Author Topic: "Dare Iz A Darkside" is Redman's best release from The 90's era, if of all time  (Read 957 times)

Okka

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Docs the name> d.i.a.d.

its definitely good but nah.  "Dare Iz A Darkside" had a more rawer edge to it and it was funkier

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2GmrqIYJgg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W2GmrqIYJgg</a>

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
definetly the best thing to become out of the whole EPMD family tree...wutang and all that shit is cool but this shit is the holy grail for me and the cats i moved with back then.

i listened to it so much when it dropped...that bright red casette

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
D.i.a d.s. is garbage truck juice

blasphemer

Blood$

Docs the name> d.i.a.d.

biggest troll fail post of the year… nobody believes you  8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
ive tripped acid listening to this album on my walkman headphones back in the day it was an unbelievable experience.

he wrote and recorded this album while dabbling with hallucinogens i read

Blood$

same here and I believe it lol

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
everything in that album makes perfect sense to me from the intro to the interludes to the rockafella skit

maybe it was one of those that you had to be there things. if the black out album was the first thing you ever heard from red DIADS sounds like a major regression probably but fans that knew from epmd headbanger days see that as his creative peak. he tapped into a funky ass vibe on that one and rode the shit out of those erick sermon bangers...i think the production is dark brooding and masterful.

Heinz

Classic album cover.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

same here and I believe it lol

i think he did say something like that. 

but that's nothing.  I twice smoked weed with Footlocker Water Repellant on it when I was 15.  #anything

• Muthafuckin' Don!
[Hey Redman would you roll that blunt and get me fucked up]
Fucked up [all night] all night
SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

Classic album cover.

It's a play off of the "Maggot Brain" album by Funkadelic but yeah it's ight.  The album is alot harder than he led it on to be n/h.

...that red casette
Classic ain't it.  I still have mine

everything in that album makes perfect sense to me from the intro to the interludes to the rockafella skit

maybe it was one of those that you had to be there things.

if the black out album was the first thing you ever heard from red DIADS sounds like a major regression probably

but fans that knew from epmd headbanger days see that as his creative peak.

he tapped into a funky ass vibe on that one and rode the shit out of those erick sermon bangers...

i think the production is dark brooding and masterful:camp:

I loved that Rockafella Interlude, I always wanted to hear that whole track and more from him.  

And as far as it being a Regression and one of those "you had to be there" moments.  HELL NA!  It's more like everything else was a regression from there on and yeah i guess it was one of those "you had to be there moments" becuz u had to be there to this to this shit when it first came out... Classic!

And yeah, the production is beautiful on this album.  And whatever the fuck "masterful" is too.  

Fuck iz u supposed to be.  Roger Ebert?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:03:53 PM by _RadioTube_ aka Aquit My Homie Gucci Mane! »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"We Run NY" is somethin serious!  They don't make beats like that anymore.  That's Funk beyond Funk.  Always loved Hurricane Gee's voice on this song but never could feel the bars.  Over time I've gotten used to it tho, I still love this song.  

"Basically" was my other Gem.  So Real and the beat was crazy
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:59:51 PM by _RadioTube_ aka Aquit My Homie Gucci Mane! »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

Classic album cover.

It's a play off of the "Maggot Brain" album by Funkadelic but yeah it's ight.  The album is alot harder than he led it on to be n/h.

...that red casette
Classic ain't it.  I still have mine

maybe it was one of those that you had to be there things.

if the black out album was the first thing you ever heard from red DIADS sounds like a major regression probably

but fans that knew from epmd headbanger days see that as his creative peak.

he tapped into a funky ass vibe on that one and rode the shit out of those erick sermon bangers...

i think the production is dark brooding and masterful:camp:

I loved that Rockafella Interlude, I always wanted to hear that whole track and more from him.  

And as far as it being a Regression and one of those "you had to be there" moments.  HELL NA!  It's more like everything else was a regression from there on and yeah i guess it was one of those "you had to be there moments" becuz u had to be there to this to this shit when it first came out... Classic!

And yeah, the production is beautiful on this album.  And whatever the fuck "masterful" is too.  

Fuck iz u supposed to be.  Roger Ebert?

open up your earhole for a second fam look at what he did to atmoic dog on the into of the album at least 20 rappers fleipped that before sermon but not like he did it...he turned some shit that was kind of vibrant and joyful into a dark sinister ass track that slumps like a motherfcuker for some eastcoast shit.

green-eyed bandit

• 'G'
I like the album, but Muddy Waters stays his best album for me personally. Matter of fact, Muddy Waters is my favorite hiphop album of all time I guess.

I always liked to play songs 3 - 5 ("Journey Throo da Darkside" , "Da Journee"  & "A Million and 1 Buddah Spots") back to back, I almost considered them as 1 full dope dark song

This album was certified gold (+ 500.000 albums sold in US alone) => This shows you how much the hiphop landscape has changed over the years, and how popular hiphop was in the 90s. Hiphop albums can't get any darker than this, still it sold that many units.

Btw: check out the remixes of Rockafella (that beat is crazy) & Can't Wait (with E. Sermon singing over the hook)! Funkorama (+ 2 remixes) & I Get Down Like That are also 2 songs that fit perfectly to the dark sounds of DIAD.

I really hope Redman comes back with a decent Muddy Waters 2 album, and delivers an album that deserves that title. Hope to hear those 90s heavy bassline Erick Sermon beats again...

Okka

It's a shame that "Funkorama" and "Where Am I?" weren't on any of Redman's albums. Both are classics and some of my favorite songs from him.