Author Topic: The Eminem thing, it really is all perspective  (Read 233 times)

infinite59

The Eminem thing, it really is all perspective
« on: March 16, 2003, 03:33:18 AM »
During the pinacle of the East Coast/West Coast rivalry, back in late 96' when the Source was still the bible of hip-hop... the editor wrote an article explaining how differences in opinion over rappers is all about perspective.  The way he explained it was if you hear a song when you are in the club and honey's are all around, a cutie is checking you out, the moon is full, the smoke is intoxicating.. then your probably going to love that joint that is being played.  Because it fits your mood.  Well, we all have an overall mood or demeanor that we live by...

Along those lines, my demeanor has changed so much in the past couple years that my perspective on who I like and dislike as artists has changed.  I still love Eminem and the rappers I listened to growing up but that is because I've gotten used to them over the years.

But 50 Cent for example.  I would of been his most ardent, fanatical fan the way I was a couple years ago.  But now I feel it's necessary to critisize him just to show I don't stand with what he's saying.

Anyway.. now like in all my posts everyone will come on and say, this is stupid, or something.. so go ahead.  Peace.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:The Eminem thing, it really is all perspective
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 01:55:15 PM »
I get what ya sayin, and I totally agree...PeACe

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 02:36:07 PM »
Yeah I see what you're sayin... I sometimes feel tha same need to criticise him just cuz what I'm on aint what everybody else is on... but so what.. I could also see why people like him so much, his album bumps...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Jome

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2003, 08:22:04 PM »
Key to what you said:

3 years ago: 50 is underground, no need to criticise him, most people haven't heard of him either way.
U rather recommend him to those unfamiliar with him.

Now: 50 is on everybody's lips, and you have to struggle to avoid hearing literally everything about 50. 50-haters voice their opinion in a noisy way, and this may effect your view on 50.
You get tired of seeing 50-headlines everywhere, and his face everywhere.

Change the name 50 with Eminem and go back 5 years instead..
Same thing.

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2003, 01:56:34 AM »
Key to what you said:

3 years ago: 50 is underground, no need to criticise him, most people haven't heard of him either way.
U rather recommend him to those unfamiliar with him.

Now: 50 is on everybody's lips, and you have to struggle to avoid hearing literally everything about 50. 50-haters voice their opinion in a noisy way, and this may effect your view on 50.
You get tired of seeing 50-headlines everywhere, and his face everywhere.

Change the name 50 with Eminem and go back 5 years instead..
Same thing.

No that isn't what I was saying in my thread.  I supported Eminem in the beggining when everyone hated him or didn't know about him.  And I support him now when everyone loves him because he's an artist I've grown up listening to.

I meant if I was the same person with the same demeanor and lifestyle I had 2 years ago I would love 50 the way he is now and be a big fan and supporter.