Author Topic: Eminem - "Marshall Mathers LP 2" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 11129 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Eminem - "Marshall Mathers LP 2" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2013, 11:35:55 AM »
incredible fam....really?

i havent used that word to describe a hip hop album probably since...manny freshs last solo  ;D

im kidding lol

TI ranks 6th in top 20 rappers of the 2000's article that just came out on complx today and thats a great look but i bet you feel like thats serious disrespect.
him rankin' 6th outta 20 is cool it just solidify what i've been sayin' here all along. really though that trouble man is incredible it has all the right ingredients of a t.i. album...wait until the next one drop.  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
run the jewels >>>> mmlp2

agreed

I also can agree Trouble Man > MMLP2 even though that's a wild comparison lol

Sccit

« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2013, 07:26:57 PM »
WOW with those numbers no wonder Eminem ain't motivated to put out better music, shit sells anyway
exactly.

Is that why T.I. can't see those sales and still acts like he's trying hard to put out a good song?
t.i. puts out quality and trouble man shits on mmlp 2 btw. i'd rather listen to an artist that sells the amount of records t.i. sell or less and continue to buy quality than a muthafucka like eminem sellin' more and deliverin' shitty albums.

u seriously didnt think any tracks on mmlp2 knocked?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2013, 08:03:31 PM »
WOW with those numbers no wonder Eminem ain't motivated to put out better music, shit sells anyway
exactly.

Is that why T.I. can't see those sales and still acts like he's trying hard to put out a good song?
t.i. puts out quality and trouble man shits on mmlp 2 btw. i'd rather listen to an artist that sells the amount of records t.i. sell or less and continue to buy quality than a muthafucka like eminem sellin' more and deliverin' shitty albums.

I like what rick rubin and no i.d. constructed as far as production goes but other than that hell no.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2013, 08:13:19 PM »
exactly.

I like what rick rubin and no i.d. constructed as far as production goes but other than that hell no.

u really didnt think he had some lyrical heat on anything he spit? i know recovery was whack, but if u dont like this, u gotta at least admit that it has some major improvements over the last 1

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »
exactly.

Trouble man was a solid album. I think most people here know T.I. isn't a bum or anything. It's mostly fools talking shit to you, knowing you love him. T.I. is tight. I used to like him since waaaaaay back. Before all this shit. I was bumping his first albums. I was on that TRAP MUSIK. I kinda stopped following him because he started making too much of that commercial sound but I always thought he had skills. Obviously I don't think he's anywhere near Eminem in terms of skills but T.I. is tight. I like his style, (I refuse to say SWAG) with his ATL accent and he's melodic. He pretty smart with his rhymes. He's a natural. He seems to be the type of dude that rhymes naturally and rides the beats with rhythm. I don't have any specific favorite albums but I have abunch of tracks where I like how he spits. He got down on that "Grand FInale", on that Lil Jon album. I thought he held his own, with guys like NAS, JADA, Cube and Bun B. T.I. can bring it. I also like his verse on that song with GAME called Pushing it. T.I. has that natural ability to make hit songs. I got love for T.I. but don't like too much of the commercial shit.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2013, 02:15:56 AM »
TI is just a slightly better then mediocre rapper whos rode the crest of his regions dominance over the years

he didnt put atlanta on, he didnt invent trap music and he kind of started the trend of halfway credible rappers doing reality shows which i guess is a good OR bad thing depending how you look at it.

trouble man did good but im not sure he wants to keep testing them waters...id wanna leave the game on top and some of his grand hustle artists are bubbling again finally he OWES it to them to concentrate on their career a little bit. he owes it to himself to build his label a little bit i get the impression hes one of the artists that dont wanna see anyone under him shine more then he does sometimes it seems like he stalls niggas careers out as the buzz is accumulating. BG, Dro, Bob has issues with grand hustle as a label at times thats known. id really like to see him develop his label a little bit more.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:18:45 AM by Sir Petey »

Remedy360

« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2013, 03:07:00 AM »
TI is just a slightly better then mediocre rapper whos rode the crest of his regions dominance over the years

he didnt put atlanta on, he didnt invent trap music and he kind of started the trend of halfway credible rappers doing reality shows which i guess is a good OR bad thing depending how you look at it.

