Author Topic: Was 2pac Gang Affiliated? Natasha Walker Part 4  (Read 1667 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Was 2pac Gang Affiliated? Natasha Walker Part 4
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 07:23:07 AM »
Some misinformation in the last two posts.  Kendrick is not a Blood, but he grew up in the Lueders Park area.  Big Syke and Mopreme were not in the Outlawz, even if they did take on dictator names... it's because everyone was supposed to contribute toward a bigger group Outlaw Immortalz (which was to include Syke and Mopreme, hence their "new" aliases), but it didn't work out that way, with Mopreme not hanging out with Death Row anymore since he got punked there (it's mentioned when he was interviewed for the Biggie & Tupac documentary, though he didn't go into much detail) and Syke eventually hanging out less and less with Death Row too, so the younger guys became the Outlawz, pretty much being a combination of Fatal & Felony (Kadafi) and Dramacydal, and being Pac's crew.  Syke didn't get kicked to the curb, but like I said, he was around Death Row (and Pac) less and less as 1996 progressed.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 07:54:52 AM »
Some misinformation in the last two posts.  Kendrick is not a Blood, but he grew up in the Lueders Park area.  Big Syke and Mopreme were not in the Outlawz, even if they did take on dictator names... it's because everyone was supposed to contribute toward a bigger group Outlaw Immortalz (which was to include Syke and Mopreme, hence their "new" aliases), but it didn't work out that way, with Mopreme not hanging out with Death Row anymore since he got punked there (it's mentioned when he was interviewed for the Biggie & Tupac documentary, though he didn't go into much detail) and Syke eventually hanging out less and less with Death Row too, so the younger guys became the Outlawz, pretty much being a combination of Fatal & Felony (Kadafi) and Dramacydal, and being Pac's crew.  Syke didn't get kicked to the curb, but like I said, he was around Death Row (and Pac) less and less as 1996 progressed.

When was "My Closest RoadDoggz" recorded? That song always sounded to me like it belonged very close to the end of Pac's life, but meybe it was earlier in his Death Row days, perhaps closer to AEOM?

It's interesting to see the distancing of Syke/Mopreme as the consequence of a Blood-dominated culture at DR. Never thought about it that way, but it makes sense.

Pac said in the VIBE interview: "I murdered Thug Life. Them niggas didn't act right. I murdered Thug Life and gave birth to the Outlawz." I wonder: what did the niggas in Thug Life do wrong that pissed off Pac? My guess: nothing at all, but Pac was paranoid, and probably thought they didn't represent him hard enough while he was in jail or something, and so Pac viewed that as disrespect. That would be typical of how Pac interpreted people's behavior. He said it himself that he was paranoid.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 07:58:31 AM »
Tupac was gang affiliated otherwise he wouldn't have felt so entitled to swing on a dude from a rival gang that had nothing to do with him. He died for MOB Piru best believe. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial.

True shit, homie, excellent point.

And people should stop denying that Pac shouted M.O.B. thoughout 96 as a sign of Blood-affiliation. Yeah, he developed an alternate meaning - Money Over Bitches - but it would be retarded to think that every time Pac said N.I.G.G.A. or T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. he was using these words purely in reference to the acronyms he developed rather than in reference to what the words typically meant. It would be like thinking that on "Rather Be Ya N.I.G.G.A." Pac is saying "I wanna be your never ignorant getting goals accomplished"....come on now, he was using M.O.B. and Nigga always with variable meanings, never only in the sense of his acronyms.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Outlaw Tay 187

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 10:11:01 AM »
Tupac was gang affiliated otherwise he wouldn't have felt so entitled to swing on a dude from a rival gang that had nothing to do with him. He died for MOB Piru best believe. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial.

And people should stop denying that Pac shouted M.O.B. thoughout 96 as a sign of Blood-affiliation. Yeah, he developed an alternate meaning - Money Over Bitches - but it would be retarded to think that every time Pac said N.I.G.G.A. or T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. he was using these words purely in reference to the acronyms he developed rather than in reference to what the words typically meant. It would be like thinking that on "Rather Be Ya N.I.G.G.A." Pac is saying "I wanna be your never ignorant getting goals accomplished"....come on now, he was using M.O.B. and Nigga always with variable meanings, never only in the sense of his acronyms.

co-sign

123imagee

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 10:12:01 AM »

pac didnt "develope" the phrase "money over bitches" was used by MOB Pirus aswell. watch on youtube hood2hood mob piru or something to lazy to find the vid where da pirus chillin sayin money over bytches an shit..even mentioned buntry and cursed his killer.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 03:14:59 PM »
When was "My Closest RoadDoggz" recorded? That song always sounded to me like it belonged very close to the end of Pac's life, but meybe it was earlier in his Death Row days, perhaps closer to AEOM?
It's hard to say, but my guess is that it was recorded toward the beginning of 1996, or at least in the first half.  Plus the alternate version (which ended up being remixed for Until the End of Time) may have been recorded at a later date, which is very possible and may also explain why there were all of these M.O.B. references that popped up ("Bring artillery and roll with a nigga/ They can never take the soul of an M.O.B. soldier, nigga," "M.O.B. till I die, when we ride, niggas disappear") in the additional verses.

