Author Topic: Does "Paul Walker" by DayLyt stir up racial emotions... Black folks wanna know!  (Read 1384 times)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Since it's a Black Guy rapping about a Dead White Guy who killed himself in a car crash does it stir up any negative/racist feelings?

Becuz it kinda seems that way to Me.  I'd imagine white folks feel some kinda way about that.  "A Black Guy talking about 1 of us killing themselves, don't they kill themselves everyday."  White folks probably hate it. 

Becuz tha song is crack and it should be #1 on countdowns everywhere and its not getting any play?? 

Why is it so contraversial?  What's wrong with it, becuz its a good song?

*this is a totally different thread than the other 1*

Okka

Why didn't you just post this in the other thread you made about this song?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why didn't you just post this in the other thread you made about this song?

Becuz I wanna talk about how do things such a these play off for a white person like you Okker.  Becuz there's some (friendly spirited) bidding when it comes to Black People speaking of dead white people but it mostly doesn't have a punch to it. 

And things like these do. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JjzvrBGbxeI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JjzvrBGbxeI</a>
Do songs like these make u feel any kind-of way?

J. B A N A N A S

White people usually don't have the same sensitivity towards other cultures speaking on "ours" in the way that blacks do.

One reason being, "white" is so vague. Most whites have a cultural identity that has to do with their nationality or heritage. Italians and English and Russians and their American descendants have wildly varying cultures, so to reference "white" doesn't have the same recognition for people in the way that it would if you specifically said something about Italian Americans, or Irish Americans.

Second, if you want to lump all whites together, then we make up the majority of America and have historically run shit from top to bottom; finance, government, commerce, everything. So to be "at the top of the food chain" so to speak creates an emotional insulation to criticism from outsiders, as they are often times bitter outsiders and underclass in many whites eyes.

Third, a level of white guilt does exist for many "white" people. Our nation, which I pointed out above has been a white dominated one has systematically crushed a lot of other cultures, especially the natives and blacks. Criticism, if constructed well, can provoke thought and reflection to an open minded white person who is aware of America's history. Not all whites share this outlook, but many do thus you have college kids listening to Da Lench Mob and other material that shows aggravation towards white people, without getting all butthurt.

Do you feel or understand what I'm saying? Because this isn't meant in any way to be a swipe at other races, I'm intending this to be cards laid on a table, and I hope you can appreciate that and learn something about "us".

• Muthafuckin' Don!
so instead of answering the question you just decided to Troll? 

Y so sensitive? 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I don't need somebody who THINKS he can answer for all white people. 

Somebody sane and mature speak on it.  Not an attention whore

J. B A N A N A S

I don't need the attention like you do. You decided to get upset and chimp out because you didn't like what you read.

Since articulating yourself well isn't a strength, I'll keep it simple. No. No the song did not stir any emotions.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I honestly think it did.   not just with you but with a lot of white people.  otherwise you wouldn't have reacted the way you did #ignorant

it's written all over your face  :P
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:37:53 PM by _RadioTube_ aka Aquit My Homie Gucci Mane! »

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

I think the song sucks and is disrespectful of a dead person. The racial implications never entered my mind. You really shouldn't focus on race so much.

Fraxxx

Paul Walker is some guy I know nothing about but that he starred in that one stupid movie I've seen once, years ago. Oh, and that he died recently. That doesn't really qualify as 'one of mine'.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/g37HT4-EtzE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/g37HT4-EtzE</a>
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

bouli77

White people usually don't have the same sensitivity towards other cultures speaking on "ours" in the way that blacks do.

One reason being, "white" is so vague. Most whites have a cultural identity that has to do with their nationality or heritage. Italians and English and Russians and their American descendants have wildly varying cultures, so to reference "white" doesn't have the same recognition for people in the way that it would if you specifically said something about Italian Americans, or Irish Americans.

Second, if you want to lump all whites together, then we make up the majority of America and have historically run shit from top to bottom; finance, government, commerce, everything. So to be "at the top of the food chain" so to speak creates an emotional insulation to criticism from outsiders, as they are often times bitter outsiders and underclass in many whites eyes.

Third, a level of white guilt does exist for many "white" people. Our nation, which I pointed out above has been a white dominated one has systematically crushed a lot of other cultures, especially the natives and blacks. Criticism, if constructed well, can provoke thought and reflection to an open minded white person who is aware of America's history. Not all whites share this outlook, but many do thus you have college kids listening to Da Lench Mob and other material that shows aggravation towards white people, without getting all butthurt.

Do you feel or understand what I'm saying? Because this isn't meant in any way to be a swipe at other races, I'm intending this to be cards laid on a table, and I hope you can appreciate that and learn something about "us".

+1, that's a well-written response, pretty much sums up what I think. when Paul Walker died, I wasn't like "damn another brother gone" and I didn't like Paul Walker for his skin color. I don't root for peeps because of their skin colors, I'm somewhat of a chauvinist when it comes to my country, my origins, my city, etc. (shamefully so though lol) but not for my ethnicity. caucasians as a whole, especially in America or Europe were never in recent times racially oppressed (some faced somewhat difficulties i.e. Italians, Irish, etc. but that was a long time ago) nor were they the minority (they'll soon be though when the numbers of non-white latinos surpasses that of white) which are the main factors responsible for creating strong bonds and solidarity, so that sense of community doesn't exist. the white communities in america do not revolve about the skin color but the culture, religion and origin i.e. Irish, Italian-Americans, Polish, Russians, Jews (if we're talking about ashkenazis jews, mostly white).

so personally I didn't care about the song and I have no problem listening to tweedy bird loc's My Dick is Prejudice even though I don't condone the rationale behind the song.

J. B A N A N A S

+1, that's a well-written response, pretty much sums up what I think. when Paul Walker died, I wasn't like "damn another brother gone" and I didn't like Paul Walker for his skin color. I don't root for peeps because of their skin colors, I'm somewhat of a chauvinist when it comes to my country, my origins, my city, etc. (shamefully so though lol) but not for my ethnicity. caucasians as a whole, especially in America or Europe were never in recent times racially oppressed (some faced somewhat difficulties i.e. Italians, Irish, etc. but that was a long time ago) nor were they the minority (they'll soon be though when the numbers of non-white latinos surpasses that of white) which are the main factors responsible for creating strong bonds and solidarity, so that sense of community doesn't exist. the white communities in america do not revolve about the skin color but the culture, religion and origin i.e. Irish, Italian-Americans, Polish, Russians, Jews (if we're talking about ashkenazis jews, mostly white).

so personally I didn't care about the song and I have no problem listening to tweedy bird loc's My Dick is Prejudice even though I don't condone the rationale behind the song.

See Arthur. The only one being sensitive and attention seeking is you. Reread my statement, and really pay attention this time and try to remain objective. Okay champ?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
probably not.

unless they're on "Duck Dynasty"

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i believe it did strike a few nerves.  otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the response I did *kanye shrug*

as the saying goes.... "never let em see u sweat"

Matty

username is too long.