Author Topic: Dam Funk & Snoopzilla - 7 Days of Funk (Discussion Thread)  (Read 3046 times)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
Re: Dam Funk & Snoopzilla - 7 Days of Funk (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2013, 04:18:17 PM »
@radiotube

you're just talkin shit for the fuck of it.. we got heaps of dope kokane hooks on many west coast classics, and you got a problem that he sounds similiar to george clinton? you really got a problem with that or you just want to talk to somebody?

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2013, 04:32:21 PM »
@radiotube

you're just talkin shit for the fuck of it.. we got heaps of dope kokane hooks on many west coast classics, and you got a problem that he sounds similiar to george clinton? you really got a problem with that or you just want to talk to somebody?

so becuz I admitted that I be trollin in one Post that automatically means that I be trollin in every other post?  Where they do that at?

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
@radiotube

so becuz I admitted that I be trollin in one Post that automatically means that I be trollin in every other post?  Where they do that at?
i dont know what you're talkin about, and im not even sure how is it a response to me?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »
@radiotube

so becuz I admitted that I be trollin in one Post that automatically means that I be trollin in every other post?  Where they do that at?

i dont know what you're talkin about, and im not even sure how is it a response to me?

becuz u fuckin read tha forum and u actin like u dont.   wild nigga!

Desert Lord

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2013, 05:51:39 PM »
this ep is the shit! best snoop release since bct imo...

Desert Lord

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2013, 05:56:25 PM »
agreed with radiotube on kokane. should have never ventured impersonating george clinton and should have sticked to rapping. the only time i liked him as a singer was on hennesey n buddah and friends (from duces n trays), and hard timin on the other hand dude can definitely rap

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cG0jI-Wo4Rk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cG0jI-Wo4Rk</a>

i never looked at him as a real george clinton rip off, he definetly got his strong p-funk/gc-influence and maybe took it a little to far from time to time, but he always had something original...
all of his vocals on tha last meal are crazy and dope...most of his work on dogghouse was dope...
his solo-stuff is very polarizing i think

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013, 11:32:02 AM »
i never looked at him as a real george clinton rip off, he definetly got his strong p-funk/gc-influence and maybe took it a little to far from time to time, but he always had something original...
all of his vocals on tha last meal are crazy and dope...most of his work on dogghouse was dope...
his solo-stuff is very polarizing i think

no

Desert Lord

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013, 04:09:42 PM »
yes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 05:51:13 PM »
We're going to end up debating Opinion

but I will say that his whole persona since "Tha Last Meal" era was George Clinton.  And for that I could never care about the guy.  

I always felt that Snoop should've gotten Loud instead of Stress.  

Don't get me wrong, there's moments where Koke blended well with tha tracks (some).  But if I had to chose between having Kokane do tha hook or Somebody Else, I'm going to keep it real like anybody would and wouldn't do it.  

Replacing George Clinton with Kokane staggered his music at the time.  It's one thing to get your own Bass Player (Bootsy Collins act-alike, without the vocal impersonations) but it's another to get "your own" George Clinton.  

People clearly know where I'm at with Snoop.  Not just then but now too.  "7 Days Of Funk" is phenomenal for the most part, he should've just went that route instead when it came to tha instro'z and tha funk.  becuz Kokane just wasn't where it at  

midwestryder

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 09:52:38 PM »
We're going to end up debating Opinion

but I will say that his whole persona since "Tha Last Meal" era was George Clinton.  And for that I could never care about the guy.  

I always felt that Snoop should've gotten Loud instead of Stress.  

Don't get me wrong, there's moments where Koke blended well with tha tracks (some).  But if I had to chose between having Kokane do tha hook or Somebody Else, I'm going to keep it real like anybody would and wouldn't do it.  

Replacing George Clinton with Kokane staggered his music at the time.  It's one thing to get your own Bass Player (Bootsy Collins act-alike, without the vocal impersonations) but it's another to get "your own" George Clinton.  

People clearly know where I'm at with Snoop.  Not just then but now too.  "7 Days Of Funk" is phenomenal for the most part, he should've just went that route instead when it came to tha instro'z and tha funk.  becuz Kokane just wasn't where it at  
Eveything you said is bias bull crap. I don't see Kokane as a George Clinton rip off . No he did not replace Georg Clinton at all . George Clinton is very busy man . No It did not stagger his music at all hater. You not keeping anything real . you are full shit & have terrible ignorant taste .  Anybody who likes the trash called Gucci man has no room to talk. Kokane is dope as fuck ..
Kokane is always where it is at .

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2014, 12:32:48 PM »
you're hilarious lol  :D  i love you

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »
@midwestryder

come on man, be inteligent - this nut is just fuckin arround, no way he would actually believe in what hes sayin

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »
  listening to this after a two-3 week break. so so fucking dope. played it in my car one tme an kinda was over it/wasnt feelin it, but now, oh man, so dope.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2014, 02:53:44 AM »

this.

he fits on some songs but i fucking hate his yodling.

what the hell is he trying to do but sound like george clinton ? that´s his thing. and he´s ruined many songs with that shit.

clinton is at least original and a great producer , kokane chose to emulate his weakest skill, singing , lol.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2014, 04:11:46 AM »

this.

he fits on some songs but i fucking hate his yodling.

what the hell is he trying to do but sound like george clinton ? that´s his thing. and he´s ruined many songs with that shit.

clinton is at least original and a great producer , kokane chose to emulate his weakest skill, singing , lol.

Clinton is a legend, and Koka is not the person that can be compared with him.. but im curious what songs he ruined?