Author Topic: Eminem - "Marshall Mathers LP 2" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 11295 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Eminem - "Marshall Mathers LP 2" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2013, 09:18:32 PM »
The Marshall Mathers 2 EP

Bad Guy
Baby
Brainless
Ground Hog Day
Evil Twin

Half way through my second full listen through the album (I waited till it was released and bought it in stores) I have to say my favorite track so far is...

"Legacy"
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2013, 07:57:56 AM »
^^^
I've listened to it numerous times and its still my favorite as well

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »
Great replay value, class album, some very strong bonus tracks and even the so called pop  songs like asshole, so far, while having a poppy vibe are catchy, entertaining, with a mixture of humorous and really sharp rhymes and varied flows. Evil Twin, Bad Guy, Legacy, Rap God, are definitely the stand out tracks though. How many rappers hold down a whole album by themselves (exception of the collaboration) how many rappers would display so many flows, how many rappers can switch up their voice? How many rappers escape the predictable way of delivering punch lines and similies? How many rappers are capable of making actual songs? The lyrics are as good as any you will hear. This is all about opinion but this is the best rapper dead or alive. After the woeful encore, the fairly woeful relapse, the patchy recovery, this is a reminder of just how talented he is. I am sure some will disagree but. whatever, this album came out of nowhere for me and smashe'd expectations

me1

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2013, 11:56:39 AM »
Great replay value, class album, some very strong bonus tracks and even the so called pop  songs like asshole, so far, while having a poppy vibe are catchy, entertaining, with a mixture of humorous and really sharp rhymes and varied flows. Evil Twin, Bad Guy, Legacy, Rap God, are definitely the stand out tracks though. How many rappers hold down a whole album by themselves (exception of the collaboration) how many rappers would display so many flows, how many rappers can switch up their voice? How many rappers escape the predictable way of delivering punch lines and similies? How many rappers are capable of making actual songs? The lyrics are as good as any you will hear. This is all about opinion but this is the best rapper dead or alive. After the woeful encore, the fairly woeful relapse, the patchy recovery, this is a reminder of just how talented he is. I am sure some will disagree but. whatever, this album came out of nowhere for me and smashe'd expectations

I completely agree.

In terms of flows, this album is second to none. Period. In terms of rhymes and little similes and metaphors being snuck in here and there, it mops up the floor with Em's previous work. It's his smartest, most clever lyrics yet, delivered via consistently incredible flows.

As for how this stacks up to other efforts of his, I will say that on every single one of his previous albums there may be 2-3 songs I have zero tolerance for. I can't say that's the case this time around. Even the singles (Berzerk, Survival), while my least favorite songs on the album, have replay value.

There's something for everyone on this disc. He always makes a serious effort to do that, so that's no surprise.  But what is surprising is the technical display on each and every song.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
Only listened to it once so far but really enjoyed it as a first listen.  I think people expecting an album that sounds like the original MMLP might be disappointed but I can see why it is called MMLP2. Em seems creatively focused on this one and the lyrics/flow are incredible.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »
^^^

The third verse ruins that song for me. He starts reaching with a whole bunch of bullshit lines. But overall, dope song.

That song is actually is actually a prime example of how lame people's opinions are. 150% if that was Rihanna on "Legacy" and sang word for word the exact same way the hook goes it would be automatically labeled "pop trash". But since I don't even know who got credit for that hook it becomes the best song on the album lol.

The last two minutes of "Bad Guy" is the highlight of the album. Other than that "Headlights" is the best song and most complete song on the album.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2013, 12:31:21 AM »
This.

Sccit

« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2013, 10:54:51 AM »
^^^

The third verse ruins that song for me. He starts reaching with a whole bunch of bullshit lines. But overall, dope song.

That song is actually is actually a prime example of how lame people's opinions are. 150% if that was Rihanna on "Legacy" and sang word for word the exact same way the hook goes it would be automatically labeled "pop trash". But since I don't even know who got credit for that hook it becomes the best song on the album lol.

The last two minutes of "Bad Guy" is the highlight of the album. Other than that "Headlights" is the best song and most complete song on the album.

I duno if u realize this or not, but eminen caters to the pop crowd intentionally when he makes songs wit Rihanna

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2013, 12:54:53 PM »
ive gotta say, having given it a few spins, im pleasantly surprised. Em sounds as focused as ever, at times the lyricism he displays is up there with anything hes ever spit. As for subject matter, its a bit hit or miss, there are a few skippers for sure, and the production isnt all that great. But its definitely an enjoyable listen, and will get a few more spins from me im sure

i mightve missed it, but where is the Dont Front track from? dope to hear Em spitting over some classic Beatminerz

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2013, 04:03:50 PM »
you guys are all fucking retarded this is a dope ass album with tons of replay value.

i love it more each time i hear it and berzerk when heard in the context of the album sounds so much better then when it was thrust on the masses as a single.

its a clever, fun and all at the same time dark album...ive been notoriously hard on em for about three four years now but this is one i can fuck with.

i didnt even fuck with his album with royce thats how much i wasnt feeling em but this album changed that.

JohnnyL

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2013, 10:15:41 PM »
ive gotta say, having given it a few spins, im pleasantly surprised. Em sounds as focused as ever, at times the lyricism he displays is up there with anything hes ever spit. As for subject matter, its a bit hit or miss, there are a few skippers for sure, and the production isnt all that great. But its definitely an enjoyable listen, and will get a few more spins from me im sure

i mightve missed it, but where is the Dont Front track from? dope to hear Em spitting over some classic Beatminerz

From what I read, it was offered as an exclusive if you pre-ordered both the "Marshal Mathers 2 LP" and the new "Call of Duty" through Gamestop stores.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2013, 05:32:07 AM »
when i first heard the album i thought that it sounded weird. i mean i expected a mixed bag, but with a different sound.
good to hear that eminem stepped up his flow though.
shame there's no dre production on it.

can anyone tell how the fuck he names this album mmlp2????

I'm afraid Eminem ain't got a damn idea about...
publicity stunt

'baby' is easily one of the strongest tracks. the flows aren't too obtuse and the dark beat is reminiscent of his older, better material.
yeah, the dre similarity is obvious

^^^

actually the hook of Legacy sounds a bit out of place to me.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2013, 06:15:50 AM »
Haven't seen any mention of "Stronger Than I Was" yet in this thread.  I think it has to be one of the top tracks on the album.  Its my second favorite right now after "Legacy".  And Cham mentioned Rihanna, I was thinking Rihanna could of also done that hook well, but the problem is Rihanna is a sex goddessl, and it might have distracted from the message of the song, so I think that's why the hook was given to a lesser known artist.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:39:36 PM by Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2013, 07:28:24 AM »
when i first heard the album i thought that it sounded weird. i mean i expected a mixed bag, but with a different sound.
good to hear that eminem stepped up his flow though.
shame there's no dre production on it.

yeah but he mixed 3 tracks :laugh:

Okka

« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »
Good album, way better than "Recovery" and Bad Meets Evil with Royce. A lot of people hatin' on "Monster", but i like it. Somebody PM me those bonus songs?