Author Topic: dj quik > eminem  (Read 1813 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: dj quik > eminem
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2013, 09:39:07 PM »
yea, but that was a terrible example, 2pac has a top-tier flow
I never felt flow was his strength.  Did I think he had a terrible one? No, but I don't think he had one of the best in the game. In my opinion, it is valid. Quik ain't no shit lyricist but he ain't Eminem. Same when I wouldn't call Pac having a weak flow but Biggie and Jay got him on that one.

Fraxxx

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2013, 11:31:26 PM »
all these wiggers are butthurt  ;D

Cuz they're white! ;D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2013, 09:44:14 AM »
safe sound > eminem's whole discography
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2013, 09:57:29 AM »
Battle rap wise he would murk slim anus

juggalo exposed

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2013, 10:02:07 AM »
I love QUik. One of my all-time favorite.  But Quik himself would disagree.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2013, 10:13:05 AM »

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »
yea, but that was a terrible example, 2pac has a top-tier flow
I never felt flow was his strength.  Did I think he had a terrible one? No, but I don't think he had one of the best in the game. In my opinion, it is valid. Quik ain't no shit lyricist but he ain't Eminem. Same when I wouldn't call Pac having a weak flow but Biggie and Jay got him on that one.
Not sure why you think Jay has a great flow. Dude has been known to be off beat since waaay back. That's actually one of the reason why many guys didn't like him. Biggie on the other hand, was a master of flow.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

HighEyeCue

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2013, 12:53:37 PM »
yeah Biggie had one of the dopest flows of all time...Em is up there as well, as for Quik I always enjoyed him as a rapper but technically speaking he is nothing special

Remedy360

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »
yeah Biggie had one of the dopest flows of all time...Em is up there as well, as for Quik I always enjoyed him as a rapper but technically speaking he is nothing special

Yeah, to me he's a much better producer than rapper.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2013, 01:02:44 PM »

I wouldn't say he's nothing special.  He's definitely talented on the mic.  Can't hate on him as a rapper. He's great at what he does.

fogcitypimpin

• 'G'
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2013, 07:07:40 PM »
I aint not damn juggalo btw. And em is a great lyricist.  He's overated by wiggers

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »

I wouldn't say he's nothing special.  He's definitely talented on the mic.  Can't hate on him as a rapper. He's great at what he does.

I concur with this. Quik is underrated on the mic. I consider him an MC. Problem with Quik is that he isn't always consistent, trying to display his skills. He like to write and make songs as well. But I've heard a bunch of dope ass Quik, getting lyrical. That Loyal to the Game (remix) verse, was stupid sick. He has a bunch of sick shit where he shows of his lyrical ability. He's real clever with his rhymes. Quik is a natural. He's Hip Hop. Fucker can do it all.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »
i dont feel quik's voice at all, i cant really listen to him on the mic

hes a dope producer, and musician tho

Jimmy H.

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2013, 01:34:39 PM »
I would say Quik's passion is in the production.  He has the talent on the mic and can write/rhyme when he needs to or has something he wants to express but I don't think he's trying to be in the presence of the all-time greats when it comes to rapping. When he talks about his peers and/or competition, he is looking at guys like Quincy Jones, Dr. Dre, Premier, Kanye West.

Eminem, if anything, is the polar opposite. He is a rapper who produces when he is trying to find what he wants.  In just being in the position to be around the very best producers in music and being such a student of the game, he is able to pick up things that most artists or even early producers wouldn't be privy to. Em's passion is in writing and performing.