It's interesting to see the distancing of Syke/Mopreme as the consequence of a Blood-dominated culture at DR. Never thought about it that way, but it makes sense.
I wouldn't say that Death Row had a Blood-dominated culture, though I get why you may say that, considering Suge was running the label and brought on Bloods of his choosing for his staff.  But at the end of the day, the artist roster (which is what generated their music, which is what kept the money coming in) consisted of far more Crips than Bloods, though the label was pretty much split up that way too, when it came down to anyone and everyone getting checks from Death Row.

In the case of Big Syke and Mopreme, it was just difficult for them to fit in on either side.  Yes, Syke was a Crip, but the Crip faction of Death Row was mostly from Long Beach and already tight with each other, and they may not have mingled much with other Crips from outside of Long Beach, especially since it's not like all Crips get along either.  (Remember that the Death Row-affiliated Long Beach Crip artists got into it with other Crips too, from the Compton Crips riding for Eazy-E to the Venice Shore Line Crips they scrapped with at a NYE party to the point where even the Death Row Bloods got involved too.)  Plus when Pac was more into hanging with Suge and his crew as time went on, Syke and Mopreme probably felt more alienated and didn't quite fit in on either side.  They weren't as close as the Crips were to each other, being from Long Beach, and they certainly didn't fit with the Bloods, who weren't as tightly knit but were still composed of cross-town cliques (various Compton Pirus, Bounty Hunters, etc.).  Pac had begun to embrace Suge's clique and take on a lot of that culture (hence why Syke used to characterize Pac as a chameleon), and it probably wasn't a big deal for the Outlawz who followed suit out of loyalty to Pac, whereas Syke and Mopreme may not have been as willing to roll with it, given their age.

Pac said in the VIBE interview: "I murdered Thug Life. Them niggas didn't act right. I murdered Thug Life and gave birth to the Outlawz." I wonder: what did the niggas in Thug Life do wrong that pissed off Pac? My guess: nothing at all, but Pac was paranoid, and probably thought they didn't represent him hard enough while he was in jail or something, and so Pac viewed that as disrespect. That would be typical of how Pac interpreted people's behavior. He said it himself that he was paranoid.
He was absolutely paranoid.  But at the same time, with everyone supposedly being thugs and street niggas or whatever, he expected them to do something, though it was mostly only Syke and Mopreme who stuck with Pac (even though it's not like they made moves either).  Not that I endorse violence (or that Pac did either), but compare it to his Vegas shooting... even before Pac died, whether it was out of loyalty for Pac or at Suge's command, things were already popping off in Compton hoods between the Pirus and the Crips immediately after the shooting.  They were riding.

pac didnt "develope" the phrase "money over bitches" was used by MOB Pirus aswell. watch on youtube hood2hood mob piru or something to lazy to find the vid where da pirus chillin sayin money over bytches an shit..even mentioned buntry and cursed his killer.
It's hard to say.  Some people seem to think that regardless of who created it, Pac definitely made it more popular (not just "Money Over Bitches" but "M.O.B." as a phrase in general), and perhaps the younger generation of Mob Piru (meaning they got put on the hood in the late '90s or later) may have picked up the Money Over Bitches thing a lot more and pumped it more than the earlier generations did because of it.  But it's not the only meaning of M.O.B. either, but it's the most commonly used one, at least publicly.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 04:24:27 PM »
Regarding My Closest RoadDoggs: I wonder if the revised version might have been changed to a Pac Solo track with Suge in mind rather than Syke? The M.O.B. and gang references in Pac's verses fit better with Suge being the Closest "Row" Dawg rather than Syke.

It's funny that there's been so much speculation about beef between Pac and Suge. Yes, Pac was pissed off about money. But clearly he loved Suge and rode with Suge and basically died because of his loyalty to a gang he only joined because of his friendship with Suge. I'm sure Pac blamed the money mis-handling on accountants and white-collar people, not Suge.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 04:36:06 PM »
Regarding My Closest RoadDoggs: I wonder if the revised version might have been changed to a Pac Solo track with Suge in mind rather than Syke? The M.O.B. and gang references in Pac's verses fit better with Suge being the Closest "Row" Dawg rather than Syke.
Possibly.  I started thinking that myself, when typing up my previous post.  Suge mentioned before that "Never Had a Friend like Me" was about him (though it's not to say that it's true), so that could be possible too.

