Author Topic: Big Herm & King Petey : The Tastemakers  (Read 1262 times)

Heinz

Re: Big Herm & King Petey : The Tastemakers
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 05:23:16 PM »
The fuck my Glacier Monkey EP cover at tho?

Pay me like Petey did and you'll get your cover cowboy.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »
My nigga. 8)

I'll pay you in props.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 11:51:18 PM »
these covers are worth what he charges. hes not gouging, im getting him some local buisness from my area too what he finishes for you will be some high resolution shit that these pics and sigs dont really do justice

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 01:29:00 AM »
heres a beat me and tutka (bassplayer) did for the project...

http://www.sharebeast.com/cj00ezidj84b

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 01:52:06 AM »

Heinz

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 02:21:56 AM »
I like the Hindu beat.
Be careful so Hack don't steal it.

Fraxxx

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 08:06:51 AM »
That first instrumental is really great! Props! So you did the whole thing except for the bass? Did you use any samples or did you program/record everything?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:09:34 AM by Fraxxx »
i donīt need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 09:01:20 AM »

the only sample in that first beat is the piano and we kept it because replayed on a keyboard it just didnt sound the same....I wanted that real piano sound everything else was played. I did some percussion and programmed drums on it and arranged and mixed it.

Fraxxx

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »

the only sample in that first beat is the piano and we kept it because replayed on a keyboard it just didnt sound the same....I wanted that real piano sound everything else was played. I did some percussion and programmed drums on it and arranged and mixed it.

Yeah, I was wondering about the piano in particular cause it has that organic feel which can be tough to create with keyboard/computer.

A good friend of mine spent a considerable amount of time to record the whole drumset for the program he uses with everything from pencils to cooking pots. The result is impressive.

Rick Venom

• 'G'
  • WuTz GoOd NiGgA?
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 11:22:38 AM »
that shit b fresh tho
show me where did i said i live in Poland
want me to show u? ok.....

ICHI, WHAT COUNTRY U FROM?
im from Poland
LOL!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »
My nigga. 8)

I'll pay you in props.
translation = he's broke.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »
ive got a few sounds in a kit that i created by doing simple shit like what you just said...before i could find a timberland kit i made the timberlin snare by striking a piece of paper with a pencil.

ive got sounds in there where i took some basic ass drum and added panning to it or reverb or EQed it to slap like a motherfucker ill save those waveforms in my personal kit. i recorded the sound of pennies dropping into a  mason jar and me striking a champaingn flue  with a fork to get that twinkly bling sound ive used my kids lil tambourines and morracas and even stupider shit lol

my bass player tut has played so much shit for me thru the years i can always go to my folder of basslines and start building a beat around his basslines and play some keys like i did on this one...this bassline was formed around a way different kind of track originally. need to spruce up the mix a lil bit

http://www.sharebeast.com/zafqa7nepd9f

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 11:31:05 AM »
here goes another that me and tut did together...this bitch came out nice...he dont like his bassline but i think that shit is funky

http://www.sharebeast.com/m0s7e0wyc57s

Fraxxx

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 12:31:38 PM »
ive got a few sounds in a kit that i created by doing simple shit like what you just said...before i could find a timberland kit i made the timberlin snare by striking a piece of paper with a pencil.

ive got sounds in there where i took some basic ass drum and added panning to it or reverb or EQed it to slap like a motherfucker ill save those waveforms in my personal kit. i recorded the sound of pennies dropping into a  mason jar and me striking a champaingn flue  with a fork to get that twinkly bling sound ive used my kids lil tambourines and morracas and even stupider shit lol

my bass player tut has played so much shit for me thru the years i can always go to my folder of basslines and start building a beat around his basslines and play some keys like i did on this one...this bassline was formed around a way different kind of track originally. need to spruce up the mix a lil bit

http://www.sharebeast.com/zafqa7nepd9f

That reminds me of something... can't tell what. Good one, though. Gonna d/l at home and see what speeding it up a tad does for it. 8) And true, having a stock of live recorded basslines is very convenient. And if you're not even able to get a little creative to obtain a certain result soundwise just cause you don't already have this or that effect included, how you gonna be creative anyway?

here goes another that me and tut did together...this bitch came out nice...he dont like his bassline but i think that shit is funky

http://www.sharebeast.com/m0s7e0wyc57s

Sounds a little like the bassline is kind of outta place at times. Did he mean something like that?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 03:11:03 PM »
thats my rough mix i agree it could be pulled back a milisecond