go back and dissect the whole track. Usually I'll end up catching different shit each time I hear it. I also agree complex rhyming isn't the only way to make a great track. There's a bunch of elements to Hip Hop. Some of the all-time greats weren't this crazy. They had simple songs that were classic. I love it all. It just depends. PEACE!

Very well put
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

HighEyeCue

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2013, 07:38:22 AM »
is Em at fault for picking this track to rap over? could have been way better...

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 08:07:09 AM »
shits still lackin heart n hunger in it tho. i deont blame him. if i was swimmin in cash all day i would have a hard time pushin myself too
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »
Says the nigga who only rears his uneducated ass in threads when it's about T.I., Black Thought or dissing Slaughterhouse/Eminem and various other mainstream acts.

Saddot don't know shit about shit, he puts on a front. He's like the modern version of Agrundy, being all cranky and complaining all the time.
you're a lame pink sugar cookie ass wigger who is clueless about hip hop and life. sadot is none of what u claim so stick to your frank ocean playlist faggot !
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 04:29:29 PM »
t.i.'s verse on this ------> > em's verses on rap god.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2013, 05:57:43 PM »
You're more emotional than Drake...about other niggas too...

Not a good look.

Lmfao. You can replace that T.I. verse into 97% of his songs and nobody would know the difference. #onedimensional

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2013, 06:08:10 PM »

Not a good look.

Lmfao. You can replace that T.I. verse into 97% of his songs and nobody would know the difference. #onedimensional
no one's emotional you frail piece of shit and no one gives a fuck about your opinion.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »
Skimmed thru it and just heard him rappin a bunch of nonsense real fast. will check it later but I wont be surprised if its corny and you whiteboys just overexaggeratin everything this bum does.

As opposed to rapping a bunch of nonsense real slow? Which is 99% of the genre. Take your 10 favorite rap songs lyrically and just recite the lyrics to a room of people, and see the ridiculous looks on people's faces.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2013, 08:51:45 PM »

Not a good look.

no one's emotional you frail piece of shit and no one gives a fuck about your opinion.

Coming off pretty emotional, Drizzy.

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2013, 09:24:18 PM »
is Em at fault for picking this track to rap over? could have been way better...

yea, some1 needs to remix this

dre? :o

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »
yeah

HighEyeCue

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2013, 09:00:01 AM »

yea, some1 needs to remix this

dre? :o

I don't know what was the last song Dre remixed? I certainly wouldnt mind it, Ems rapping on this is too good to be wasted on this beat...