Author Topic: Emcees Better Than Eminem  (Read 3408 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Emcees Better Than Eminem
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »
author of this thread must be a black ass hurt over rapper being white that gets props..

Eminem is solid, taking out his commercial pop songs he keeps the level. But no way he is the best. Rap is not only a lyrical part, and Em lacks the rest.

Its a pointless thread since there is fuckin lot of rappers better than shady.

Def racial undertones. And on top of it the dudes he's throwing in there are ridiculous. Hip hop cred is dwindling with this fella.
bullshit !
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
author of this thread must be a black ass hurt over rapper being white that gets props..

Eminem is solid, taking out his commercial pop songs he keeps the level. But no way he is the best. Rap is not only a lyrical part, and Em lacks the rest.

Def racial undertones. And on top of it the dudes he's throwing in there are ridiculous. Hip hop cred is dwindling with this fella.
bullshit !

Not bullshit. You're always with the cracka this cracka that, wigger etc.

I haven't bought an Em album in over 10 years, and there are many mc's that I much prefer to listen to. But you're talking out of your ass with a lot of those in your list.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »

bullshit !

Not bullshit. You're always with the cracka this cracka that, wigger etc.

I haven't bought an Em album in over 10 years, and there are many mc's that I much prefer to listen to. But you're talking out of your ass with a lot of those in your list.
my list is better than the one you composed in the vs. t.i. thread so you're talkin' out your ass. when have I call someone here a cracker ? wigger yes cracker i don't recall...there you go wit your assumptions again makin' an ass out yourself.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »
this thread has nothin' to do wit race because there are also spanish, white, mexican, etc. emcees better than eminem. all you weenies usin' the race cards can take your tampons off and calm down.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 11:50:11 AM »
  8)

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 11:53:55 AM »
Black Thought
Pharaohe Monch
Scarface
Nas
AZ
Cormega
K-Rino
Ras Kass
Kam
Common
Tray Deee
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 11:55:12 AM »
all of these niggas are better than eminem. -  8)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:00:45 PM by OG Classic Material »

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »
nas
scarface
jay-z
common
t.i.
raekwon
black thought
rakim
az
xzibit
jadakiss

damn i can go on forever....

Nas yes. The rest nope.

Goats
- Nas
- Ice Cube
- 2Pac
- Eminem
- Scarface

Guys like Jada and TI need not apply.

LOL @ Cube. His best shit came when he was livin off Kams rep n subject matter n Kam did the shit better. Hes wit Snoop right now as a legend whos slowly puttin out trash n tarnishin his legacy.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 12:09:24 PM »
The problem with this is there is no real context for comparison.  Artists that are truly "great" to me are those that are too unique to be compared on that level. I remember making a similar point when people were acting like Snoop wasn't all that when compared to Pac and I'll say it again, it's on some real apples and oranges kind of shit. If you're a true fan of Eminem and what he does as an artist, you're not going to consider Nas or Raekwon an acceptable substitute or vice versa. If we're talking about lyrics, flow, songwriting skills, musical catalogs, work ethic, sales... these at least something tangible to the debate but to just pose it as who is "better" is a little bit vague for a discussion on artists because there are so many elements to what makes each individual one great.  I'd argue each one mentioned is probably better than Eminem in some form of artistic function but also can make the point that Em probably has something on each of them as well.

The more times go on, I just find myself subscribing less and less to the theory that hip-hop or music itself can only have one GOAT or even that list of five in particular order.  The greats are the greats.  Pac. Biggie.  KRS. Scarface. Raekwon. Eminem. Nas.  I think it's a little disconcerting that a lot of Eminem fans overlook equally talented artists but I don't think it's fair to discredit Em's talents to compensate. Whether he sold records or not, he is a great artist. Case closed.
This is it right here. I've been saying this for a long time. There is no GOAT. It's just a matter of opinion because if you try to "prove" it, you're going to have a hard fucking time trying to convince people. There's a bunch of great artist, with different strengths and styles.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 12:11:59 PM »
Mykestro - the way he constructs consecutive lines to almost copletely rhyme over and over is unreal. Might sound a little static sometimes but from a strictly technical standpoint, it's amazing.
Mykestro is tight. Dude got skills.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 01:53:52 PM »
lmfao this thread turned out awesome  ;D

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 01:56:23 PM »
lmfao this thread turned out awesome  ;D

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »
 Everyone opinion of "better" is different. If the thread starter means better as in "more lyrical" tyhen he is a fucking retard but if he means better as in has made better songs or better albums or the like then i can understand.

Only rappers that i think are more lyrical then Em would be Crooked i or Chino Xl. Maybe Raskass or Del. Yep Pun, G rap, etc
 But i mean iam probably a bigger fan of Snoop Dogg that i am of Eminem so i mean whos better?
 I like Snoop better overall but lyrically its obvious Em's way better.

I dont understand why jadakiss gets so much props? dude seems whack to me. TI, i honestly dont like much of what i have heard, i mean he dosent stand out to me but i haven't heard his albums so i cant comment on that.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2013, 02:17:45 AM »
Everyone opinion of "better" is different. If the thread starter means better as in "more lyrical" tyhen he is a fucking retard but if he means better as in has made better songs or better albums or the like then i can understand.

Only rappers that i think are more lyrical then Em would be Crooked i or Chino Xl. Maybe Raskass or Del. Yep Pun, G rap, etc
 But i mean iam probably a bigger fan of Snoop Dogg that i am of Eminem so i mean whos better?
 I like Snoop better overall but lyrically its obvious Em's way better.
Agreed.

I can completely understand how someone could dislike Eminems music. Infact, even as an Eminem fan myself, I'll say that Eminems worst songs are amongst the worst songs in hip-hop, period. We're way beyond just wack here. I'm talking trash like Fack or Hailie's Song. Infact, Fack may be the worst song in hip-hop history.

However, if you deny the man's skills, then you're just a hater. I'm of the firm belief that Eminem is the GOAT if we're only talking skills. That doesn't mean that he makes the best music, but really, skillwise, noone is better than him. The fact that he, at the age of 41 puts out a tour de force in rap skills like MMLP2, is testament to that.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2013, 05:06:31 AM »
yeah from a technical standpoint theres no one better...like stated before however there are numerous artists who make better overall music