Author Topic: So it's been 1 year since GKMC dropped...  (Read 1470 times)

Will_B

Re: So it's been 1 year since GKMC dropped...
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
Everythings judged on individual merit, to my scale based on all music, not rap and not anyone else's ;)

as it should be....but if ur scale was telling u that bizarre was a better emcee than eminem, u'd know it was off....see what im gettin at??

But it's not ;)

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2013, 05:30:51 PM »
Everythings judged on individual merit, to my scale based on all music, not rap and not anyone else's ;)

as it should be....but if ur scale was telling u that bizarre was a better emcee than eminem, u'd know it was off....see what im gettin at??

But it's not ;)

but ur opinion is that regulate, bizarre ride 2 the pharcyde, and reasonable doubt are 7/10, while gkmc is 8/10...ur opinion is also that same day, different shit is equal to streetz is a mutha. it's almost just as bad.

Will_B

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2013, 05:46:33 PM »

But it's not ;)

but ur opinion is that regulate, bizarre ride 2 the pharcyde, and reasonable doubt are 7/10, while gkmc is 8/10...ur opinion is also that same day, different shit is equal to streetz is a mutha. it's almost just as bad.

All those (not including GKMC) are very good but not great albums

GKMC is different class. It's not so hard to comprehend :)

EDIT: I just skimmed tho SDDS and you're right, it's not as good as I remember - It's still decent tho (thats a 6.5/10 so still close, and good for an underground album)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 05:50:16 PM by Do Buy Albums »

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2013, 06:23:28 PM »

Will_B

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »

GKMC is different class.

lol smh

LOL I can't hate on you if u can't hear it...but if u think GKMC aint anything significant you missin the boat here my dude

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2013, 08:10:13 PM »

GKMC is different class.

lol smh

LOL I can't hate on you if u can't hear it...but if u think GKMC aint anything significant you missin the boat here my dude

it's not even close to "regulate" in terms of innovation, bumpability, and overall production value.

it's a good album, but highly overrated on this site. and even as overrated as it is, i dont think u guna find any1 sayin it's better than regulate LOL.

what is "the chronic" outta 10 on the will scale?

Will_B

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2013, 04:32:04 AM »

8.5/10 all day

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »

8.5/10 all day

lol only .5 more than gkmc

lmao a bigger gap between regulate and gkmc than chronic and gkmc?

see what im sayin brodie

Will_B

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2013, 11:51:34 PM »

8.5/10 all day

lol only .5 more than gkmc

lmao a bigger gap between regulate and gkmc than chronic and gkmc?

see what im sayin brodie

Yeah I know

Warren G never was a great lyricist.

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »
Neither was George Clinton, wtf is ur point

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 10:53:06 AM »
See, what kills me is people saying Kendrick needs to take it old school. Man, that's the WRONG direction he needs to go. Hip-Hop is always suppose to be moving forward. It's always forward, never backwards. Yeah, maybe get Quik on a beat, or Dre, but don't force the issue. These are not the things that make or break an album. GKMC was post gangsta rap, it was almost the death of gangsta rap in a way. That in it's self makes it a HUGE album. For the last 25 years, we've heard gangsta tale after gangsta tale. This album was the other side, the kid just trying to survive. That's moving forward.

"I live inside the belly of the rough
Compton, U.S.A. made Me an Angel on Angel Dust, what"

"Any nigga can kill a man, that don't make you a real nigga.
Real is responsibility, real is taking care of your motherfucking family, real is god, nigga."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 12:44:19 PM by M Dogg™ »

Blood$

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 11:04:57 AM »
Kendrick flipped an Ice Cube classic and had MC Eiht rapping on the second half of the song, that's about as old school as he needed to go  8)

Will_B

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2013, 12:23:47 PM »

Lol if you don't know you'll never know

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2013, 04:44:07 PM »

u dont have a point...if u really tryna argue that kendrick's album is superior to regulate because of lyrical skill, that's equivalent to saying cages last album is better than the chronic because of lyrical skill. that line of thinkin holds no weight.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:46:25 PM by NIKCC »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2013, 08:22:06 PM »

u dont have a point...if u really tryna argue that kendrick's album is superior to regulate because of lyrical skill, that's equivalent to saying cages last album is better than the chronic because of lyrical skill. that line of thinkin holds no weight.

Kendrick's album was better than Warren G's for 3 simple reasons.

It told a story, which is a true tradition of westcoast rap. One thing the west has always done well is tell stories, and this album told a story within the songs and throughout the album.

The lyrical skill of Kendrick was far superior than Warren G and the G Funk family.

Though Regulate had better production, the production on GKMC wasn't that far off, enough that the lyrical skills and story telling helped push Kendrick above Warren G's Regulate.