Author Topic: New Quik & Kurupt album in the works  (Read 3345 times)

Remedy360

Re: New Quik & Kurupt album in the works
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2013, 10:19:14 PM »
the problem I have with Kurupt is that I can't stand him when he's not excellent.

This is what people are going through when they listen to his albums, then call them garbage.

When in fact the albums are no worse than your average Jay-Z release

Kurupt is definitely disappointing when you think of how good he used to be, but even taking that out of the equation, a lot of his material for the better part of the last decade was just flat. Don't get me wrong, there's always a few songs I like off his projects and he can still bring it at times, but to act like he's been a consistently dope rapper this entire time is an enormous stretch.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2013, 10:19:44 PM »
I think Kuruption is a great album. I do agree though that half the east coast disc if average but some of the songs on there are dope as fuck. "game" and "no feelings" being my two faves.
 Petey, you dont like tracks like "c-walk" or "make some noise", "fresh", "ask yourself a question" etc?

There were definitely some nice songs on that album, I think it was jut viewed as a huge letdown cause of what it couldve been.
Yeah i cant lie i was a bit disappointed when i first heard it. No Snoop, not many DPG features(as far as dropping verses) , no name rappers, no big name east coast stars(buckshot and Noreaga was about it, if i recall), some whack hooks.
 Westcoast cd had great production though.

bouli77

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
the problem I have with Kurupt is that I can't stand him when he's not excellent.

This is what people are going through when they listen to his albums, then call them garbage.

When in fact the albums are no worse than your average Jay-Z release

Kurupt is definitely disappointing when you think of how good he used to be, but even taking that out of the equation, a lot of his material for the better part of the last decade was just flat. Don't get me wrong, there's always a few songs I like off his projects and he can still bring it at times, but to act like he's been a consistently dope rapper this entire time is an enormous stretch.

yeah there's barely a middle ground with him, he's either excellent or terrible. Jay-Z is way more consistent in terms of flow and lyrics, that's for sure, even if one can get tired of his bragadoccio (which in all fairness sounds better than kurupt's own bragadoccio lol).

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2013, 08:17:05 AM »
Definitely will check out the album. Quik always comes with some innovative beats

Sccit

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2013, 12:14:46 PM »
lol may bad

then yeah the first disc is compete garbage then.

u out ya mind, p

"c-walk", "fresh", "we can freak it", "ask yourself a question", "thats gangsta", "cant let that slide", "hos a housewife", "survive another day"......the west coast disc had some cuts.  east coast disc was average at best

Will_B

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2013, 02:20:43 AM »
lol may bad

u out ya mind, p

"c-walk", "fresh", "we can freak it", "ask yourself a question", "thats gangsta", "cant let that slide", "hos a housewife", "survive another day"......the west coast disc had some cuts.  east coast disc was average at best

I guess it's a regional thing. I like Kurupt over those East beats

'It's A Set Up' 'Game' 'Gimmewutchagot' are dope as fuck , I guess all the other grimey tracks are like fingernails down the backboard to purest West coast heads™

Remedy360

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2013, 11:47:45 AM »
lol may bad

u out ya mind, p

I guess it's a regional thing. I like Kurupt over those East beats

'It's A Set Up' 'Game' 'Gimmewutchagot' are dope as fuck , I guess all the other grimey tracks are like fingernails down the backboard to purest West coast heads™

Lol what the hell is the trademark sign for?

Sccit

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2013, 04:42:25 PM »
i think petey was originally right when he said he felt the east coast disc was the one that was extremely sub-par

will, u just weird...ur the first person i heard say east coast disc>west coast disc. not just a regional thing, the west coast disc was far superior, either way

Will_B

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2013, 04:48:26 PM »
i think petey was originally right when he said he felt the east coast disc was the one that was extremely sub-par

will, u just weird...ur the first person i heard say east coast disc>west coast disc. not just a regional thing, the west coast disc was far superior, either way

Didn't say it was better.

Said the West disc takes some time to find it's groove.., then (if u listen back to back) the East side just knocks.

It's a full body of work. It works well as a 2 disc, not out of context.

Sccit

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2013, 06:10:58 PM »

Said the West disc takes some time to find it's groove.., then (if u listen back to back) the East side just knocks.

full body of average tracks (at best)

Will_B

« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2013, 06:13:59 PM »

What do you consider average for a 1998 album?

I got it down as a 7/10 (3.5/5)

Sccit

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2013, 08:03:08 PM »

west coast disc is like 8/10, east coast disc bout 6.5/10

Will_B

« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2013, 02:26:13 AM »

Don't see why you're objecting to a 7/10 score from me then.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2013, 06:25:38 AM »
East Coast disc was more lyrical with tracks like "Game" and "Gimmewatchugot" while West Coast had better production, "Fresh", "We Can Freak It", "C-Walk"...

Sccit

« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2013, 02:57:16 PM »

Don't see why you're objecting to a 7/10 score from me then.

cuz thats a 7/10 on the will scale..u sayin it's as good as regulate, bizarre ride, n reasonable doubt lol