Author Topic: New Quik & Kurupt album in the works  (Read 3348 times)

Will_B

Re: New Quik & Kurupt album in the works
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2013, 01:27:29 PM »
lol I love when will judges rap

Good to see I've got some fans here :D

im a fan of ur judgements...they genuinely bring a smile to my face

Sorry to not follow the pack ;)

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2013, 01:37:51 PM »
i think streetz is overrated on dubcc too but you say it like such a fag. "in the broader spectrum of music" were talking about a fuckin kurupt cd not the pinnacle of humanity. and the first quik and jurupt cd was so bad i have no interest in this at all

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sccit

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2013, 06:00:20 PM »
lol I love when will judges rap

Good to see I've got some fans here :D

im a fan of ur judgements...they genuinely bring a smile to my face

Sorry to not follow the pack ;)

I have a group founded on not following the pack... But some of the stuff u say is just too much

Remedy360

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2013, 06:04:34 PM »
Kurupt started falling off in the late 90's, so I don't know how much the drugs impacted his lyrics or not

SDDS = completely overlooked

That shit was ass..and no I didn't intend that wordplay.

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2013, 07:29:46 PM »
Kurupt started falling off in the late 90's, so I don't know how much the drugs impacted his lyrics or not

u trippin, foo..it's as good as streetz is a mutha, which is as good as regulate and reasonable doubt, which is not quite on par with good kid maad city.

so in essence, it's a 7/10 on the will scale..recognize

seriously, there are opinions in hip-hop...but certain notions are accepted as cold, hard facts

such as streetz>space boogie>kuruption>same day different shit....and it dont matter what u think, cuz thats what it is. u can come in here and say it's all a matter of opinion...well, in some muthafuckaz opinion, drake would lyrically destroy rakim. that just means their opinion is ridiculous ala will b when rating classic west coast albums

Fraxxx

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »

u trippin, foo..it's as good as streetz is a mutha, which is as good as regulate and reasonable doubt, which is not quite on par with good kid maad city.

so in essence, it's a 7/10 on the will scale..recognize

seriously, there are opinions in hip-hop...but certain notions are accepted as cold, hard facts

such as streetz>space boogie>kuruption>same day different shit....and it dont matter what u think, cuz thats what it is. u can come in here and say it's all a matter of opinion...well, in some muthafuckaz opinion, drake would lyrically destroy rakim. that just means their opinion is ridiculous ala will b when rating classic west coast albums

Not exactly my logic but you definitely got the albums in correct order. So you might just as well be right. 8)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2013, 10:40:26 PM »
 Streetz>Kuruption>Street lights>SDDS>Space Boogie>Against the grain.

Remedy360

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2013, 12:32:09 AM »
Kuruption>Street lights>SDDS>Space Boogie

:-\

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2013, 12:36:58 AM »
THERES ALSO 2 DIFFERENT AGAINST THE GRAINS

^THIS THE 1 I USED 2 BUMP

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2013, 12:44:08 AM »
 Yeah i got that one too. Had shit that was recorded before he went back to tha row if i recall? I guess there was "the originals' also.
 I think the album he did with J wells was fucking dope too, just saying.
 Oh and my post before was not trolling , thats my honest opinion. I feel that space boogie is over rated. I cant believe people say that about streetz.

Will_B

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2013, 01:09:40 AM »
Yeah i got that one too. Had shit that was recorded before he went back to tha row if i recall? I guess there was "the originals' also.
 I think the album he did with J wells was fucking dope too, just saying.
 Oh and my post before was not trolling , thats my honest opinion. I feel that space boogie is over rated. I cant believe people say that about streetz.

Streetz has a more refined West signature sound, but Kurupt raps are too haphazard to make it as good as people here seem to think

Typical of West headz, not to consider the lyrical part of the music tho

Now take Kuruption out in the whip at night: the latter half of the West disc and all of the East side are just as good an album. Preconceptions bout Kurupt in 98 vs 92 are messin their ears up. Yes it ain't as good but go bump that shit again FRESH

V2DHeart

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2013, 01:11:35 AM »
THERES ALSO 2 DIFFERENT AGAINST THE GRAINS

^THIS THE 1 I USED 2 BUMP

This only came out to cause confusion with the official Death Row release. They also had a Crooked I one waiting
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2013, 03:49:16 AM »
Man, one of my favorite MC's and one of my favorite Producers, and their first project was a straight bust.

anyone wanting to defend that, when it came out, was that really what you expected?

i was disappointed, i was expecting a Cant Go Wrong type of feel.

That right there is the problem. Pre-conceived ideas about how the sound will be and if it slightly differs from that then people dismiss it immediately. Not the right way to go about it.

The very reason sequels for movies don't do well in general.

Go with an open mind, not trying to hear for a certain type of sound you want it to be like.

It's a dope album. Give it another go.

Will_B

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2013, 06:37:41 AM »
It's a dope album. Give it another go.

And y'all need to bust that SDDS again, albums str8 g shyt

HighEyeCue

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2013, 06:53:36 AM »
"Kuruption" had some solid tracks but too much filler especially on the East Coast Disc...