Author Topic: Eminem - "Marshall Mathers LP 2" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 11132 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Eminem - "Marshall Mathers LP 2" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2013, 10:49:03 PM »
rhyme or reason is so fucking dope.

its on another level and is probably my sleeper gem of the tape.

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2013, 12:01:56 AM »
Honestly, "The Monster" & "Asshole" have grown on me. I'll never really get into "Bezerk", "Survival" & "Stronger Than I Was", but other than that he doesn't miss on any other song; including the bonus tracks.

He doesn't sing on "Brainless" how come nobody is mentioning that joint?  That track is fuckin nuts!  Way better than "Monster" and "Asshole".

I gotta agree, Brainless is one of my favourites on the album! The beat is so dope, makes me wonder why did em get any visiting producers as he made the best beat of the album  ;D Better beats and less ladies singing on choruses and this would have been a classic.. maybe those choruses will grow on me but that was the feeling I got after my first listen.
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

EAZY-LI

« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2013, 02:54:56 AM »
all you guys have brought the album and just keep listening to it again and again forcing yourself to like it.
you could do that with anything that's how the radio works keeps playing the same 20 songs in rotation and before you know
it your singing along to the song you thought was crappy when you first heard it. that bad meets evil ep he did with Royce
was great in my opinion but you guys just glazed over it now he comes out with this wack shit and you guys are dick riding the hell out of it
go figure  :-\
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2013, 02:59:15 AM »
 I bought the deluxe edition today, hopefully i get time to give it a listen.

Lucifuge

« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2013, 04:00:59 AM »
Album is crazy, bonuses are crazy. 4/5
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Okka

« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2013, 06:38:04 AM »
SYour
For anyone who cares about numbers. MMLP2 debuted at no1 no surprise with 779,000+

The first one almost sold two million first week.

LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE WRONG, BRIAN! Go feed your kid.

More lies from Cham... if you can find the post where I said MMLP2 would equal the sales or outsell the origional then I will delete my account.  Nobody who was around in the 90s before the digital age would say something so stupid, I used to follow the charts weekly in those days.  Just copy and paste what I said here or shut fake ass up, and go get dressed for church cause your grandmas comin to town and u know she's gonna want to take pics of her precious grandbaby

...anyway, back to the album discussion, I've now bumped it enough that I've picked out the 5 standout cuts...

1.   "Legacy"
2.  "Stronger Than I Was"
3.  Whatever that joint is about "If you had a brain you'd be famous"
4.  That joint about his mom with that dude singing on the chorus
5.  The last joint on the album where he goes in on everyone, that track is sick

...sorry don't have the album in front of me still learning the track titles

Damn, that might take a while.

Sccit

« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2013, 10:44:06 AM »
Honestly, "The Monster" & "Asshole" have grown on me. I'll never really get into "Bezerk", "Survival" & "Stronger Than I Was", but other than that he doesn't miss on any other song; including the bonus tracks.

He doesn't sing on "Brainless" how come nobody is mentioning that joint?  That track is fuckin nuts!  Way better than "Monster" and "Asshole".

I gotta agree, Brainless is one of my favourites on the album! The beat is so dope, makes me wonder why did em get any visiting producers as he made the best beat of the album  ;D Better beats and less ladies singing on choruses and this would have been a classic.. maybe those choruses will grow on me but that was the feeling I got after my first listen.

i agree, eminem's production always fit his style the best...if he, bass brothers, and dre produced this album by themselves, it'd definitely be a classic.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »

I already mentioned Brainless as dope as fuck in this thread. It kinda goes without saying that's a great track. That and "Evil Twin" are straight bars.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »
this shit is wack as fuck what the hell are you guys on?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »
Wasn't sure when I first listened to it, em had his angry flow , the beats were hit or miss and some of the chorus seemed out of place.

After 4 listens now I'm really feeling it, all the misconceptions I had have gone. Probably because originally it didn't meet my expectations.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2013, 11:45:15 AM »
this shit is wack as fuck what the hell are you guys on?

Lmfao. You wish niggas gave a fuck bout a Cliff album.

Lucifuge

« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2013, 12:45:53 PM »
Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP 2 sold more than 793,000 copies in its first week. The album debuted at # 1 overall. Recently, Eminem spoke with Rolling Stone about the making of this album. "I feel like right now I'm probably working harder than I've ever worked in my life," Eminem said. "And I've probably worked harder on this record than any other record aside from maybe the time period during The Eminem Show, which is a little hazy 'cause just so much shit was going on at that time. Just being so busy with The Eminem Show and doing the 8 Mile movie, and the soundtrack and the score to the movie. This is probably the equivalent of that but all focused on the record mostly."

Outside of opening at #1 with The Marshall Mathers LP 2, Eminem also had other albums make leaps on the chart. The album's predecessor, 2000's The Marshall Mathers LP, went from #106 to #30 this week, selling more than 10,000 copies. The project has sold more than 10,766,000 units to date. Eminem's 2002 album The Eminem Show moved up from #100 to #58, selling just under 7,000 copies this week. That album has moved more than 10,270,000 units to date. Eminem's 2010 release Recovery also moved up on the charts, jumping from #99 to #64. The album sold more than 6,000 copies this week. It's sold more than 4,508,000 to date. Eminem's Curtain Call compilation moved up from #157 to #94 with sales totaling more than 5,000 for the week. To date, Curtain Call has sold more than 3,778,000 copies. Eminem's 1999 release The Slim Shady LP, which was not on the Top 200 last week, moved into #115 this week, selling more than 4,000 copies. The project has moved more than 5,433,000 units to date. Eminem's 2004 album, Encore, at #158 this week, sold more than 3,000 copies to move its total up to more than 5,343,000 overall. Eminem's 2009 project Relapse, #159 this week, sold more than 3,000 copies. Relapse has sold more than 2,335,000 units to date.

Damn :o
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Fraxxx

« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2013, 01:07:03 PM »
Funny how the MM LP BARELY LEFT THE TOP 100!! WTF? :laugh:
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Will_B

« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2013, 01:30:15 PM »
WOW with those numbers no wonder Eminem ain't motivated to put out better music, shit sells anyway

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2013, 02:51:36 PM »
WOW with those numbers no wonder Eminem ain't motivated to put out better music, shit sells anyway

Will  you gotta stop coming in this thread, bruh. Nobody cares what you think.