It's funny that there's been so much speculation about beef between Pac and Suge. Yes, Pac was pissed off about money. But clearly he loved Suge and rode with Suge and basically died because of his loyalty to a gang he only joined because of his friendship with Suge. I'm sure Pac blamed the money mis-handling on accountants and white-collar people, not Suge.
Suge gets the bulk of the blame, whether he deserves it or not.  He was the head of the label, and any problems eventually fall back on him.  So he had incompetent people handling Death Row's finances.  So while he wasn't the one to screw over people, there was a ton of mismanagement.  It's not like he had ADP overseeing Death Row's payroll, and my guess is that he just picked a couple people who needed jobs to handle the "accounting" of the company, and it's very likely that they basically only issued checks at Suge's order, rather than doing proper upkeep of their financial records and issuing paychecks on a regular basis.

Yes, Death Row had contracts that talked about advances, points, bonuses, etc., all likely legit and done by David Kenner, but it was up to Death Row to keep their contractual obligations and pay their artists in accordance with their record deals.  So it's not like Kenner drafted bogus documents or Suge was intentionally withholding money from artists, it's just that their finances were always in disarray.  Outside of Death Row's legal team, I highly doubt Suge picked people who were highly educated to take on important roles.  And that's why you had all sorts of people suing them, along with the IRS knocking on Death Row's doors and chasing Suge for back taxes.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 05:04:14 PM »
Wasn't Pac pissed at Big Syke for still keeping in touch with Biggie?

abusive

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 05:43:33 PM »
Pac was down with the set. Why else would he get mob tatted on him and shout it out? You think the set would let him play with their name like that? Aint false flaggin' a serious violation? Also, when pac said "fuck the rap game nigga this mob" you really think he meant money over bitches? Kurt Kobane has confirmed Pac was down with the set anyway, I'll take his word for it and if you listen to what she says she is telling you he was down but had planned to move on, which probably wouldn't be possible.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
That's one thing that a lot of people don't get.  Yeah, they can talk all about how Pac said this and that about not being in a gang or whatever, but at the end of the day, Death Row had a lot of real ones outside of the recording booth... and like you said, false flagging would definitely get you checked.  And with as many goons as Suge had around him, someone would've told him to tone the M.O.B. shit down if he wasn't really with them like that.  Again, not saying he was a full-blown member or anything, but he was riding with them.  If it wasn't, then it would've been a problem.

Hypothetically speaking, even if he really wasn't talking Mob but just some arbitrary M.O.B. thing unrelated to the set, they would've told him to stop.  Everybody knows that Cedar Block Piru wears the Cincinnati Reds hats... try wearing that around Compton, and if asked, tell them that you're not from anywhere and that you're just a fan of the team.  See how that works out.  Or wear a Texas Tech hat.  Or a Mariners hat.  Same shit.  You might end up going home without it.

The skinny guy with the gap in his teeth from the Welcome to Death Row and Tha Westside documentaries even said that people in the Death Row studios would get beat up for trying to basically set hop to make friends from both camps.  And when it became a fad, dudes used to get beat up for Crip walking, if you weren't with the program but did it at the wrong place in front of the wrong people.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »
Just listened to verse 3 on the UTEOT version of My Closest RoadDoggz again. Pretty interesting to hear how different it is from the first two verses. It definitely represents a different conception of the song from being about his friendship with Syke to being about the M.O.B. and all his niggas.

"See me in the physical form, my niggas swarm, take the figure of a circle, beating jealous niggas till they purple"

"Simon says take their heads homie, and leave them foney motherfuckers to dwell with all their dead homies"

These are the lyrics of a M.O.B. rider...anybody who's seen the video of Suge and Pac whooping on Orlando Anderson knows that the first of these two lines is not fiction.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

jmix

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »
question for jmix are you going to try interview ygd top dog or tha realest ?

and you and 2pac forum are affilitated because they seem to interview the same ppl and ask the same questions ??

thanks

lol.. eh no not affiliated. Competitors, i guess youd say. i like to believe I dont ask the same questions. I dont focus on Songs like they do. as for top dog? perhaps.

aerroc

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »
Topzilla lol ;D

interviewing tha fakest is a waste of time  just like other interviews in the past as soon they start asking him questions hes quick to change the subject around and start talking bout other things
like sports and other rappers and to finish it off with how all rappers are really broke cause of record deals they signed and if ur lucky to get him to talk about himself everything is going to be bullshit with lies lol

i will love to hear a topzilla interview i hear he has unreleased dr dre songs that was meant for death row inside out that turned into the chronic 2000
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:12:52 PM by aerroc »

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 11:16:51 PM »
Topzilla lol ;D

interviewing tha fakest is a waste of time  just like other interviews in the past as soon they start asking him questions hes quick to change the subject around and start talking bout other things
like sports and other rappers and to finish it off with how all rappers are really broke cause of record deals they signed and if ur lucky to get him to talk about himself everything is going to be bullshit with lies lol

i will love to hear a topzilla interview i hear he has unreleased dr dre songs that was meant for death row inside out that turned into the chronic 2000

Sounds like you check for all of Realest's interviews no? Almost like you can sit here and quote them word for word. Keep showing your female tendencies, you're nothing more than a European joke troll. A hurt fan boy. A clown in the rarest form.