Author Topic: How can libertarianism survive the coming humanoid robot era?  (Read 638 times)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
How can libertarianism survive the coming humanoid robot era?
« on: December 22, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »

I see a lot of people extolling the virtues of libertarianism and in some respects I agree with them and would agree with a lot more were it not the realities of what we live under and what is shortly coming around.
However I just simply want to read what others thoughts are on in this so fire away

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: How can libertarianism survive the coming humanoid robot era?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 02:09:47 PM »
"shortly coming around".  The impending doom is always right a round the corner for you.  I beg you to put a time limit on it.  Even a 5 year time limit I would like to see you put on something because you would likely be proven false.

And your question is so vague I have no idea what you are saying or asking.  I would be happy to speak on Libertarianism as a I am a full-fledged Libertarian, but I have no idea what your question was or what you were saying.

Not dissing you man, just want to discuss.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »

Humanoid robotics is now becoming a buzzword, moreover, robotics and automation are now casually talked about in the mainstream media.

If you would like I can post up the links, but proponents of robotics and technology professors consider that within a timespan of 10-15 years it could well replace more than 30% of the work force.

I am actually being conservative with that number because the prediction is for a much greater number than that to be replaced.

Therefore since one of the main stands made by libertarians is for there to be no welfare. how can people survive if there is not the demand for human labour?

Furthermore, there are proponents of technology and again I can give you links to this, who salivate at the possibility of the point of singularity. I have no idea if that is possible, but supposing it is, that means that even the really highly skilled jobs can be replaced by robotics.

We are already seeing it in fact, productivity is rising whilst jobless numbers have been rising steadily.

How can libertarian virtues address something which will accelerate in smashing the middle class? Again, I can provide you links to seminars and presentations in which this is being openly discussed.

J. B A N A N A S

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 02:30:17 AM »
Okay Virt, now I get were your coming from...

Maybe we should all go back to being hunter-gatherers and we could all have jobs gathering up firewood in the winter time?   I can get you full employment if that's what your looking for.  But an intelligent man looks at standard of living and not "jobs" as an economic indicator.

You are no different than the folks who railed against the printing press because it would take away jobs from the writers and scribes.  Or against the cotton gin because farm hands would lose jobs. 

That's because you focus on one aspect of the economy and fail to see how multifaceted and robust the economy truly is.  You don't take into account the unseen factors.

All this technological advances increase capital and productivity.  The economy thrives off of this.  The economy is not simply a pie where the rich get the big piece of the pie.. the rich actually bake new pies everyday that people eat off of. 

Technological advances means products are produced more efficiently and with less overhead expenses.  The savings are then passed on to the customer.  When consumers have a larger portion of disposable income they then have the ability to spend that saved money on items that add meaning to their lives such as the entertainment industry or service industries.  This is why America has advanced from a manufacturing economy to a service economy and then to an information economy.

While jobs are lost in manufacturing they are gained in IT.  Like today people can buy and sell on EBay for a living.  Or work at amazon employing thousands.   Or a job in a service industry such as nail salon or massoose don't exist in manufacturing nations except in tourist areas.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 03:37:02 AM »
Your focus is way too narrow here.
Look at a company like google and the relatively small number of employees they have.
Look at IT again and you will find that cloud based technology is usurping hard drives.
As for the service sector you speak about, robotics can increasingly take over many roles within this field.
Telemarketing can become likewise.
Construction can certainly go that way too if it is not already.
A mechanised army is clearly becoming an intention of the powers. If you want an example of that then look at DARPA funding "rescue humanoid robots" or autonomous drones.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 10:14:32 AM »
"shortly coming around".  The impending doom is always right a round the corner for you.  I beg you to put a time limit on it.  Even a 5 year time limit I would like to see you put on something because you would likely be proven false.

And your question is so vague I have no idea what you are saying or asking.  I would be happy to speak on Libertarianism as a I am a full-fledged Libertarian, but I have no idea what your question was or what you were saying.

Not dissing you man, just want to discuss.

You are always so hung up on short time frames, and of it doesn't happen within your allowed time frame, then it is wrong.

This is an agenda in place for 1000's of years. Bit by bit, precept by precept. If you do not see the big picture being painted then you're not paying attention.

If you don't see how astonishingly different the US is in a post 9/11 world, I don't know what to tell you. That was over 10 years ago.

Transhumanism is undoubtedly underway.

I recommend googling Ray Kurzweil and transhumanism.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 03:28:20 PM »
its so obvious infant is just regurgitating some idiot's opinion that he read somewhere

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
I just wanna know when do I get to fuck one of these robots?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 12:45:05 PM »

Sorry Sikotic, but the bad news is you won't be fucking them, they will be fucking you, in any way they choose to, if, Ray Kurzwell's wet dream becomes the nightmare reality.

MistaNova

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 02:07:24 PM »
Transhumanism is undoubtedly underway.

Definitely. Interestingly enough it's not as talked about or noticed in the US but it's pretty blatant in Japan.

And no, this is not one of the wierd cartoons that Krazy obsesses over (it could be inspired by that shit though). This is an actual cover for a magazine/journal that the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence publishes.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 11:27:06 PM by Iveus »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 02:12:45 PM »

For anyone who doesn't already understand the sick agenda here it is....http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2048299,00.html

Presented by none other than good ol Time Magazine.

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 09:56:01 PM »

Sorry Sikotic, but the bad news is you won't be fucking them, they will be fucking you, in any way they choose to, if, Ray Kurzwell's wet dream becomes the nightmare reality.
Beggars can't be choosers.

I got a feelimg Ray Kurzwell would love to watch too.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE