Author Topic: Dam Funk & Snoopzilla - 7 Days of Funk (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2971 times)

KrazySumwhat

Dam Funk & Snoopzilla - 7 Days of Funk (Discussion Thread)
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:22:18 AM »
 So i picked up my copy earlier today and just gave it a good bump cranked full blast through my beats by dre.
 I gotta say, its pretty fucking dope and its certainly pretty fucking funky!
 Quite enjoyed it.
 I guess my only complaint is that it is an E.P as opposed to an L.P.
 The closest thing that Snoop has done to a gangsta/g-funk album in some time.
 If he could do a whole album like this with more rapping than singing with some kokane, lil half dead, Soopafly and the like i would be very happy.
 Nate dogg would've been great on this too.
 I will most likely give it another listen tonight and i will most def play it at my BBQ tomorrow.
 Who bought this?
 I dont buy E.p's that often but this gives me hope for the next Snoop L.P.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:09:01 PM by Matty »

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
Re: 7 days of funk official discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 04:42:18 AM »
i like EPs, exactly like Snoop said in some latest interview that you won't find no filler on a 30 min record, and it makes you want more

cedrik

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 05:20:29 AM »
ep pourrie

doggfather

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:00:25 AM »
1st cool Snoop cd in a decade?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

B.A.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 10:48:36 AM »
The EP is tight, been bumpin it on and off since Tuesday. I don't think I've enjoyed a Snoop cd this much since Tha Last Meal, a full lenth LP entirely produced by Dam-Funk would be dope! The only thing I'd like to see if they ever did an LP would be to have other funk-type singers on there like Kokane (Koke can spit too) and Latoya Williams, it would be a good idea to throw some real singers into the mix; Snoop singing on the EP worked since it's short but I think it would be hard to listen to a full album with him doing the singing. Some features that could sound good over some funky Dam production could be DJ Quik (maybe doing some talkbox too), Suga Free, E-40. It would be cool if a full album happened, who knows if it will though. But what they did with EP was great, especially for Snoop, I already knew Dam-Funk would do his thang but wasn't too sure about Snoopy (he'd been letting me down with his last several albums), but Snoop came through on this one. The Kurupt & Dogg Pound features were coo, although for an EP I don't think it was totally necessary but still coo.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »
 Yeah i would'nt want a whole album with too much Snoop singin. I agree about Kokane and Dj quik and latoyia had crossed my mind also, same with warren-g.
 Iam looking forward to putting it on later but iam sure it will be considered too soft from some of my mates lol.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 05:32:56 PM »
one of my favorite albums of the year, well probably the best of the year IMO.  Snoop and Dam really hooked up something nice.  Im surprised its not getting more love on this site.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 07:47:24 PM »
 Yeah iam surprised also. The album has a good feel and vibe that goes all the way through. No down south or songs that dont fit in. I guess another example of how an E.P can be good, in that regard.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 12:34:00 AM »
the one with wiz was dope imo

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 04:17:30 AM »

R&G and TBCT were both dope too

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 12:46:16 PM »
Got the EP yesterday and really, really like it after a couple of listens. "Do My Thang" is my jam, that one's awesome. Don't like the Kurupt feature on "Ride" at all, he's all over the place with his flow and didn't catch the beat at all. Daz did good on "Systamatic" and Kurupt was much better than on "Ride". I don't think Daz and Kurupt really added something to the EP. I think I would enjoy the EP some more without the DP features, but it's still good. I like Daz and Kurupt as rappers, but I looked forward to a Dam-Funk & Snoop project and now they put the DP on 25 % of the EP (that's what having 8 tracks does to people, still complaining). ;D

Overall a great project and it leaves me looking forward to something more. Really hope they will do another project in the future.

There is an exclusive track on the iTunes version named "High Wit Me", which is like a Snoop (the rapper) solo track. I also saw that StonesThrow will release a limited vinyl release with instrumental to all tracks and another exclusive track named "Wingz" next year. I'm sure that's the track they've played on one of the feature clips, that one sounded dope. Hopefully some day we will have a rip of those instrumentals and that track. That's it for now, I'm going to bump "Do My Thang" now...  8)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Dam Funk & Snoopzilla - 7 Days of Funk (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »
its a good EP , like mentioned above, Dogg Pound dont really fit on there...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 06:38:10 PM »
Are they selling this in stores or just online?   At Target or Best Buy?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 09:51:52 PM »
 I imported my copy from a small little cd store, i doubt the big stores here would have it?

I played the album at mt BBQ last night. I dont think it was overly noticed though, everyone drinking and talking plus very short album, but there were some heads noddin.
 "do my thang" seemed to be a well received track. Plus the beat on "faden away"
 I put the video for "hit tha pavement" on later. Seemed peopel more just laughed at Snoops hair more than anything though lol.
 It was too soft for some of my more "underground" hip hop head mates, even though this is pretty underground.

Hey at least everyone didnt say it was wack as fuck or average like most people did when i put on Eminems new album.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 03:31:55 AM »

I bought it at my local store monday and its dope.

btw, can someone hook me up with the ITunes bonus "Wingz" please