Author Topic: Kanye West gets checked by The Breakfast Club  (Read 942 times)

Sccit

Re: Kanye West gets checked by The Breakfast Club
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 05:48:55 PM »
i cant even listen to his music because of the way he presents himself...foreal, tho, he's not even talented on the mic, it's all studio work. he couldnt spit a bar to save his life at the end of that sway interview, and tried to play it off, but it's quite obvious that he just choke+aint really a dope emcee

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 05:55:11 PM »
He's not a good rapper by any stretch of the imagination. Lyrically it's well below average.

Dudes sound has always grasped me though. Man knows how to make it all musically come together.

Saw "Yeezus Tour" in Boston. He's mad good live too.

But Ye is like other side of the galaxy for the Hip Hop you generally fuck with, fam. So I feel you.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 10:19:34 PM »
Kanye is angry because he sold his soul and can't get it back. He's 180 degrees different than he was when he came into the game. Can't stand him anymore and have no real interest in his music at this point.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 11:26:17 PM »
dude puts out mediocre music imo.  not b/c he aint "gangster" or dont sound "like hes from 95", his music is just so hollow and when he tries to sound insightful or anything with layers to it, it just sounds completely forced.  i have no interest in ever listening to his albums.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

bouli77

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 12:07:15 AM »
He's not a good rapper by any stretch of the imagination. Lyrically it's well below average.

i disagree, he's an entertaining rapper and his lyrics are average but he's still saying something in his songs. songs like it all falls down are deep, and he can be witty at times, to me i'd put him on the same level as dj quik i.e. producers who get shitted on for their raps but they're not terrible rappers either and can actually write. now needless to say I'd bump Quik over Ye any time of the day, but I do think he's a good rapper.

as far as his rhymes at the end of Sway's show, well it was obvious he was caught off guard. that, and the fact that not every rapper has the ability to rap from the top of the dome. a lot of mc's spitting bars at the end of interviews are pre written bars or simply verses from upcoming songs. shit you got legendary rappers like E-40 or Mac Mall who can't freestyle. that's why E-40 said "i'm not a freestyler, don't rap for free man, it's paystyle on the mic cause I love money man", he was asked by Sway on MTV to drop a freestyle and he performed his Function verse. you got a freestyle with Mac Mall and Mac Dre when the latter got outta jail Mac Mall couldn't freestyle if his life depended on it. so  indeed Kanye's raps were terrible at the end but he's not the only rapper who can't freestyle.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 12:09:49 AM »
naah quik got a way smoother flow

and yeah, i know the mac mall free u talkin about, on rick camacho's show....but kanye is just embarrassing all around.

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 03:02:38 AM »
Kanye is angry because he sold his soul and can't get it back. He's 180 degrees different than he was when he came into the game. Can't stand him anymore and have no real interest in his music at this point.

I don't know about the "he sold his soul" part.
But the 180 degree turn, I am with you 100 percent.
I listened to his first records. But now ... not anymore.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 07:33:38 AM »

I don't know about the "he sold his soul" part.
But the 180 degree turn, I am with you 100 percent.
I listened to his first records. But now ... not anymore.

From his song eyes closed:
I sold my soul to the devil that's a crappy deal
Least it came with a few toys like a happy meal
This game you could never win

Jimmy H.

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 10:34:14 PM »
when does he get checked so i can skip to it
Go to that 15:00-17:00 minute point.  Truthfully, Charlamagne starts off by calling him "a repeat Donkey of the Day offender" and follows that up by calling him "Kanye Kardashian". If you know who this guy is, that's his way of saying "I slammed you multiple times on this show and here's one more for good measure".

He keeps going at him and you notice Kanye spends the majority of the interview with his head facing the side of the room that Envy and Angela are on.  Even when Charlamagne asks him a queston, he's looking in the other direction most of the time.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 10:48:58 PM »
when does he get checked so i can skip to it
Go to that 15:00-17:00 minute point.  Truthfully, Charlamagne starts off by calling him "a repeat Donkey of the Day offender" and follows that up by calling him "Kanye Kardashian". If you know who this guy is, that's his way of saying "I slammed you multiple times on this show and here's one more for good measure".

He keeps going at him and you notice Kanye spends the majority of the interview with his head facing the side of the room that Envy and Angela are on.  Even when Charlamagne asks him a queston, he's looking in the other direction most of the time.

I NOTICED HE WAS DOIN THE SAME ISH WIT SWAY...HE CANT EVEN FACE CATS WHO HE FEELS POSE A THREAT TO HIM. I BET A GOOD ASSWHOOPIN WOULD KNOCK HIM BACK DOWN TO EARTH REAL QUICK.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 11:22:43 PM »
I'll have to check out that Sway video but I didn't think anyone needs to put hands on Kanye.  I just think the guy is in another world and needs to realize people don't care about all that dumb shit he talks about.  I hear the DJ Quik comparisons and all but Quik when he talks and does interviews, he loves music to the point where he's educating people to what his passions are.  50 Cent, who some would also say is egotistical, has a love of the hustle to where when he talks, it's an education of the business.  Kanye isn't grounded like that.  It's like whatever bullshit hobby he is on, he's trying to brain fuck us into believing it is interesting when in reality, people don't care.

Charlamagne is telling it pretty much how it needs to be told.  "You're not some brilliant fashion designer.  You're a musician who is popular enough to use your appeal to lead your fans into crossing over into other avenues." I mean, the same reason people are paying $150 for his clothing was why Gatorade and Wheaties were giving MJ millions in the late 80's and early 90's.  You're a gloried spokesperson, Kanye.  Stop making beats and see who give a shit.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 11:33:32 PM »
i think he feeds into what he's selling...he really thinks he's the most prolific artist of this generation and that music is just an outlet for his artistic vision, when in reality, theres millions of mufuckaz out there just as prolific who will never be heard and will never have the same outlets as him. i think an ass-whooping would be the only way to get him to understand that.

Remedy360

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 11:45:06 PM »
i think he feeds into what he's selling...he really thinks he's the most prolific artist of this generation and that music is just an outlet for his artistic vision, when in reality, theres millions of mufuckaz out there just as prolific who will never be heard and will never have the same outlets as him. i think an ass-whooping would be the only way to get him to understand that.

I think Kanye is beyond any ass-whooping setting him straight. Dude is so far into his own head that he'd probably somehow turn what would be a humbling experience to most as a way to prop himself up more. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it either way, but I think he's beyond repair.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2013, 12:15:38 AM »
I don't think him getting beat up is the answer.  I think that is more about people who are aggravated with him wanting to see him get hurt.  I don't see how him getting his ass whooped would change much.  It would be one thing if he were one of these "tough guy" artists but he hasn't put anybody in that kind of position in terms of violence so calling for that to happen to him is a bit extreme.

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2013, 02:26:49 AM »
YAWN. Name dropping again and again. Always talking about the next man - use all this fucking money you have and stop expecting someone else to give you a hand all the time.