Author Topic: Eminem - "Marshall Mathers LP 2" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 11134 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Eminem - "Marshall Mathers LP 2" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2013, 06:56:22 AM »
T.I. = Nicole Richie of rap.
Eminem = elvis of rap and joe budden = yung berg of rap.

Elvis of rap = Michael Jackson of rap...learn your musical icons.

= CM failing again
fuck elvis ! if you know your musical history elvis stole rock n roll but the niggas in hip hop ain't goin' for that shit !
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2013, 07:10:15 AM »
I've played this album a ton already and here are my favourites:

1. Bad Guy
No surprise. This seems to be most peoples favourite. The concept is great, the links to Eminems previous material sometimes borderline brilliant and......THOSE last two minutes. OMFG! Eargasms galore. Really, those first five minutes could have been recordings of Eminem on the pooper (which isn't unheard of) and it would still have been saved by that ending. THAT beat, THOSE lyrics, THAT flow, THAT creepy crazy pitched down voice doubling Eminem. PERFECTION. Wouldn't have minded him turning that part into a whole song.

2. Rhyme Or Reason
This has been a sleeper hit for me. Wasn't one of my favourites initially, mostly due to Eminem singing the chorus. But I got used to it. Eminems singing is not bad on this one and the verses are generally NUTS. I especially like the flow he has during the beginning of verses two and three.

3. Evil Twin
This is just Eminem being his sick self rapping over a sick haunting beat. Can't hate on that.

4. Legacy
Gotta love those verses. I dig that detached rapping style and the sound of his voice on this one. Also, it is quite the exercise in rhyming with keeping the same basic rhyme throughout the entire song. And the hook is really nice as well.

5. Asshole
Just a tight track with a different sound.

But really, almost all of this album is good. I didn't like Survival much initially, but in the context of the album it is fine. Berzerk is cool. Headlights, Brainless and So Much Better are all great. Rap God is cool. I had to get used to So Far and Love Game but now I enjoy them.

Only tracks I don't like much are Stronger Than I Was (THAT singing voice) and The Monster (never liked Love The Way You Lie either and it is NOT because of Rihanna. Rihanna is fine, but none of those songs are very good, IMO).

I don't have a strong opinion on the tracks on the bonus album. I don't dislike them, but I don't think any of them particularly stand out (despite listening to them plenty of times) so I think leaving them off the main album was the correct choice.

Overall, I think this album is MUCH better than Recovery, Encore and Infinite. Time will tell how it stands up to The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show and Relapse. All those albums are great to me, hard to compare.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2013, 07:14:08 AM »

= CM failing again
fuck elvis ! if you know your musical history elvis stole rock n roll but the niggas in hip hop ain't goin' for that shit !
Dude, you can't "steal" a musical genre. Yes rock'n'roll has black roots. Everybody knows that. Everybody also knows that back in those days blacks were being heavily discriminated against. All decent people are appalled by that. But that really doesn't have anything to do with recognizing Elvis or not. I'm not into rock'n'roll at all, but nobody can deny the iconic status of Elvis Presley in music history.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2013, 07:30:02 AM »

= CM failing again
Dude, you can't "steal" a musical genre. Yes rock'n'roll has black roots. Everybody knows that. Everybody also knows that back in those days blacks were being heavily discriminated against. All decent people are appalled by that. But that really doesn't have anything to do with recognizing Elvis or not. I'm not into rock'n'roll at all, but nobody can deny the iconic status of Elvis Presley in music history.
your opinion. me personally, i don't give a fuck about elvis' ''iconic status''.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2013, 07:30:56 AM »
WOW with those numbers no wonder Eminem ain't motivated to put out better music, shit sells anyway
exactly.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »
WOW with those numbers no wonder Eminem ain't motivated to put out better music, shit sells anyway
exactly.

Is that why T.I. can't see those sales and still acts like he's trying hard to put out a good song?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2013, 09:12:09 AM »
exactly.

Is that why T.I. can't see those sales and still acts like he's trying hard to put out a good song?
t.i. puts out quality and trouble man shits on mmlp 2 btw. i'd rather listen to an artist that sells the amount of records t.i. sell or less and continue to buy quality than a muthafucka like eminem sellin' more and deliverin' shitty albums.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »
mmlp2 >>>troubleman by a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
mmlp2 >>>troubleman by a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot.
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllll nooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »
run the jewels >>>> mmlp2

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2013, 09:47:57 AM »

agreed
you know I know this hip hop shit and I think em is incredible when he applies himself but I'm not gonna front like that album is hotter than it is. that statik selektah is mean though !

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2013, 10:30:38 AM »

agreed
you know I know this hip hop shit and I think em is incredible when he applies himself but I'm not gonna front like that album is hotter than it is. that statik selektah is mean though !

even those of us who "know this hip hop shit" can be biased as fuck*. TI is not as elite of a rapper that you think he is but he was lucky enough to get in on the good years when hip hop was profitable...the fans from that era show their respect in traditional fashion by buying records. wayne and eminem both have that going for them. their fan base is one that is somewhat accustomed to buying records...

trouble man was a good album but kind of forgettable in this age of microwave rap when you got the young fans who dominate the internet (but NEVER show up for soundscan) and usher in new rapper after new rapper after new rapper and none of them even have the chance to build a career because the new culture indicates your only as hot as your first single. these new fans only support a rapper for a minuite after what ever unique asthetic they bring to the game gets old they will be on to the next aggin (see 2 chainz as an example)

*the rapper im probably a fanboy for isnt even a rapper but a producer...manny fresh. all hardcore rap fans got one.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2013, 11:27:52 AM »

agreed

even those of us who "know this hip hop shit" can be biased as fuck*. TI is not as elite of a rapper that you think he is but he was lucky enough to get in on the good years when hip hop was profitable...the fans from that era show their respect in traditional fashion by buying records. wayne and eminem both have that going for them. their fan base is one that is somewhat accustomed to buying records...

trouble man was a good album but kind of forgettable in this age of microwave rap when you got the young fans who dominate the internet (but NEVER show up for soundscan) and usher in new rapper after new rapper after new rapper and none of them even have the chance to build a career because the new culture indicates your only as hot as your first single. these new fans only support a rapper for a minuite after what ever unique asthetic they bring to the game gets old they will be on to the next aggin (see 2 chainz as an example)

*the rapper im probably a fanboy for isnt even a rapper but a producer...manny fresh. all hardcore rap fans got one.
real music will always stand the test of time and shine regardless of the climate in music. that being said, trouble man was incredible and niggas still bump it t.i. didn't get to last 12-13 years in the game by bein' anything less than elite. i'm still a fan of yesterday though i still believe in goin' out and coppin' music and supportin' the artist. this new generation is fucked up !

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2013, 11:32:30 AM »
incredible fam....really?

i havent used that word to describe a hip hop album probably since...manny freshs last solo  ;D

im kidding lol

TI ranks 6th in top 20 rappers of the 2000's article that just came out on complx today and thats a great look but i bet you feel like thats serious disrespect.