Author Topic: New Quik & Kurupt album in the works  (Read 3335 times)

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: New Quik & Kurupt album in the works
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »
Kurupt started falling off in the late 90's, so I don't know how much the drugs impacted his lyrics or not

even though he isnt nearly what he was his delivery is always straight 8)

Kurupt dropped his best album in 99

Will_B

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2013, 11:00:07 PM »
Kurupt started falling off in the late 90's, so I don't know how much the drugs impacted his lyrics or not

Actually I think

Kuruption, Streetz, Space Boogie and SDDS are all pretty equal for different reasons

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2013, 12:09:08 AM »

Actually I think

Kuruption, Streetz, Space Boogie and SDDS are all pretty equal for different reasons

lol naah

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2013, 12:16:42 AM »

He still has the desire to go off but he can't. I kinda feel bad for the guy. Its like seeing a former athlete in a wheel-chair get upset and attempt to stand up for a second only to realize they can't bare weight on their legs anymore.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

V2DHeart

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2013, 01:32:53 AM »

He did, but then that's not entirely due to Kurupt's skills or talent alone. That album was more like a DPG/WestCoast compilation with Kurupts name slapped on it. Daz, Nate, Snoop, Tray Dee. Even had Dre on there and introduced a lot of newer WestCoast rappers - Soopafly, Crooked I, Roscoe, Xzibit etc. The Warren G album "I want It All" the following year was similar but not as many people as Kurupt's project but it was a vast improvement from his earlier album.

In Fact Kuruption was a good album. 'We Can Freak It' was a West Coast classic IMO. The problem with album that I found was the structure of it. You had West Coast sounding songs on the East Coast disc with East Coast features only. Apart from Noreaga and Buckshot I barely knew anyone on the East Coast disc. That, like a lot of double albums, could have been a solid single disc album
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Will_B

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2013, 02:46:49 AM »

Actually I think

lol naah

Streetz = totally overrated

Kuruption = criminally slept on

SDDS = completely overlooked

Only Space Boogie gets its props as a universally enjoyable album, in reality they're all about the same

Fraxxx

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2013, 07:23:43 AM »

Whaat? Just bumped the album yesterday and no matter if it's due to the production and guest rappers on it, that album goes hard to this day. Doesn't sound dated or anything.

I'll admit that Space Boogie is on par at times but had much more average material imho.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Will_B

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2013, 09:40:59 AM »

Whaat? Just bumped the album yesterday and no matter if it's due to the production and guest rappers on it, that album goes hard to this day. Doesn't sound dated or anything.

I'll admit that Space Boogie is on par at times but had much more average material imho.

They're both very good albums, but I see Streetz being spoke of as some all time great. Certain tracks on there could be called west cassics but overall it's no better than the other albums I've listed

Fraxxx

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2013, 10:10:46 AM »

They're both very good albums, but I see Streetz being spoke of as some all time great. Certain tracks on there could be called west cassics but overall it's no better than the other albums I've listed

Like I said IMO Space Boogie has a lot more weak tracks than Streetz. So in this case I think we agree to disagree since we all know that opinions are like assholes. ;D j/k
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2013, 10:15:42 AM »

Streetz Iz A Mutha.. is a classic album, no matter which way you cut it. You're entitled to your own opinion, don't get me wrong, but this album and Daz Dillinger's RAW are exactly what you would expect from Dogg Pound solo albums.

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2013, 10:37:05 AM »
lol I love when will judges rap

Will_B

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »

Streetz Iz A Mutha.. is a classic album, no matter which way you cut it. You're entitled to your own opinion, don't get me wrong, but this album and Daz Dillinger's RAW are exactly what you would expect from Dogg Pound solo albums.

Streetz is a West 'classic' as in it could be considered a essential album to own

In the broader spectrum of music it's not even on the charts

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »

Will_B

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2013, 01:04:32 PM »

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2013, 01:18:33 PM »
lol I love when will judges rap

Good to see I've got some fans here :D