Author Topic: how did yall get into westcoast "gangsta" rap  (Read 778 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: how did yall get into westcoast "gangsta" rap
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 10:03:03 AM »
I was born into it. I from the 80's so anything from the West that came out, I was on it. I was in South Central at the time, so there was no way to avoid it. I'll say that around the time of the Chronic, I was already in it, full blown.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »
Around the time when The Chronic was released

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 09:13:53 PM »
well, before me was my pops, who would bump stuff like digital underground, beastie boys, run-dmc, nwa when i was really young....but what really got me into it was my uncle, who i remember bumped some eazy-e shit on full blast in his whip with me in the passenger seat when i was about 6 years old. i was pretty much in shock, traumatized by the lyrical content and instantly fell in love. he had a huge west coast rap cd collection, which i was always fascinated by. ever since then, it's been west coast rap in my system all day every day.....i do fux wit other coasts, of course, but u cant tell me nothin bout west coast rap.

MistaNova

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 09:20:37 PM »
I was channel surfing and saw Snoop's Drop It Like It's Hot...
Then I started broadening my horizons (at the time my mp3 player was limited to New York based indie rock and New York hip hop) with the help of the internet.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:24:47 PM by Iveus »

WestWestYA

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2013, 05:23:34 AM »
california love

Klue

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2013, 05:36:19 AM »
I used to be a big big fan of R&B (jodeci, blackstreet, 112, etc.) and i think its thanks to 2pac, dre or coolio i get into westcoast music. but the real boom has been in 2004 with internet where i discovered a lot of regional g-rap artists (from atlanta, texas, Tennessee, nevada, etc)