Author Topic: New Quik & Kurupt album in the works  (Read 3343 times)

Sccit

Re: New Quik & Kurupt album in the works
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2013, 07:36:37 AM »
It's a dope album. Give it another go.

And y'all need to bust that SDDS again, albums str8 g shyt

what is it on the will scale?

Sccit

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2013, 07:37:59 AM »
Yeah i got that one too. Had shit that was recorded before he went back to tha row if i recall? I guess there was "the originals' also.
 I think the album he did with J wells was fucking dope too, just saying.
 Oh and my post before was not trolling , thats my honest opinion. I feel that space boogie is over rated. I cant believe people say that about streetz.

Streetz has a more refined West signature sound, but Kurupt raps are too haphazard to make it as good as people here seem to think

Typical of West headz, not to consider the lyrical part of the music tho

Now take Kuruption out in the whip at night: the latter half of the West disc and all of the East side are just as good an album. Preconceptions bout Kurupt in 98 vs 92 are messin their ears up. Yes it ain't as good but go bump that shit again FRESH

kuruption is good...but the west disc is way better than the east disc. ur opinions are horrendous, my dude.

Sccit

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2013, 07:38:54 AM »
THERES ALSO 2 DIFFERENT AGAINST THE GRAINS

^THIS THE 1 I USED 2 BUMP

This only came out to cause confusion with the official Death Row release. They also had a Crooked I one waiting

yea, didnt daz put this out?

Will_B

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2013, 10:18:18 AM »
Yeah i got that one too. Had shit that was recorded before he went back to tha row if i recall? I guess there was "the originals' also.
 I think the album he did with J wells was fucking dope too, just saying.
 Oh and my post before was not trolling , thats my honest opinion. I feel that space boogie is over rated. I cant believe people say that about streetz.

Streetz has a more refined West signature sound, but Kurupt raps are too haphazard to make it as good as people here seem to think

Typical of West headz, not to consider the lyrical part of the music tho

Now take Kuruption out in the whip at night: the latter half of the West disc and all of the East side are just as good an album. Preconceptions bout Kurupt in 98 vs 92 are messin their ears up. Yes it ain't as good but go bump that shit again FRESH

kuruption is good...but the west disc is way better than the east disc. ur opinions are horrendous, my dude.

Could be, but I listened to them both str8 through in the whip at night the other day...West coast side set the mood, East Coast got me hyped as fuck

Guess it depends on the setting and the mood

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2013, 10:38:11 AM »
funny i also been listening alot of kuruption! recently the east coast disc is garbage even the songs by strong producers sucked dick.

Will_B

« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »
funny i also been listening alot of kuruption! recently the east coast disc is garbage even the songs by strong producers sucked dick.

LOL @ garbage

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2013, 11:24:19 AM »
its a whole disk of filler.

fucking garbage.

the ONLY song on that disc with redeemable value is the one that starts out like "dont make no sense, in a false pretense" or some shit...i dont know the name but im sure you do.

anyways this nigga got a pete rock beat on that thing and the nigga didnt even use his signature sounds or nothing. its a fucking drumtrack and a bassnote.

Will_B

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2013, 11:49:35 AM »

fucking garbage.

the ONLY song on that disc with redeemable value is the one that starts out like "dont make no sense, in a false pretense" or some shit...i dont know the name but im sure you do.

anyways this nigga got a pete rock beat on that thing and the nigga didnt even use his signature sounds or nothing. its a fucking drumtrack and a bassnote.

:banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin:

HighEyeCue

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »

fucking garbage.

the first track you mentioned is "That's Gangsta" produced by Warren G, its on the West Coast Disc...

I agree about the East Coast Disc, I like "Its A Setup" and "Game" and maybe 1 or 2 others

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
lol may bad

then yeah the first disc is compete garbage then.

bouli77

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2013, 01:05:53 PM »
i never got into kuruption... there's tracks i like on the west coast disc, but i can never listen to it from start to finish. t

the east coast disc is never managed to listen to it entirely.

the problem I have with Kurupt is that I can't stand him when he's not excellent. I like his earlier stuff a lot, when he's on a freestyle/MC tip ala Dogg Food or Doggystyle, but I find him incredibly ridiculous and not credible when he acts gangsta, it's like dude has no charisma at all and his redundant verses "daz dpg kurupt 12 gauge shotty at the party" are very hard to listen to

on Tha Streetz he's good at times, but as it's been said it's more like a posse album, with a dope westcoast vibes and solid production throughout (fredwreck, daz, soopa, blaqthoven, organized noise)

on Space Boogey he was average on the mic except for a few cuts but the production was solid for the most part and there were serious bangers (some terrible songs too).

I though SDDS was decent and a bit underrated as it came out after he squashed the beef with daz, with little to no promo, a low budget video and all.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2013, 01:52:48 PM »
The East Coast disc of Kuruption! always sounded completely freestyled, which is impressive, but horrible at the same time. Plus, the never-heard-of-again list of rappers and producers REALLY dragged the disc down. I don't think I could listen to the East Coast disc in 1 sitting again and keep my sanity (and I'm a huge Kurupt fan).

Will_B

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2013, 02:14:16 PM »
the problem I have with Kurupt is that I can't stand him when he's not excellent.

This is what people are going through when they listen to his albums, then call them garbage.

When in fact the albums are no worse than your average Jay-Z release

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2013, 10:09:38 PM »
 I think Kuruption is a great album. I do agree though that half the east coast disc if average but some of the songs on there are dope as fuck. "game" and "no feelings" being my two faves.
 Petey, you dont like tracks like "c-walk" or "make some noise", "fresh", "ask yourself a question" etc?

Remedy360

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2013, 10:16:38 PM »
I think Kuruption is a great album. I do agree though that half the east coast disc if average but some of the songs on there are dope as fuck. "game" and "no feelings" being my two faves.
 Petey, you dont like tracks like "c-walk" or "make some noise", "fresh", "ask yourself a question" etc?

There were definitely some nice songs on that album, I think it was jut viewed as a huge letdown cause of what it couldve been.