Author Topic: Australia just too good  (Read 513 times)

KrazySumwhat

Australia just too good
« on: January 19, 2014, 07:12:37 AM »
 Well, for England at least :P
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UkE2GxueEXc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UkE2GxueEXc</a>

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Australia just too good
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:56:54 PM »
on a side note, im not a fan of australian beef.

well i never had australian beef served in australia, mainly asian countries (which subsitute american beef or kobe beef steaks with australian)

its never great.

American/American Wagyu (Kobe/ Japenese Wagyu all the way son

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 11:31:03 PM »
I don't know why I opened this expecting underage asian girls...

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 05:34:30 PM »
 Cant tell you mate. As far as i know the best Aussie beef gets exported to places like American and japan so that is a little surprising. But to be honest i couldnt really give a shit. I eat plenty of good steaks here so iam happy.

And lol yeah man whats up with that? why would you think that for?

There you go ;)

On a side note, its Australia day today! Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

Dunno if cbf goin to tha beach but BBQ for sure and beer for sure!
 OPh and England Actually did beat us the other day. Bout time though they lost the test matches 5-0 and its 3-1 in the ODi's Australia's way so far.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 04:38:52 AM »
Cant tell you mate. As far as i know the best Aussie beef gets exported to places like American and japan so that is a little surprising. But to be honest i couldnt really give a shit. I eat plenty of good steaks here so iam happy.

And lol yeah man whats up with that? why would you think that for?

There you go ;)

On a side note, its Australia day today! Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

Dunno if cbf goin to tha beach but BBQ for sure and beer for sure!
 OPh and England Actually did beat us the other day. Bout time though they lost the test matches 5-0 and its 3-1 in the ODi's Australia's way so far.

aussie beef is always chewy, I'm sure theres good quality ones.

but exported to america? i really dont think so, I've been to plenty of steak houses, low end, mid end, high end. i've never seen aussie beef, why would they? it doesnt make sense, why import something we have plenty of, and especially that isn't of equal quality of american meat.

and as for japan, if they do import aussie beef, its for low end/ mid end restaurants, because of the fact that in countries like japan and korea, people can't afford korean and japanese beef on the daily basis, because there isn't an abundance of domestic cattle.

the only time i eat aussie beef is in countries like china and india, and yeah they are all pretty much higher end restaurants ( especially in india it)

and its crap. i mean its do able. but its just crap dude. its just way to chewy. but I'm sure theres some aussie steaks that are done right. and it isn't the way they cook it, its the meat.

the only reason i mentioned it, was because that day i ate an aussie steak in china (american steak is much more expensive than aussie steaks, only places like ruth kris, and lawrys in china would have it, and india there is no such thing is american steak because its not reasonable for them to sustain an inventory because its too expensive)  and yeah i was just chewy, i just don tike aussie beef, and i saw the other steaks as well, other people got rib eye, some filet mignon, the filet mignon seemed ok, but all the other cuts looked very very chewy, chewy as mine.

oh and just because its in china doesnt mean they didnt know how to cook it, it was in shintieng or whatever where a lot of foreigners are in the center of shanghai, and it was a european owned restaurant (theres many of those) and they do know how to cook it correctly, the meat quality just isn't there.

or maybe i just love to debate and argue. i have yet to eat an aussie steak that was good.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 06:16:31 AM »
 eh i dunno. i know that we export our fruit and seafood also. Japan love da sea foods. Ive heard that in America food is horrible, but more like shit bacon and powdered eggs(what the fuck is powdered eggs??) and that everything is coasted in thick sauces n shit.
 But cant say as i haven't been and iam sure everywhere in the world has good and bad places to eat and good and bad steaks.

I like my steak medium rare so if its cooked that way its never chewy. I cook em like that myself and have em like that when i go out and i don't encounter any chewy steak here in Australia. Only chewy if over cooked or WAY under cooked.

Had pork on the barbie today. Fuck it was nice.

Oh and Australia beat England again in the cricket today. Ha ha shit cunts. took the series 4-1. Horrible tour for England. But in their defense a couple of the games very nearly went England's way so the ODI's were a good contest. Next up three 20 20's then South Africa here we come.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 06:51:18 AM »
eh i dunno. i know that we export our fruit and seafood also. Japan love da sea foods. Ive heard that in America food is horrible, but more like shit bacon and powdered eggs(what the fuck is powdered eggs??) and that everything is coasted in thick sauces n shit.
 But cant say as i haven't been and iam sure everywhere in the world has good and bad places to eat and good and bad steaks.

I like my steak medium rare so if its cooked that way its never chewy. I cook em like that myself and have em like that when i go out and i don't encounter any chewy steak here in Australia. Only chewy if over cooked or WAY under cooked.

Had pork on the barbie today. Fuck it was nice.

Oh and Australia beat England again in the cricket today. Ha ha shit cunts. took the series 4-1. Horrible tour for England. But in their defense a couple of the games very nearly went England's way so the ODI's were a good contest. Next up three 20 20's then South Africa here we come.

powdered eggs? thats like homeless shelter food. i never eaten it or head about it till now.

lol... you heard food in america is horrible?  thats so absurd, I've been to plenty of countries, canada, mexico, japan, korea, china, india, england, france, italy.

America, is one of the best places for food, you can basically find authentic everything here, french, indonesian, indian, korean, chinese, japenese, italian, mexican, brazilian, argentinian, middle eastern/greek,  and with so much diverse foods, theres TONS and TONS of fusion foods and restaurants.

and the list goes on and on, oh yeah and american food as well, burgers, southern BBQ, cajun, fried chicken, seafood, etc etc.

I've been to other countries, and none have the diversity and the quality as in america. in paris for example they have great french food, but they lack authentic stuff of anything else. I eat korean food basically everywhere i go since I'm korean, everywhere probably besides china and japan, their korean food is kind of shitty.

in US the korean food is on point. as if you were in korea yourself (as another example)

I'm sure they have one or two or couple authentic tasting and good quality restaurants of other ethnicities and cultures but in America its so easy to find. i mean given that you live in Los Angeles, or New York.

When I'm in LA i can get Gourmet Burgers or High end Sushi, Japenese wagyu Steak, Pho, japanese or korean ramen, american BBQ, korean BBQ and traditional dishes, buffalo wild wings (a lot of different flavored wings), brazilian BBQ, argentinian steak or chicken with chimmichurri sauce. its literally endless.

there just so much, and I've made threads before about foods in LA, and thats JUST LA, NYC, and Vegas are also top places for foods. honestly these places are probably the best in the world. and shit i've been to london, paris, shanghai, seoul, tokyo, vancouver, cancun, TJ, florence, milan, rome, chennai, new dheli. so there is merit to my statements.

of course you LA, NYC, Vegas can't beat french food from paris, same goes for all the others countries as well, but the taste, quality, and authenticity is very similar and very close to the dishes from the original country itself.

pizza in italy was the best i ate in my life, but theres plenty of places in LA, NYC, and vegas (other cities as well) that can provide the same traditional italian thin crust pizza. (no I'm not talking about that pizza hut or dominos shit)

in NYC most italian places serve the noodles aldante just like they would serve in italy.

one thing i never ate in the states that i ate else where is cold froie gras (as froie gras is banned everywhere except Vegas, but restaurants at times find loop holes from time to time) i only ate hot froie gras in Vegas, and it was delicious as well.

i dont know who told you that, but its pretty obvious that person never been to the US.

and this is coming from a foodie, i love cheap food to expensive food, raw to cooked, sautéed to pan fried, to grilled.

if you ever come to LA (i know couple places in NYC but its not my home so i dont know many) or go to vegas i can suggest a gang of restaurants you can go to. and id be happy to

whether you're going to endulge  on extremely expensive cuisine or if you're on a budget friendly trip.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 06:58:37 AM »
 Actually i heard that from people that have been to the US. But maybe they just ate at shit places?
 I would imagine Australia and America and England even to all be VERY similar, food wise.
 Australia is extremely multi cultural. Much like England and i imagine America.
 Australia is actually in Asia really so there's no shortage of Asian people and Asian food. No shortage of Europeans here in OZ.
 Now there's heaps of arabs and Africans an shit too. Indians taking over.
 So the food here really is fucking amazing. I thought it had world wide reputation but maybe not lol?

Maybe one day I'll go to American but more interested in Asia. Even though Australia is really Australasia. lol.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 07:26:18 AM »
Actually i heard that from people that have been to the US. But maybe they just ate at shit places?
 I would imagine Australia and America and England even to all be VERY similar, food wise.
 Australia is extremely multi cultural. Much like England and i imagine America.
 Australia is actually in Asia really so there's no shortage of Asian people and Asian food. No shortage of Europeans here in OZ.
 Now there's heaps of arabs and Africans an shit too. Indians taking over.
 So the food here really is fucking amazing. I thought it had world wide reputation but maybe not lol?

Maybe one day I'll go to American but more interested in Asia. Even though Australia is really Australasia. lol.

lol i wonder where in the US they went. Because even if you go to chain restaurants or fast food (which i hardly go to anymore) its not bad, and some are delicious. like free birds, chipotle, buffalo wild wings, etc etc.

i dont know about australia, but England has a lot of white people, they have tons of indians, but still dominantly white, in the bigger cities in the US (i mean who the hell lives in cities like kansas city? so I'm basically implying to LA, NYC, where emost people go to when they visit) its a lot more diverse than england.

england isn't  a quarter as diverse as america.

and i ate korean and chinese ( chinese food is probably the one i like the least, and I'm not talking about American chinese like kung pao chicken, orange chicken and shit, I'm talking about that real shit) it just wasn't good.

and hell i aint eating no mexican or any spanish (not talking about spain) in london, paris, india, or china.

the thing about the US is that you can find authentic dishes of every culture and its in abundance.

i never been to australia, but i never heard that they had a reputation for good food. i would love to visit there though, the only experiences i had with anything from australia was australian beef, and none of them were pleasant experiences.

