Poll

Which album has done more for hip-hop?

Eminem - MMLP
15 (93.8%)
T.I. - Trap Muzik
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: MMLP VS. Trap Muzik  (Read 1041 times)

Blood$

MMLP VS. Trap Muzik
« on: December 15, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »
which was the better overall album, had the better songs, left more of an impact on the game, etc.?

I grew up on MMLP so I have to go with that album off the rip but Trap Muzik was good too, arguably a Southern classic 8)

doggfather

Re: MMLP VS. Trap Muzik
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 11:42:30 PM »
mmlp of course
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
nothing tis ever done can honestly be put against stan.

thats one of those songs thats so powerful it can convert people into fans of the genre and could make skeptics believers and he created a timeless phrase

i feel like even though he didnt coin it TI is responsible for popularizing the term trap and thats a bigger accomplishment then alot of ppl realize until you consider how far traps gone.

its world wide now and DJS are touring and are spinning trap non stop but if you think its the trap music that this album contained its not its more like a cross between jungle, trance and trap...they throw some triple timed 808s and some synth chords at you but that music is not for the hood cats its just another example of white america putting its spin on something and ruining it like jazz music

imo i feel like this is why the drill scene in the midwest is starting to thrive similar vibes as trap just put down a little bit differently differnet staple drum sounds and shit where as trap was always more of an 808s kind of affair

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:06:47 AM by Sir Petey »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 06:57:49 AM »
trap muzik. it gave birth to your favorite trappers and I can take the content more serious than that on any eminem album. eminem is a joke.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 10:12:13 AM »
name a song on trap music that was as timeless and genre defining as stan was.

trap music was very very consistent though...it could be played all the way through it just cant compare to how compelling songs like the urgency in kill you is or the narrative of stan.

toomp was as important to trap music as dre was to mmlp.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 01:39:38 PM by Sir Petey »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 10:15:36 AM »
Find me a list other than flaccid's and BigSaddot's that features Trap Muzik in the top 15 albums since 2000.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »
name a song on trap music that was as timeless and genre defining as stan was.

trap music was very very consistent though...it could be played all the way through it just cant compare to how compelling songs like the urgency in kill you is or the narrative of stan.

toomp was as important to trap music as dre was to stan.
I'm really from the trenches so a record like doin' my job will always be timeless. plus I can't ever see a real nigga sayin' eminem's shit is better than a album like trap muzik -
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »
Find me a list other than flaccid's and BigSaddot's that features Trap Muzik in the top 15 albums since 2000.
yo stop talkin' to me and referring to me prag ! your name is now miley cyrus u twerkin' ass faggot now go enjoy your beyonce cd.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 10:34:28 AM »
real niggas ain't listenin' to eminem ask snoop.

Heinz

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 10:40:02 AM »

real niggas ain't listenin' to eminem ask heinz.

fixed.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »
a record like this will always stand the test of time -

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 10:49:59 AM »
yo stop talkin' to me and referring to me prag ! your name is now miley cyrus u twerkin' ass faggot now go enjoy your beyonce cd.

Fucknigga from Jersey catching serious feelings.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 10:51:02 AM »

Fucknigga from Jersey catching serious feelings.
eat a dick u faggot ass cracker.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »
Trap Muzik is a 3.7 at best.