Author Topic: Age of reason  (Read 449 times)

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
Age of reason
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:49:56 AM »
We live in the age of reason.
Where most people believe that reason should stand in judgement of religion.

What are your thoughts on the subject. I don't want to limit this subject to people who believe in G_d.
I would love to hear the perspective of some atheist on the subject.

Here is my piece of mind

I believe that Satan was the first rationalist.
He used rational when he disobeyed G_D himself. I am made of fire and Adam is made of Clay.
Fire is better then clay. So logical I am better then him. And therefore I will not bow down to him (in
respect.)

I give two stories were G_d tested Prophet Abraham (May G_d be pleased with him) in relation to reason.

The first one, where G_D ordered Prophet Abraham to leave his wife and son behind in the desert.
Prophet Abraham obeyed and left his wife and son behind in the desert. With little or no food and water.

The second time is when Prophet Abraham was ordered by G_d to sacrfice his own son.
(The response of both Prophet Abraham and his son to that command is described in the Quran.
It makes me feel small, a worthy son to a worthy father.
G_D truly blessed Prophet Abraham and his seed.)

If it was Satan and he was given the order to leave his wife and son behind in the desert or to sacrifice
his own son.
Satan would have taken off his hat, scratch his head. And say this is illogical.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:43:02 AM by Aladin »

Fraxxx

Re: Age of reason
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 03:43:36 AM »
I believe that Satan was the first rationalist.
He used rational when he disobeyed G_D himself. I am made of fire and Adam is made of Clay.
Fire is better then clay. So logical I am better then him. And therefore I will not bow down to him (in
respect.)

If THAT is rationality to you then I understand why you mistrust the concept. :D

I'd say, though, that self-importance definitely plays a key role in your story as it plays in religion. We'd be much better off if "chosen" people would stop slapping labels of value on everything (with them mysteriously always on the right side, of course).

I'll write something on reason later.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Sccit

Re: Age of reason
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 01:51:50 PM »
interesting

"dont be rational, be holy"...ima use that in somethin