Fraxxx

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »
I don't know why I opened this expecting underage asian girls...

I know why you expected underage asian girls, but why did you open it then? ;)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

bouli77

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 02:41:14 PM »
it seems pretty logical that the US has the most diversity in food and the widest range of choice, just like in everything else, it's the first world power and its attraction level remains untouched, there's constant immigration there and not only from the poor layers of foreign countries but also from the elite, they're constantly brain draining the rest of the world. also, america is known for their entrepreunarial spirit and as the land of opportunity (even if it seems to shrink, it's still there), so immigrants there are most likely to start businesses that say, in france, where things are at a stall and where it's difficult as hell to open your business (lots of money upfront needed, difficulties to get a loan, prohibitive taxes), these factors foster excellence

america is the elite in most fields. that being said, it doesn't mean that the general, average quality of the food there is top notch. they might have top notch food available in all shapes and sizes, but we're talking about restaurants here. if we're talking about everyday food availables in supermarket etc. they have the less restrictive policies of the industrialized world, with everything that comes with it : GMO, High fructose corn fed syrup, etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345564/Shocking-list-US-foods-BANNED-countries-containing-dangerous-chemicals.html

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/why-is-america-one-of-the-only-industrialized-nations-with-no-gmo-labeling.htm

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2013/01/01/how-corn-syrup-might-be-making-us-hungry-and-fat/

on a side note, i'm french and I hate foie gras even though I have family who make it, then again i'm not much of a foodie and i'm hard to please, it seems my tastes were formated at an early age and it's pretty difficult for me to snap out of it

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »
 All i can say is that in Australia there are Indian and Afghan and Italian and Greek and Asian food places everywhere. Pubs everywhere, etc.
 Prolly much like America.

I think i more just heard that alot of American food was really greasy and fatty and covered in sauce and that certain things were horrible. It prolly wasn't that all food was bad there. I most remember being told the bacon was horrible.
 Of course i would imagine America to have top class pubs and restaurants and the like.
 Actual white Aussies and Aborigines dont have a reputation for good food, but its just the immigration really. My city is rather small and it really is amazing how much good food from all different cultures there is in a small radius.

I think Australian wine is more famous than say Vegemite? lol

I

Fraxxx

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 09:45:17 AM »
it seems pretty logical that the US has the most diversity in food and the widest range of choice, just like in everything else, it's the first world power and its attraction level remains untouched, there's constant immigration there and not only from the poor layers of foreign countries but also from the elite, they're constantly brain draining the rest of the world. also, america is known for their entrepreunarial spirit and as the land of opportunity (even if it seems to shrink, it's still there), so immigrants there are most likely to start businesses that say, in france, where things are at a stall and where it's difficult as hell to open your business (lots of money upfront needed, difficulties to get a loan, prohibitive taxes), these factors foster excellence

america is the elite in most fields. that being said, it doesn't mean that the general, average quality of the food there is top notch. they might have top notch food available in all shapes and sizes, but we're talking about restaurants here. if we're talking about everyday food availables in supermarket etc. they have the less restrictive policies of the industrialized world, with everything that comes with it : GMO, High fructose corn fed syrup, etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345564/Shocking-list-US-foods-BANNED-countries-containing-dangerous-chemicals.html

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/why-is-america-one-of-the-only-industrialized-nations-with-no-gmo-labeling.htm

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2013/01/01/how-corn-syrup-might-be-making-us-hungry-and-fat/

on a side note, i'm french and I hate foie gras even though I have family who make it, then again i'm not much of a foodie and i'm hard to please, it seems my tastes were formated at an early age and it's pretty difficult for me to snap out of it

On point. Same with universities, medical treatment etc. Their best are the very best, their average is well below European average.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 11:02:14 PM »
Aus meat tastes abit funny....could it be coz the cows are grain fed?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 01:31:55 AM »

dude you dont like foie gras?

O_O

haha its probably because its so hard to get out here and its considered a bit of a luxury, it was much cheaper in france (although, euros and pounds isn't exchange friendly with US dollars)

30 bucks in vegas for hot foie gras for something smaller than the palm of my hand (and my palm aint big)

but i love it, and vegas is the only place where it is completely legal, although in SF, LA, NYC they have work arounds and sometimes serve it (never had it there, too expensive)

in vegas they use it on burgers and steaks as a topping, but i love it by it self, with some bread or crackers. and that jelly shit.

just melts in my mouth son.