Author Topic: Method Man is one of the best rappers to never have a classic solo album...  (Read 1321 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Method Man is one of the best rappers to never have a classic solo album...
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 01:30:41 PM »
I agree with Brian on this one.  I don't think Tical was classic by any definition, and I like Meth a lot.  To me the best rapper to never make a classic album, or any album lol is gotta be Crooked I

Okay, but he made one classic group album (1st wu-tang) and the only classic duo album ever the blackout.

Only 1 classic duo album????? ever, for ever ever, for ever ever? 

Exactly... Dogg Food, Atliens, Stankonia... those are certainly classic duo albums.
Stankonia is not a classic . It is one of Outkast's weakest albums.

I think that ATLiens is certainly a classic.  I won't argue with you if you don't think Stankonia is a classic.  I'm sort of on the fence with that one.  ATLiens is the only certifiable classic album from Outkast, in my opinion.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blood$

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 02:08:25 PM »
I like Tical a lot, but I do think Method Man's solo career has been pretty disappointing overall for someone as talented as he is. A top-notch Method Man verse sounds just about as good as anyone's IMO

yeah Tical was solid but wasn't a classic, 4:21 was honestly a better album to me
4:21 sucked compare to the classic Tical.

how?

Remedy360

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 03:53:23 PM »
I like Tical a lot, but I do think Method Man's solo career has been pretty disappointing overall for someone as talented as he is. A top-notch Method Man verse sounds just about as good as anyone's IMO

yeah Tical was solid but wasn't a classic, 4:21 was honestly a better album to me

Nah, give me Tical over 4:21 anyday, although I do remember bumping 4:21 quite a bit when it came out.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 04:25:35 PM »
I look at Tical as an east coast classic, nothing more than that. Peeps can hate on me but 2000 was always my shit 8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »
I look at Tical as an east coast classic, nothing more than that. Peeps can hate on me but 2000 was always my shit 8)

i love Judgement Day and Torture...and Break ups to make ups.

....but the rest of tical 2000 was meh

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 04:54:42 PM »

To this day I don't understand why people feel 2000 is weak. That whole album is bangin with those shaolin & hardcore east coast beats. Plus its mainly Wu-Tang features. To me the skits are really the only thing holding this album down.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 05:00:18 PM »
maybe i'll give it a re listen

but those 3 songs are the only ones i still bump on a consistent basis.

man ,i love those 3 songs though.  judgement day particularly...one of the first songs i got into when i was like 10 or 11.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 05:03:16 PM »
maybe i'll give it a re listen

but those 3 songs are the only ones i still bump on a consistent basis.

man ,i love those 3 songs though.  judgement day particularly...one of the first songs i got into when i was like 10 or 11.
Yeah it is classic but I could never get past the question: Why in the hell did he repeat his verses?? It ruins it for me every time I listen to the song.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
You're not dead yet?

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 06:11:37 PM »

To this day I don't understand why people feel 2000 is weak. That whole album is bangin with those shaolin & hardcore east coast beats. Plus its mainly Wu-Tang features. To me the skits are really the only thing holding this album down.

Agreed. I didnt like it when it first came out but I kinda look at it like how DoggFather was for Snoop.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 06:52:36 PM »

Nah, give me Tical over 4:21 anyday, although I do remember bumping 4:21 quite a bit when it came out.

Tical is definitely structured better but 4:21 I guess you can say is more of a personal classic of mine, some of those songs I still jam weekly

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 01:16:34 AM »
I agree with Brian on this one.  I don't think Tical was classic by any definition, and I like Meth a lot.  To me the best rapper to never make a classic album, or any album lol is gotta be Crooked I

Okay, but he made one classic group album (1st wu-tang) and the only classic duo album ever the blackout.

Man wtf?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Remedy360

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 01:45:35 AM »

Man wtf?

lmao

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 02:01:52 AM »
 Tical a very good album indeed but, i must admit i didn't love it AS much as most people did when it first came out.
 T2 is a fucking awesoem album, love that album. I guess its kinda long and maybe has some filler but its dope as fuck. It is strange how it was not very liked when it came out. I think it was around the time when the standard for wu tang was dropping.
 It was kind of like Snoops doggfatha in the way that people didn't seem to feel it or it didn't live up to expectations? It is an album that i re visit.

Hey Mc Eiht and Spice-1 did a classic duo "the pioneers"

doggfather

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 02:10:45 AM »
ok, again for the last time: dogg pound, MOP, Mobb Deep, OutKast etc. they are GROUPS with 2 members. They makin group albums NOT duo albums.

Even 8ball and mjg and CNN are groups too not duo albums.

Pioneers is a really good and really strong album. Good for both catalouge, but classic? No. Most of the people, the hiphop or rap music listeners ain't know about it.

(IMO the new season with Brotha lynch is better than pioneers)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