Author Topic: anime conventions are seriosuly awesome  (Read 140 times)

KrazySumwhat

anime conventions are seriosuly awesome
« on: January 30, 2014, 06:13:01 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YcU9LDKy4t0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YcU9LDKy4t0</a>

Such awesome cosplay, such pretty and cute girls, everyone so happy and having a good time. If this shit don't make you smile then your are real bitter fucking person, or just too judgmental and egotistical.
 Or you just don't like video games and anime i guess? lol
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:37:23 AM by KrazySumwhat »

Fraxxx

Re: anime conventions are seriosuly awesome
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:31:24 AM »
Nothing against a little escapism in general. But the cosplayers I got to know personally in Germany (Japanese Studies) were a rather odd bunch. Might be cynical to call them sad, the thought crossed my mind, though, once or twice.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:50:20 AM »
 Theres no doubt that some of them are weirdo's but that's not always a bad thing. Yeah some prolly are sad(like nerds or delusional or socially awkward or what not), but like everything you also have some that think they are better than everyone(better than all the other cosplayers) lol.
 But in general i have to say that all the conventions that i have been too(at least 10) everyone just seems really happy. The people that get into it the most seem the most happy and to be the ones enjoying themselves the most. Like the cosplayers and the people who actually participate in things.
 Usually it seems very non judgmental and a friendly environment.
 Girls holding "free hugs" signs n shit^^;
 But i have bought friends there that are a bit too "cool" and judge or laugh at people. Iam not like that but cant lie and say that i haven't ever been like that but hey alot of the people that may get judged or laughed at at least have the guts to dress up and participate and are having a good time.
 Earlier cons that i went to it seemed alot more nerdy and you could tell alot of people there were thriving in an environment where they were surrounded by people just like them and they seemed happy and confident. I even kind of experienced that me and my friends didn't overly fit in and were judged because we weren't as nerdy lol.
 But my oh my how cons have grown. from a couple hundred people to literally thousands. From being geeky to now considered quite trendy and cool and acceptable.
 Just as many girls go to them as guys, huge age range and all sorts of people. its not just a geeky nerd thing like it once was, not by a long shot.
 have you seen how many girls cosplay these days? So many cosplaying girls have pages on face book and some are professional, by that i mean not only is it a passion but they make money doing it.

I think there are posers though, cashing in on the whole "geek girl" & "iam a gamer girl" thing. Lol funny how times change. Girls wearing batman t shirts an posing with game pads n comic books and star wars helmets n shit.

I was definitely born a generation too soon. The seemingly mythical gamer girl is now reasonably common and it would seem girls like anime just as much as guys and not geeky fat girls but fucking hotties!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:52:34 AM by KrazySumwhat »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »
 So, did anyone actually watch this video? Some really cool costumes hey.