Author Topic: Putting sugar in vegetables  (Read 961 times)

Fraxxx

Putting sugar in vegetables
« on: November 13, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »
I came across this on the new Flatbush Zombies tape. Just a line on this one track along the lines of "she's putting sugar in the vegetables but I don't blame her, mami from the projects".

So after learning that there are people that seriously put sugar in their juice I'm just wondering. Are there really people that cook vegetables with sugar?
i donīt need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Fraxxx

Re: Putting sugar in vegetables
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:31:57 PM »
And I'm not talking about a little sugar to get the water out of onions or similar.

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 12:54:55 PM »
I came across this on the new Flatbush Zombies tape. Just a line on this one track along the lines of "she's putting sugar in the vegetables but I don't blame her, mami from the projects".

So after learning that there are people that seriously put sugar in their juice I'm just wondering. Are there really people that cook vegetables with sugar?

I know the Chinese kitchen add a little sugar 2 their steamed vegetables. So that it maintans its firm-ness.
Other then that I never seen it.

Fraxxx

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:03:26 PM »

I know the Chinese kitchen add a little sugar 2 their steamed vegetables. So that it maintans its firm-ness.
Other then that I never seen it.

I rather mean sweeten vegetables like some seemingly do with juice. At least that's what it sounded like in this song.

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:13:32 PM »

I rather mean sweeten vegetables like some seemingly do with juice. At least that's what it sounded like in this song.

I don't know about that.
But a lot of vegetables  have a sweet taste like a carrot for example.
Although Heinz may disapprove of the shape LOL  :)

Yeah Heinz, you are the reason why I could never look at a sausage normal again!

Heinz

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 02:35:27 PM »
Not familiar with any cuisine that puts excessive amounts of sugar in their vegetables. From your quote it seems more of a reference to something that hoodrats do.
I do know that refined sugar as well as vinegar (not apple cider vinegar) when combined with fruits and vegetables robs them of their nutritional value.
So when you put heavy vinegary dressings on your salad you are actually killing the vitamins...
Alkaline vs Acidity etc.

Aladin: There is no normal way to look at a sausage (or to eat it without being suspect).
I am happy to have enlightened you on the matter :)

Fraxxx

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »
The "speciality of my hometown is a certain kind of sausage with currysauce, cut into pieces. I don't even want think about what disturbing metaphor that is!^^

Fraxxx

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 02:53:38 PM »
Not familiar with any cuisine that puts excessive amounts of sugar in their vegetables. From your quote it seems more of a reference to something that hoodrats do.
I do know that refined sugar as well as vinegar (not apple cider vinegar) when combined with fruits and vegetables robs them of their nutritional value.
So when you put heavy vinegary dressings on your salad you are actually killing the vitamins...
Alkaline vs Acidity etc.

True! I was hoping for some more insight on the culinarily adventures of the underclass. :)

Interesting thought regarding vinegar and salad. I'll definitely read up on that.

Heinz

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »
If my memory serves me right Norman Walker mentions abit about the subject in his books. "Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices" is a classic you might enjoy:
http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Vegetable-Fruit-Juices-Walker/dp/089019033X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384383418&sr=8-1&keywords=norman+walker

What is your hometown Fraxxx?
I have been to Germany a few times and found the people there very welcoming and respectful.

Fraxxx

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
Thanks for the link. Germans are friendly, like most people, I guess. I'm from Berlin where the people are the least welcoming. But they sure do love them some Currywurst. ;)

Heinz

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
Have only been in Berlin a few hours at nighttime before continuing my journey westward so I don't have much of an experience with the city.
Met Nicole Kidman at a gas station out of town, her limo to the airport had some trouble. She was incredibly tall and smelled lovely I remember.
I love sauerkraut and the yoghurt in Germany is the best in Europe.
Artisan bread there is also excellent compared to southern Europe where you mainly get white bread...

Have you heard of Sebastian Kneipp? If not look him up, he was interesting.

BabyBird

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »
Try it on your peanut butter toast

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 02:53:13 PM »
I'll put salt on watermelons or sugar on grapefruit but that's about it.

People who rent in the projects are usually there though because they are stupid and have no self discipline, so axing them to eat plain vegetables is probably too much. #Republicanthoughts

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »

Sugar on grapefruit I understand.
But salt on watermelons?
May I ask you why you do that?

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »

Sugar on grapefruit I understand.
But salt on watermelons?
May I ask you why you do that?

I dont always do it, but I was introduced to it by some southerners (I guess its more common down there), but sweet & salty is a classic flavor combination, this is just a more mild, natural way of accomplishing that.