Author Topic: Reggie Wright interviews discussion thread  (Read 318 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Reggie Wright interviews discussion thread
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:19:31 PM »
I have to say the interviews were pretty revealing.  I can't put up a link because unfotunately they are all spread out and I had to listen to a lot of different clips, but it seems like Bomb 1rst did all of them.  Here is some of the new info I found very interesting...

1.  He mentions that Kurupt had done something with someone underage so they didn't want to be a part of that and sent him to be with his momma.  Unfortunately it then cut off so I didn't really get the whole story.  I'm left to assume that he fucked an underage girl, R. Kelly style or somethin, and they sent him to his mom and kurpt ended up startin ANTRA and doing his first solo out East.

2.  At first I thought he was disrespected Daz as a solo artist, but then he did say he felt Daz put together a really good album with RRGB, and that its one of the projects he wished could of gotten promoted better and deserved more success.  So I thought that was cool.  But then on the other hand he said Daz and Suge had it out because Daz loved to do videos and was always the first and last one at a video shoot and wanted more videos for the album but suge shut him down sayin he was a producer or something like that so it was a little contradicting...

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Reggie Wright interviews discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:23:21 PM »
3.  Reggies says suges brother in law first took over but by summer of 97 reggie was running the day to day, so I don't know why they didn't ask him about what went wrong with snoop and why snoop left the label.  They touched on daz and kurupt, but not snoop for some reason.

4.  Interesting that he says all the artist could visit and talk to suge in jail and snoop claims in reincarnation that he couldn't visit suge, but reggie said all of them visited except snoop, and he even clowns danny boy sayin danny boy was his bitch and there everyday, lol.  But anyway, this is kind of different because before we were lead to believe suge wasn't allowed to do any business from jail but reggie makes it sound like he could easily be approached by snoop and others.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 10:29:10 PM »
Ge (Sorry, my cell is actin up so I'm havin to make multiple posts)

5.  I have more respect for reggie now, because he was actually saying he did a lot to keep the company affloat.   The company was still surviving and makin money all the time suge was in jail.   Then he says suge took it over after jail and that he didn't want to go to court or somethin and pissed a judge off and it ultimately lead to them having to shut down in 2005.  He even dissed suge and said suge didn't like to read or write so he was avoidin going to court.  Kind of hard to believe a million dollar ceo couldn't read or write, remember suge went to college.. but anyway, that's what reggie said.

6.  Also, Reggie defends suge in some instances.  A lot of people talkin bullshit on suge sayin he ripped Pac off.  Reggie was made a lot of great points about that sayin pac was broke when he went to prison and pacs wife reached out to suge and suge immediately gave pac 15 Gs on his books and immediately after leaving prison pac would have 5 g's in his pocket every day and he said any other label that is unheard of because an artist would have to wait months and months to get money off royalties.

So much good info from these interviews, ill post some more later

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 10:32:19 PM »
7.. ohh, another interesting not from the interview.  He kind of belittles Johnny J saying his job was just to have tracks ready for pac but that he wasn't really a producer.  He was just there to have tracks ready so pac could work on his stuff and later someone else could finish it.  The interviewer tried to suggest that DJ Quiik finished a lot of those johnny j tracks on all eyez on me but reggies response to that was strange saying that really Dre was the best at mixing but that Dre wasn't around and that Quik was good but Dre was better.  So he didn't really answer the question and confirm that Quik was handling a lot of the mixing for all eyez on me and other albums.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 03:04:23 AM »
4.  Interesting that he says all the artist could visit and talk to suge in jail and snoop claims in reincarnation that he couldn't visit suge, but reggie said all of them visited except snoop, and he even clowns danny boy sayin danny boy was his bitch and there everyday, lol.  But anyway, this is kind of different because before we were lead to believe suge wasn't allowed to do any business from jail but reggie makes it sound like he could easily be approached by snoop and others.
Being allowed to have visitors easily does not necessarily mean it would have been easy for him to do business. He would still need for the people he is trying to do business with to visit him regularly and given how aggressive he was when it came to that, it would have been near impossible for him to run his company the way he was accustoming to doing it.

Kind of hard to believe a million dollar ceo couldn't read or write, remember suge went to college.. but anyway, that's what reggie said.

Monster Kody had said something similar about when he and Suge were cellmates. Saying that he couldn't believe that a guy who ran one of the biggest music companies in the world had the penmanship of a grade schooler.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 06:01:45 AM »
7.. ohh, another interesting not from the interview.  He kind of belittles Johnny J saying his job was just to have tracks ready for pac but that he wasn't really a producer.  He was just there to have tracks ready so pac could work on his stuff and later someone else could finish it.  The interviewer tried to suggest that DJ Quiik finished a lot of those johnny j tracks on all eyez on me but reggies response to that was strange saying that really Dre was the best at mixing but that Dre wasn't around and that Quik was good but Dre was better.  So he didn't really answer the question and confirm that Quik was handling a lot of the mixing for all eyez on me and other albums.

The fact is .. Johnny J tracks on Death Row era don't sound like others Johnny J tracks...

Quik polished the tracks.

6.  Also, Reggie defends suge in some instances.  A lot of people talkin bullshit on suge sayin he ripped Pac off.  Reggie was made a lot of great points about that sayin pac was broke when he went to prison and pacs wife reached out to suge and suge immediately gave pac 15 Gs on his books and immediately after leaving prison pac would have 5 g's in his pocket every day and he said any other label that is unheard of because an artist would have to wait months and months to get money off royalties.

That's right. Suge was Pac friend.

This "ordered the killing" is bullshit..Suge gave all he could to Pac.

In Exchange, Pac gave him millions and TOP OF The Game..Suge reached this most High Status w/ Pac.

If Pac was still alive, Death Row would be more relevant than Bad Boy,Rocafella and Young Money together.

Suge had nothing to do with Pac murder

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 09:52:39 AM »
Theo, Johnny J's tracks on all pac's posthumous releases also sounded pretty damn good though.  I mean he mustve had someone mixing for him on all that work as well.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 10:21:19 AM »
Theo, Johnny J's tracks on all pac's posthumous releases also sounded pretty damn good though.  I mean he mustve had someone mixing for him on all that work as well.

My bad.. I meant AEOM tracks.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 06:57:31 PM »
1.  He mentions that Kurupt had done something with someone underage so they didn't want to be a part of that and sent him to be with his momma.  Unfortunately it then cut off so I didn't really get the whole story.  I'm left to assume that he fucked an underage girl, R. Kelly style or somethin, and they sent him to his mom and kurpt ended up startin ANTRA and doing his first solo out East.

??? ???

:-X
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.