Author Topic: Just paid $700 dollars to get my brakes fixed...  (Read 389 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Just paid $700 dollars to get my brakes fixed...
« on: November 25, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »
I'm totally at the mercy of these guys....  They charged me $400 dollars for labor!  $300 for the brake work.  LOL... but I don't know shit about cars, so not much I can do but bite the bullet and move on.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: Just paid $700 dollars to get my brakes fixed...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 06:46:08 PM »
YEA, IT SHOULDNT BE THAT MUCH...THEY RIPPED U OFF MAYN

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:53:09 PM »
YEA, IT SHOULDNT BE THAT MUCH...THEY RIPPED U OFF MAYN

Not the first time and won't be the last.   There's some Muslim mechanics around the way that hook me up from time to time, but for the big jobs I still go to the dealership and usually get hosed. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 06:56:05 PM »
U SHOULD RESEARCH THAT SHIT ONLINE BEFORE U GO TO THEM...THAT WAY WHEN THEY HIT U WIT AN OUTRAGEOUS PRICE CUZ THEY THINK U A SUCKA, U CAN BE LIKE: "NAAH, CUZZ...I SEARCHED THAT SHIT ON THE INTERNET AND IT TOLD ME IT SHOULD COST 30 BUX FOR BRAKE PADS AND LABOR SHOULD BE NO MORE THAN A BILL"

BASICALLY, BRAEKS ARE EASY TO REPLACE...U CAN DEFINITELY DO IT URSELF FOR UNDER A HUNDRED BUCKS AND SHOULD COST U NO MORE THAN 200 IF SOME1 ELSE IS DOIN THE JOB

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 08:56:41 PM »
 Yeah i was taken to the cleaners a few months back. My dealership charged me $1500! but my breaks were/are fine.
 The actual problem that i had was pretty cheap to fix but they did a saftey check and pretty much did a MAJOR service.
 One of my mates had just put in new oil so it didnt even include engine oil or filter or nothing.
 The suspension bushes were a big cost. I cant even remember all of it, they did bleed the brakes i think, did flushes and fluid changes, i already had the RAA change a coil pack(that had blown) before i took it there, i'll have to look at the recipt, gone blank. I know there was something about an injector in there somewhere  :laugh:
 Thankfully i do know alot about computers so i will never be ripped off in that field.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:19:01 AM by KrazySumwhat »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 11:15:54 PM »
It depends on the brake problem. If it's just the brake pads, than it shouldn't cost that much. Anything more serious and $700 might not be a bad price. What exactly was wrong with the brakes?

Heinz

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 10:19:39 AM »
It depends on the brake problem. If it's just the brake pads, than it shouldn't cost that much. Anything more serious and $700 might not be a bad price. What exactly was wrong with the brakes?

naah, even with rotors and all, thats still too much

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 10:57:15 AM »
like 3 years ago i fucked up my rooters and break pads and brake check charged me like 1000 to do everything, and they wouldnt let me drive it off the lot either for "saftey reasons" so i was screwed getting them done there,
never again will i get ripped off like that, there are some honest people out there that it will still be expensive but not charge you more then what you should be paying
next time im just gonna do it myself
The West is Back

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 11:27:29 AM »
Maybe you wouldn't have car troubles if you didn't drive across the country to get played and then turn around to go home.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 01:39:34 PM »
dealerships will always fuck you and your homies who work on cars probably arent as skilled as they think they are. gotta find a trustworthy local mechanic

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 09:07:34 PM »
 Are you really going to do that for every single post i post? so you seem to have a problem with me ever mentioning myself or saying what i would do or what i think? or if i use a smiley or say lol.
 And i already know that you are going to quote this witjh the i's that i just posted and the lol there you go i just gave you another i oh and another as well as another lol so there you go have fun with that mate you fucking weirdo.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 10:42:51 PM »
you
you
smiley
lol.
you
you
another lol
you
mate
you fucking weirdo.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 12:39:58 AM »
Unfortunately, you'll have to bite the bullet this time. Did you get an invoice/receipt for the work done? Might pay to get a quote first..... next time.

polepositon

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 12:50:16 AM »
For some brakes? They r ripping u off. You need to find a mechanic that you can establish business with and hell, just act like you have other offers so the prices go down.

That's crazy.