Author Topic: I'm just going to forget 2013 and erase it from my memory....  (Read 4218 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: I'm just going to forget 2013 and erase it from my memory....
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 08:49:57 AM »

Exactly. Adverse events are part of what make us who we are. You can try to erase the past all you want, but it will always be part of you.

Actually it's pretty simple.  The mind can only contain so much information.  If your theory was true I wouldn't of failed so many classes in school and I would still remember my formulas from Freshman year Algebra.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 08:51:45 AM »
How can you describe light, when you don't know darkness.
How do you describe joy, when you don't know sadness.

How do you recognize happiness when you don't know dissatisfaction?

Learn from your experience.

I'm 30.  I've had enough "dark" experiences.   You have to have balance of "light" and "dark".   So if it's dark for two years before I get to the light, it's better I just go ahead and forget one of those years so everything can equal out again.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 08:52:36 AM »
Maybe you're just too '96 for '13.

So which is it?  Am I supposed to remember the past or forget it.  I get confused by you illiterates.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 08:54:39 AM »
typical, always running away from your problems

That's the basic formula for life.  To maximize happiness and limit pain.   Focusing on problems just makes them bigger. 

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 08:57:41 AM »
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO ERASE A MEMORY...IT'S SOMETHING THATLL BE IN EXISTENCE FOREVER. IT'S SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED AND THAT U CAN NEVER CHANGE.

It's pretty easy homie..  I had an x-girlfriend in high-school I couldn't get over and it took me 4 years to do that.  But once I figured out how to get over her, I could get over almost anything thereafter; as long as it's not staring me in the face. 

Also, I've carefully documented my whole life through music.  I just modify my playlists and memories are either enhanced or mitigated. 

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 08:59:16 AM »
Pretending like things didn't happen or exist is living in candy land. Learn from your mistakes. Confront yourself on what you could have done differently. Also look at the positives too.

You could be the best salesman in the world but if the customer has already determined that they are going to tell you "NO", no amount of learning from experience will help.  If your boss insists you try to sell to them, then you just knock on their door, they say no, you forget about it.. pick up your hourly wage and move on.

That's an analogy of the situation bro...

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 12:25:27 PM »
Pretending like things didn't happen or exist is living in candy land. Learn from your mistakes. Confront yourself on what you could have done differently. Also look at the positives too.

You could be the best salesman in the world but if the customer has already determined that they are going to tell you "NO", no amount of learning from experience will help.  If your boss insists you try to sell to them, then you just knock on their door, they say no, you forget about it.. pick up your hourly wage and move on.

That's an analogy of the situation bro...

I'm not really getting your analogy.

Life is intended to be difficult. It's not supposed to be easy. You gotta prove what you're made of. Everybody struggles albeit in different manifestations. You are not unique in your struggle.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »
Don't forget you past, learn from it.

I'm 30 years old.   I've already learned enough in my life.  There is such thing as "OVER-LEARNING".  

I'll give you three good examples...

Example #1:  Imagine that I am a salesman about to knock on somebody's door.  The person on the other side of the door has already decided that they are absolutely NOT going to sell to me.  My boss has already decided for me what houses I have to sell to.  So I have to knock on his door anyway.  I knock on his door, try to sell him the item and he says no.  THERE IS NOTHING TO BE LEARNED FROM SUCH EXPERIENCE.   No need to analyze it.  Our time is limited in this life, and YOU SHOULD NOT OVER-ANALYZE THINGS THAT ARE ULTIMATELY OUT OF YOUR CONTROL.  Better to save the brain space for more useful ventures.

Example #2:  When Jerry Tarkanian was the coach of the UNLV Running Rebels in their prime, he used to often cut off practice after JUST 30 MINUTES!  Why?  No need to overload the players with excess information and work.  They went at it so hard for 30 minutes, he felt the value of their 30 minute practice was better than most teams 3 hours of practice.  Also a lot of baseball players, hitters, don't like too much information from the batting coach.  They say it slows their reaction time.  They would rather go to the plate with a clear head and just react to the ball.

