Author Topic: L.A.M.B : Violence of tha Lambz  (Read 3348 times)

Heinz

Re: L.A.M.B : Violence of tha Lambz
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »
The only problem is horrorcore rap and sophistication don't go hand in hand, you don't want to alienate potential fans.

You are skilled though.

I think that kind of narrow minded mentality is what limits creativity and creative expression.
But you might be right maybe the world ain't ready for an avante garde horrorcore rap album cover design (A.G.H.R.A.C.D) and the genius of it will pass them by.
Considering potential fans is the creative equivalent of political correctness.

Thank you for the compliment, I appreciated that.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 05:11:42 PM »
The only problem is horrorcore rap and sophistication don't go hand in hand, you don't want to alienate potential fans.

You are skilled though.

I think that kind of narrow minded mentality is what limits creativity and creative expression.
But you might be right maybe the world ain't ready for an avante garde horrorcore rap album cover design (A.G.H.R.A.C.D) and the genius of it will pass them by.

No problem, and don't let that observation mislead you about my intentions. I am a life long fan of horror, whether in film, music, physical art, and literature.

The possibilities horrorcore rap has in front of it as a genre leaves so many possibilities. Maybe one day there will be an artist that touches on themes of supernatural or existential horror in a manner that hasn't been seen before. LAMB, hasn't strayed far from the typical slash and kill lane that dominates a lot of the genre. It was simply my observation that the type of music they create doesn't call for anything too high concept in the way of cover art, as their type of music (that they've presented so far) will appeal to a niche community that doesn't typically go too far outside the box.

Remedy360

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 05:31:17 PM »
Not really feeling it as far as the "Violence of the Lambs" theme, but it's pretty dope in its own respect. You've definitely got creative skill.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 05:41:16 PM »
can we at least see the one with a lamb eating babies?

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Heinz

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 05:45:39 PM »

You are skilled though.

No problem, and don't let that observation mislead you about my intentions. I am a life long fan of horror, whether in film, music, physical art, and literature.

The possibilities horrorcore rap has in front of it as a genre leaves so many possibilities. Maybe one day there will be an artist that touches on themes of supernatural or existential horror in a manner that hasn't been seen before. LAMB, hasn't strayed far from the typical slash and kill lane that dominates a lot of the genre. It was simply my observation that the type of music they create doesn't call for anything too high concept in the way of cover art, as their type of music (that they've presented so far) will appeal to a niche community that doesn't typically go too far outside the box.

To be honest I have not listened to a full song of L.A.M.B's music before so I have no idea what they are all about. (I am neither joking or lying here).
Perhaps I should have listened to some tracks before preparing the cover.
So you might be quite right that there is a mismatch between the A.G.H.R.A.C.D and the musical standard.

I could never really relate to horror in movies or music myself, I am more of a romantic type of fellow.
Whitney Houston and Frederic Chopin does it for me. And a movie with Julia Roberts is my idea of a good time.

Since a few people feel this cover does not fit the music perhaps I should post some of the other drafts I prepared?
That way you can see which one you like the best.

-

Muhfukka: I never made a cover of a lamb eating a baby.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 06:06:39 PM »

You are skilled though.

actually, there are some occult, cultivated horror themed tracks on the way

i appreciate the artistic sophistication that went into this cover, i just think the lamb looks like a fag

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
can we at least see the one with a lamb eating babies?

*cooking a baby

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
Quadruple Platinum already

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 06:11:02 PM »

Since a few people feel this cover does not fit the music perhaps I should post some of the other drafts I prepared?

good idea, heinz...i was thinkin of startin a poll n pickin a cover based on the winner (thnx 2 petey for the idea).... the skull/lamb head is growin on me

Heinz

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »

good idea, heinz...i was thinkin of startin a poll n pickin a cover based on the winner (thnx 2 petey for the idea).... the skull/lamb head is growin on me

Sounds good to me. But if the one on top here gets the most votes then thats the one you have to use. :)
Will post the other versions later tonight or tomorrow.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 07:08:34 PM »
big balllin shot callin ass heinz

heinz did you show him the lamb chops cover one?

nik thats the one i wanna use on our EP KING PETEY PRESENTS : LAMB CHOPS ft scitt klientel and  ___________

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:11:14 PM by Sir Petey »

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 08:34:37 PM »

Sounds good to me. But if the one on top here gets the most votes then thats the one you have to use. :)
Will post the other versions later tonight or tomorrow.

that cover is like somethin i'd use if i lost a bet, brodie

or maybe if frank ocean was featured on a lamb cut

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 08:35:34 PM »
big balllin shot callin ass heinz

heinz did you show him the lamb chops cover one?

nik thats the one i wanna use on our EP KING PETEY PRESENTS : LAMB CHOPS ft scitt klientel and  ___________

lol yea i seen that 1...i'm down wit it.

did u see the baby bbq?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 10:03:38 PM »
no

Heinz

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 10:55:30 PM »
Here is the Lambchops version.
It needs some more text on the sticker.