Author Topic: Anti-War/Peace protests  (Read 207 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Anti-War/Peace protests
« on: March 20, 2003, 09:03:44 PM »
They had some footage of some anti-war protests around the world today on the news and it's funny because everybody is holding "Peace" signs, but yet they are acting violently and tearin' shit up...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Anti-War/Peace protests
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 09:47:22 PM »
40% of the protestors i'll respect because they have a ligitimite reason and intellegent reason for no war...but the other 60% are tree huggin idiots who are just doing it because it's the hip thing to do or(if you live in the USA especially) arethose anarchist punk rock kids who would rebel against the government no matter what. Half ofthem are wearing those jackets with Misfits and other deathpunk bands like that......makes them look like hypocrits

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Kaidy

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 06:34:46 AM »
yea my respect goes to the anti-war protestors. I'm glad they tearing shit up, obviously nobody listens to peaceful protests. Especially here in Rainland, we had 2 million people on the streets a few weeks ago and they were completely ignored by Big Tone and those with a 'moral need' to kill people.

hope we get some riots or some shit, organized ones too. that'd be the shit

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2003, 11:09:26 AM »
^^ So, let me follow your logic.  Nobody listens to peaceful protests, so peace doesn't work, right? LOL

O.K., then why should we be peaceful with Saadam Hussein?  Explain that.  You're a hypocrite.  

Kaidy

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 11:29:30 AM »
I knew someone would come back with that Trauma, but its actually not hypocritical at all. Those people are protesting against a government that it feels doesn't listen to them. Everyone gets angry if people that are supposed to represent and help them dont listen to them.

The war is: countries sticking its nose and money into shit that shouldnt concern it, unless anyone really believes they're out to help the Iraqi people (who have been suffering under this regime for over a decade). I cant speak on other countries as well, but i know England has a GRIP of internal problems that should be solved before looking to help people elsewhere, and I know the US is far from perfect itself.

Point is, we have an international policing authority called the UN. If that agrees to war, then perhaps war is necessary. This time it didn't. something is wrong

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2003, 11:39:53 AM »
^^ They DID agree to go to war.  They just didn't do it! So we did.  Surely you know this, but here's another breakdown.

In the early 90's, a resolution was passed through the U.N., to wage war on Iraq.  We did.  

Later, a resolution was passed, saying that there would be a cease fire, and iraq had to do this, this, and this.

Iraq didn't do this, this, OR this, and 12 years passed.

ANOTHER resolution, finding Iraq NOT in compliance with the cease fire, and giving a deadline for compliance, or face consequences.

Deadline passed, U.N. did nothing, several members of U.N. said they would veto any action AGAINST Iraq.

Find 1 hole in that, anywhere.  ANYWHERE.  It's friekin' BLACK AND WHITE.  I view this as a fragment of the U.N. doing what the U.N. already said they were going to do, and just never did because of politics.  

Kaidy

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2003, 12:03:07 PM »
No, there had to be a second resolution in the UN right? Clearly, war was not agreed to across the board (thats not even including the countires who are only anti-war for their own benefit). Then to add to that, Bush pulled the trigger earlier than promised. I know that's good tactics, but it's illegal.

If the US just wants to get rid of Hussein and his regime, why not fund an internal guerrilla organization to do it like they have done countless times in South America and other places.
Or, if they want to find all these mystery WMDs, why not send military assistance to the UN inspectors who were in there earlier this year. It doesn't require all these troops and weaponry.

Its just so obvious to me they want something out of this war, I don't get why they want to get their hands so dirty for such a small country. thats my opinion anyway, its not like it counts for shit.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2003, 01:21:16 PM »
So when are we supposed to act?  When the gun is pointed, or when it's shot?   Do unto your enemies BEFORE they do unto you.  If Saddam is allowed a few more years to build up more chemical and biological weapons you can bet that everybody would be saying, "I wish we would have went to war years ago to prevent this.  Now it's too late".

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2003, 02:02:09 PM »
If the US just wants to get rid of Hussein and his regime, why not fund an internal guerrilla organization to do it like they have done countless times in South America and other places.

Because people like you would just say that the USA should stay out of others problems. Then if something like this  happens again, you would use it in your argument saying: This would have never happened if the United states didn't fund those Guerrilla's back in the day.

Kaidy

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2003, 02:07:50 PM »
yea i dont think they should fund guerrillas. but out of that option or all out war i know what's a better option. But you're right, i think the US should stay out of other peoples business, they should have never changed the Monroe Doctrine.

TheSheriff

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2003, 02:19:29 PM »
yea i dont think they should fund guerrillas. but out of that option or all out war i know what's a better option. But you're right, i think the US should stay out of other peoples business, they should have never changed the Monroe Doctrine.

Happily, FDR didn't agree.

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2003, 02:19:32 PM »

So you think Saddam should be removed, but you won't support a War to do it nor will you support funding Guerrillas either? How do you think that he should be removed?

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2003, 02:20:36 PM »
40% of the protestors i'll respect because they have a ligitimite reason and intellegent reason for no war...but the other 60% are tree huggin idiots who are just doing it because it's the hip thing to do or(if you live in the USA especially) arethose anarchist punk rock kids who would rebel against the government no matter what. Half ofthem are wearing those jackets with Misfits and other deathpunk bands like that......makes them look like hypocrits

Typical anit-war lines:

1. Anything that sheds the war in a positive light, from Iraqis welcoming troops, to scientific polls (the same polls that have shown lesser support for the war in previous months, btw) showing that 7/10 Americans currently support the war, is propaganda.

2. Anyone who is for the war is apathetic and/or uneducated.

3. Our anti-war stance has nothing to do with our deep hatred of Bush and anything Republican.

4. The protests are not organized by rich organizations backed by political agendas that have absolutely NOTHING to do with Iraq, such as the furtherance of the Communist cause.

5. The protests are purely a grass-roots movement; nevermind that they can cost as much as $200,000 EACH for equipment, toilets, food, water, etc.

6. Barbra Streisand, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Julia Roberts, Sean Penn, Mike Farrell and Janeane Garofelo never completed anything beyond high school graduation, but they know more about geopolicital strategy and diplomacy than Bush's Yale, Harvard, Princeton and Notre Dame educated cabinet.

7. It is because of these views and because of violence and stupidity excercised by many of our fellow protestors that the anti-war "movement" in this country was DOA and most Americans consider us batshiat crazy cowards with too much time on our hands.

Kaidy

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2003, 02:28:10 PM »
So you think Saddam should be removed, but you won't support a War to do it nor will you support funding Guerrillas either? How do you think that he should be removed?

An uprising of the people of Iraq to revolt against the dominating regime and seize power and a new democratic government. Perhaps with some support from sympathetic neighbors.

I just think the US and UK going in brings up too many x-factors and repurcussions. The obvious being that it's very likely this war will spark new 'terrorist' attacks on the innocent people of our respective countries.

EDIT: Engel you know I could make a very comprehensive list detailing the opinions of the war-mongers, but I won't. All I will say about yours is HOW THE FUCK do you relate Communism to Iraq. OMG dude thats really reaching, I suggest you read a little Karl Marx for a start.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2003, 02:31:53 PM by Kaidy »