Author Topic: Eminem - "Marshall Mathers LP 2" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 11130 times)

MUHFUKKA

Re: Eminem - "Marshall Mathers LP 2" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2013, 03:22:36 PM »
WOW with those numbers no wonder Eminem ain't motivated to put out better music, shit sells anyway

Will  you gotta stop coming in this thread, bruh. Nobody cares what you think.
haha

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2013, 03:47:15 PM »
this shit is wack as fuck what the hell are you guys on?

Lmfao. You wish niggas gave a fuck bout a Cliff album.
wouldn't give a fuck if they did or didn't mmlp 2 is still trash.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2013, 04:00:19 PM »
Those spouting needless hate need to sit down and give this album another listen all the way through. The way he constructs his rhymes is pretty amazing at times. Obviously, the production is a little lacklustre in parts, but for some of you guys the fact Dr Dre didnt produce anything on here instantly taints your view of the album. And in all honesty Dre hasnt produced anything that memorable for a while, so you need to move the fuck on. There are some tracks where it just doesnt work, but as an album its a good listen, and a huge step up from his last few efforts

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Blood$

« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2013, 04:19:33 PM »
Eminem = Michael Jackson of rap

Blood$

« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »
Those spouting needless hate need to sit down and give this album another listen all the way through. The way he constructs his rhymes is pretty amazing at times. Obviously, the production is a little lacklustre in parts, but for some of you guys the fact Dr Dre didnt produce anything on here instantly taints your view of the album. And in all honesty Dre hasnt produced anything that memorable for a while, so you need to move the fuck on. There are some tracks where it just doesnt work, but as an album its a good listen, and a huge step up from his last few efforts

on point, my exact thoughts on this album

Dre only had 1 track on Recovery anyway, 2 if you include that bonus track

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2013, 04:37:36 PM »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2013, 04:42:41 PM »
T.I. = Nicole Richie of rap.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2013, 05:18:39 PM »
Eminem = elvis of rap and joe budden = yung berg of rap.

Remedy360

« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2013, 06:46:04 PM »
Finally listened to the album all the way through. Eminem himself was definitely the best he's been in a while, but the production really took away from the complete product for me. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm disappointed after all the good things I heard about it. Seems like the verses could have been put to much better use.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »
Eminem = elvis of rap and joe budden = yung berg of rap.

Elvis of rap = Michael Jackson of rap...learn your musical icons.

= CM failing again

Jimmy H.

« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »
I don't know I found the production pretty inspired at some points but maybe not what people would expect from Eminem.

Remedy360

« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2013, 11:44:04 PM »
I don't know I found the production pretty inspired at some points but maybe not what people would expect from Eminem.

What tracks did you think stood out in that regard?

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2013, 12:49:24 AM »
 Ok, i just gave the album my first listen(through beats by dre full blast i might add :P ) up until this point the only track that i had heard was "bezerk"
 Wow, this shit is dope as fuck!  :o 8) :)

Ok, so, the album starts off pretty nice and then i started to see what i was reading/hearing about hooks and eminem singing but then i found myself really feeling hooks and i was feeling "stronger than i was".
 Also, i was agreeing with production but then i was like man the production is dope as FUCK! like it really dose sound old school. It really felt like old school hip hop. the beats the samples, the scratches. I love how some of the beats change and then change back and stuff like that.
 And, i at first was thinking that this shit actually is NOT as lyrical as people were saying and thinking that he went harder on relapse but then the album hits a point where its just fucking crazy and lyrical as FUCK.

I found that at a certain point the album just gets better and better and better and is so fucking dope. Some pop elements but i overall feel it is old school style hip hop.

The deluxe bonus disc is a bit hit and miss.

So after one listen iam thinking fucking dope. Most albums take a few listens to grow but some that sound great at first then loose appeal quick so i guess i'll find out what happens here.

Now wonder even ice cube gave Eminem praise for this shit  8)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2013, 01:17:02 AM »
yeah on Relapse his lyrics maybe hit a little harder but that was because of the content of the songs (shock rap, horrorcore whatever you want to call it), on MMLP2 he is just old school lyrical

dnjp4life

« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2013, 03:27:51 AM »
Got the deluxe version on CD and have been listening to it the past few days.  It's an excellent album that demands repeated listening to get the most out of it, not least to decipher a lot of Eminem's wordplay and appreciate his subject matter.
Most of the songs are great, save for 'Stronger Than I Was' which is my least favourite on the album, and at the moment I can't get into 'Headlights' but I can appreciate it for what it is.  'Berzerk' has grown on me a lot considering I couldn't make it through the whole time the first time I listened to it. 
'Brainless', 'Rap God' and 'Bad Guy' are the highlights of the album for me, as is 'So Far' which is goofy but great at the same time.  The joint with Kendrick is different sounding and wasn't what I was expecting but I still like it.  Each and every one of the bonus tracks could have fitted on here easily, especially 'Wicked Ways' - it's a travesty that this wasn't included somewhere on the standard album because Eminem is at his very best on this one.  'Desperation' maybe should have replaced 'Stronger Than I Was' - I especially like the anthemic, country-like chorus on it.
My only gripes with the album are small considering how much time and effort Slim clearly put into making it.  The way that the beat cuts out momentarily on some of the songs to put emphasis on Eminem's words can get annoying sometimes, and there are some words put into some of his lines that pad them out in order to make them rhyme, and as a result Eminem seems to go offbeat for a second or two.  But these are only minor annoyances on an otherwise excellent album that I'll be playing a lot for some time to come.