Example #3:  This comes from a Zen proverb.  Two monks who had sworn themselves to a life of celibacy and isolation from women were walking down a path.  There was a stream in the middle of the path and a woman with a fancy dress who could not cross without damaging her clothes.  So one monk lifted her up in his arms and carried her across.  The monks continued walking, when a couple hours later the other monk commented... "I can't believe you carried that woman."   The monk replied, "I carried her for just a moment, you are still holding onto her hours later".   MORAL OF THE STORY IS TO KEEP AN EMPTY MIND AND NOT CARRY EXCESS STRESS.

The funny thing about this is if I was making another nostalgic post about one of my favorite past memories everybody would of posted saying... "MOVE ON INFANT!  FORGET IT!  YOUR STUCK IN THE PAST!"  lol
seriously? and you call yourself a muslim?

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 01:18:49 PM »
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO ERASE A MEMORY...IT'S SOMETHING THATLL BE IN EXISTENCE FOREVER. IT'S SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED AND THAT U CAN NEVER CHANGE.

It's pretty easy homie..  I had an x-girlfriend in high-school I couldn't get over and it took me 4 years to do that.  But once I figured out how to get over her, I could get over almost anything thereafter; as long as it's not staring me in the face. 

Also, I've carefully documented my whole life through music.  I just modify my playlists and memories are either enhanced or mitigated. 

no doubt, but at the end of the day, it still happened. it's something that took place and the universe reacted. etched in history. it's forever, g. u can never erase it, no matter how hard you try.

not dwelling on it is another story, tho.......

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »
Fuck it folks.  Your doing alright.  I think you seem to look at others and their situations instead of realizing the positives in your life.  Don't compare your life to other peoples highlight reels.  Keep your head up.

Remedy360

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »

Exactly. Adverse events are part of what make us who we are. You can try to erase the past all you want, but it will always be part of you.

Actually it's pretty simple.  The mind can only contain so much information.  If your theory was true I wouldn't of failed so many classes in school and I would still remember my formulas from Freshman year Algebra.

I don't think you're understanding the point I'm trying to make. I'm not talking about high school classes, I'm talking about genunienly trying situations that you claim to have gone through. All I'm saying is that you can learn a lot from situations that push you to the brink. Like dude above me was saying, life isn't supposed to be easy and really sucks at times, but that doesn't mean there isn't a lot you can learn from those difficult situations to make yourself better moving forward.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 05:07:19 PM »

I'm not really getting your analogy.

Life is intended to be difficult. It's not supposed to be easy. You gotta prove what you're made of. Everybody struggles albeit in different manifestations. You are not unique in your struggle.

No, I am unique.  Have you ever seen anyone with the same fingerprints as me?  I am a first in the world...

...And life doesn't have to be difficult.  Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad.  Some people have lives that aren't difficult.  Don't make statements as if they are universal truths.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone.  What difference does it make if everyone struggles?  What are you implying by the comment that "everyone struggles"?  Are you implying that I shouldn't "complain" and that I should just live in denial or burry it deep inside, or accept it self-effacingly, or be hardened by it? 

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 05:15:24 PM »
seriously? and you call yourself a muslim?

What do you have against me bro?  For real...only posting to clown me or talk shit on me, as if I've ever done something to you.  I had considered you a friend and brother in Islam, not to mention I have history with your family and know you in real life.   What do you have against me?  You make like one post every month and it's just to say some shit about me.  And you call yourself a Muslim?

...You took one sentence out of my whole statement and took it out of context.  Point is, I don't need to re-learn the same lessons over and over again.  That's over-learning.  Once I get in a new situation with new circumstances and can spread my wings a bit again, then I will be happy to learn again.  I'm not learning anything being in Kansas City.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:17:56 PM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Mekkan Refugee »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »

no doubt, but at the end of the day, it still happened. it's something that took place and the universe reacted. etched in history. it's forever, g. u can never erase it, no matter how hard you try.

not dwelling on it is another story, tho.......

Sure.. I can't erase it from the universe and shit like that.. but I can erase it from my own memory and my own aura.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »
Fuck it folks.  Your doing alright.  I think you seem to look at others and their situations instead of realizing the positives in your life.  Don't compare your life to other peoples highlight reels.  Keep your head up.

thanks, but what does that have to do with what we are talking about?