Author Topic: Eminem says he borrowed a mic of LL's arm on "Role Model" video, yet no beef?  (Read 819 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I was going through youtube to see the new MMLP2 material and checkin out some of his old stuff.  I watched the classic "Role Model" video which was my favorite song off the Slim Shady LP back when it came out, and I remembered that Em raps..

"6 mics in the Source/
They borrowed one from LL's arm"

Only big hip-hop headz at the time will realize how fucking dope that line is.  The whole Canibus/LL beef was set off by Canibus rapping "LL, give me that mic off your arm" and LL took offense and one of the greatest rap battles in history took flight, which lead to Canibus classic "2nd Round Knockout joint"

Just dope to think how Eminem rapped the same shit and he was so dominant with what he was doing that LL just ignored it like it never happened.  Classic Em line that kind of went under the radar but his true fans can appreciate.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Probably because he wasn't dissing LL, just acknowledging the fact he has a tat of a mic on his arm. Although I believe that line sparked some tension which lead to em's future beef with canibus.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Jimmy H.

Well, a few things....

The line in question is a knowing nod to the LL-Canibus battle. It's Em having a sense of humor about it.

The LL-Canibus thing was a little more detailed than just the Canibus line. Canibus had the verse on a song with LL, Redman, Meth, and DMX. L heard it and responded on his verse and told Canibus, who was still young in the game that if he changed the line, nobody would even know what LL was talking about on his. It was Canibus who sparked it further by recording a whole diss record in response to LL doing the line.

With Em, it was quite different.  Though if we're talking lines about LL coming from Eminem, I would say that line about "Roscoe beating James Todd, Senior with vacuum cleaner attachments" was far more vicious on a personal level but L has said he always understood and appreciated that Eminem was a fan. With the Canibus thing, he seemed to feel like he was jocking him too much.

There was also a rumor that the issues between Em and Canibus stem from Canibus accusing Eminem of ghost-writing LL's response records when they were feuding. Don't know how true that was is though.

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
final answer, truthful answer:  becuz nobody cared

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Says the ignorant rap fan with Juicy J and Three Six Mafia in his sig.  This thread was for the real hip-hopheadz who are intelligent enough to understand more complex lyrics

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Probably because he wasn't dissing LL, just acknowledging the fact he has a tat of a mic on his arm. Although I believe that line sparked some tension which lead to em's future beef with canibus.

If you ask me Canibus line wasn't a diss either.  But yet, LL jumped all over the opportunity to diss Canibus.  He wasn't so eager when it came to Em.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well, a few things....

The line in question is a knowing nod to the LL-Canibus battle. It's Em having a sense of humor about it.

The LL-Canibus thing was a little more detailed than just the Canibus line. Canibus had the verse on a song with LL, Redman, Meth, and DMX. L heard it and responded on his verse and told Canibus, who was still young in the game that if he changed the line, nobody would even know what LL was talking about on his. It was Canibus who sparked it further by recording a whole diss record in response to LL doing the line.

With Em, it was quite different.  Though if we're talking lines about LL coming from Eminem, I would say that line about "Roscoe beating James Todd, Senior with vacuum cleaner attachments" was far more vicious on a personal level but L has said he always understood and appreciated that Eminem was a fan. With the Canibus thing, he seemed to feel like he was jocking him too much.

There was also a rumor that the issues between Em and Canibus stem from Canibus accusing Eminem of ghost-writing LL's response records when they were feuding. Don't know how true that was is though.

Funny thing is I still remember a little internet interview Eminem did where fans got to ask questions, this was around the time Slim Shady LP first dropped.  It was an interesting interview because at the time he was actually beefing with Proof which many people would forget ever happened.  I wouldn't be surprised if Proof felt slighted for Em featuring Royce on his album with no appearance from Proof and D12.

In the interview they asked Eminem who his favorite rapper was and his answer:  CANIBUS

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Says the ignorant rap fan with Juicy J and Three Six Mafia in his sig.  This thread was for the real hip-hopheadz who are intelligent enough to understand more complex lyrics

lol tha fuck kinda white boy response is that?  nobody cared... get over it

BIGWORM

Beef was over Can-I-bus copying LL's mic on arm tattoo.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Go get your "light-skinned" girl... and leave this thread to the people who do care

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well, a few things....

Thats LLs story. Canibus always said L told him take the line out n L would redo his verse. Bis agreed took the line out yet when he finally heard the finished version L kept his og verse in dissin him. Thats what caused Bis to respond.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Reason he aint say shit to Em was because he had Dre n Jimmy Iovine behind him. Canibus had Wyclef behind him. Niggas know who to get into it with n who to avoid in the industry.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

JeremyM

Eminem has made no bones about the fact that LL was the one who inspired him to rap from watching the "I'm Bad" video, and he even claimed that LL's autobio is the only book he has ever read (which would be where he got the vacuum cleaner attachment reference). So I'm sure LL likes being paid that level of respect.

Hack Wilson - real

3 6 Mafia been around since '88

and there isn't much complex about writing about LL's tattoo

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Go get your "light-skinned" girl... and leave this thread to the people who do care

LOL!

3 6 Mafia been around since '88

and there isn't much complex about writing about LL's tattoo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vg7K_URy9Qk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vg7K_URy9Qk</a>