Author Topic: I just went to a SICK ass Common concert  (Read 163 times)

We Fly High

I just went to a SICK ass Common concert
« on: March 17, 2003, 03:16:45 AM »
The local radio station around the bay area here Kmel held a House of soul at the Fillmore (a nice small venue, which made it all the better) in frisco.. it was one of the sickest fucking shows fasho. i go in and Oakland's Goapele (she's an hieroglyphics affiliate) is performing her set, she performs a few songs from her album including "closer" and then an unexpected zion i comes onto stage and starts bustin a song with her, and then thats the end of their set, and then an unexpected gangstarr shows up as well, with guru primo krumb snatcha and big shug. fucking sick perfromed almost their whole catalog of hits like you know my steez, the militia, step in the area, skillz, work, full clip and all of their og classics.  and then after their set, Talib Kweli comes out busts hella songs, gets the crowd crazy hyped, and is backed up by the Jazzyfatnastees, and then he has unexpected Kanye west come onto stage to help him perform the rest of the set. and then after that set common comes out for a 2 hour set, and performs covers of CREAM. Big poppa, the world is yours, ny state of mind. he does a sick ass freestyle over the "next episode" beat, and then starts breakdancing, and talib comes back on to help him with respiration. and then for the very last song, unexpected erykah badu comes onto stage and helps common sing love of my life. i come outta the venue after the show, and they give me a free zion i album. nice.

other concerts i been to are like
Deltron 3030, blackalicious, roots a few times, souls of mischief, the coup, conscious daughters, up in smoke tour, ludacris,  and then this one...
none beats This common,gangstarr,talib show, other than up in smoke.

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:I just went to a SICK ass Common concert
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 11:19:01 AM »
Sounds real tight, did the jazzyfatnasties play the beats for Kweli's tracks that he performed, or were they just doing backing singing and shit?

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2003, 12:47:51 PM »
Sounds real tight, did the jazzyfatnasties play the beats for Kweli's tracks that he performed, or were they just doing backing singing and shit?

naaw when i saw this concert kweli came out by himself wit his dj chaps, he was the best one there, he outshined common and gangstarr, he ripped threw all his classic joints, here are some that i remember that he performed

Shock Body
Love Language
The Blast
Too Late
Waitin 4 the DJ
Good 2 You
Get By

We Fly High

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2003, 03:00:52 PM »
he had dj chaps and dj mummy i from the 12 inch assassins.. they straight up murdered it.