I give TI props for being consistent. As a pure MC he's nothing spectacular but he does some nice things and has steadily put out quality material for a long period of time (outside of No Mercy) which is more than you can say for most mainstream guys.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2013, 05:04:51 AM »
eminem imo only has 2 classics.

relapse and marshal mathers lp 1

everything before and after that had plenty of bright spots (fuck recovery though) but those albums TO ME are masterpieces.

i thought eminem was overrated when i heard his first album after his second album i believed.

relapse is a personal favorite of mine for personal reasons. my best friend just died of an overdose the year it came out and i was dealing with my own issues with death and flirting with addiction. i was fucking with lean and roxycodone and shit. after suffering an injury opiates were made available to me pretty much on tap. my metabolism was notoriously slow back then due to an untreated thyroid issue so the half life of drugs in my body was unnatural therefore i never really had to suffer with withdrawls and fiending or anything but my tolerance was pretty high for a while.

the only person in the world i really talked to about it openly was my bassplayer and dear friend tutka who also posts here
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:06:55 AM by Sir Petey »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2013, 08:02:24 AM »
exactly.

Trouble man was a solid album. I think most people here know T.I. isn't a bum or anything. It's mostly fools talking shit to you, knowing you love him. T.I. is tight. I used to like him since waaaaaay back. Before all this shit. I was bumping his first albums. I was on that TRAP MUSIK. I kinda stopped following him because he started making too much of that commercial sound but I always thought he had skills. Obviously I don't think he's anywhere near Eminem in terms of skills but T.I. is tight. I like his style, (I refuse to say SWAG) with his ATL accent and he's melodic. He pretty smart with his rhymes. He's a natural. He seems to be the type of dude that rhymes naturally and rides the beats with rhythm. I don't have any specific favorite albums but I have abunch of tracks where I like how he spits. He got down on that "Grand FInale", on that Lil Jon album. I thought he held his own, with guys like NAS, JADA, Cube and Bun B. T.I. can bring it. I also like his verse on that song with GAME called Pushing it. T.I. has that natural ability to make hit songs. I got love for T.I. but don't like too much of the commercial shit.
salute.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2013, 08:04:54 AM »

trouble man did good but im not sure he wants to keep testing them waters...id wanna leave the game on top and some of his grand hustle artists are bubbling again finally he OWES it to them to concentrate on their career a little bit. he owes it to himself to build his label a little bit i get the impression hes one of the artists that dont wanna see anyone under him shine more then he does sometimes it seems like he stalls niggas careers out as the buzz is accumulating. BG, Dro, Bob has issues with grand hustle as a label at times thats known. id really like to see him develop his label a little bit more.
oh please believe it they doin' them over there. what I like about it is that niggas do they own thing without waitin' for t.i. to move for them. look out for that hustle gang album on grand hustle/epic records. 8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2013, 08:47:17 AM »
exactly.

u really didnt think he had some lyrical heat on anything he spit? i know recovery was whack, but if u dont like this, u gotta at least admit that it has some major improvements over the last 1
i'm not really crazy about his rhymes in the first place. he's ok but he ain't fuckin' wit the king i was sold on the hype back when he first came out just cause dre was fuckin' wit him but, after benzino exposed his ass for the coward he is i stopped supportin' eminem.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2013, 08:48:01 AM »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2013, 09:39:37 AM »
 Didn't sound AS dope second listen. still sound pretty dope though.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2013, 09:48:32 AM »
LMFAO TIs never at any phase of his career been better then eminem...i wouldnt give a fuck if he did a mixtape for the klu klux klan.