Author Topic: Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron (Discussion Thread)  (Read 10374 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2014, 04:24:53 PM »
obviously this album isn't gonna have the same impact as Kendrick's but I bet we will see some flip-floppers in here a few months later talking about "you know what, I listened to it a few more times and it's really grown on me!"

FOH

yep u see when schoolboy gets real hot people r going to say that same shit just cause people want to fit in and like music just cause the next person likes it
stupid fucks
that's exactly the case right now.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »
You can tell whose a real herb and who has a social life based off of reactions.

If you spend your days and weekends all couped up in your moms crib like OG Classic Material and Will and you're not exposed to a party/bar/club scene on a weekend to weekend basis, this album just won't stick. It's understandable.

Can't even deny your dormat lifestyle.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2014, 04:50:10 PM »
I don't associate wit aspiring snitches. posters beware !
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2014, 08:26:06 PM »
Album is crack, only joint I don't fuck with at all is "Los Awesome" dunno what Pharrell was thinking with that beat.

"Prescription/Oxymoron", "Break The Bank" and "Blind Threats" are probably my favourite tracks so far.

Whole album bumps, though I'm not surprised the dusty Dub doesn't fuck with this album lol.

With Q and YG both dropping within a month of each other the West Coast is having a dope start to the year.

Shocking!

What's shocking b? The fact the dub is dusty as fuck?

Or the fact that there is actually a lot of dope music coming out of the West right now from Q, YG, Skeme, Nipsey, Dom etc. that this "West Coast" board sleeps on constantly.

Okka

« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2014, 08:37:21 PM »
Last warning, you two. Stick to the topic.

I done bumped the album a couple of times and i like "Collard Greens", "What They Want", "Hoover Street", "Studio", "Prescription", "Hell Of A Night", "Break The Bank" and "Man Of The Year". 8 dope songs out of 12, not bad at all. I'm coppin' this shit. Not really feelin' the rest of the beats on the album. "Yay Yay" should've definitely been on the album or at least it should've been on the deluxe version, i've been bumpin' that shit since it came out. I don't know why people hatin' on Q, does anybody actually expect him to spit like Kendrick or somethin' like that? He got dope bangers, i'm not lookin' forward to hearin' him rap some crazy ass verses, he has dope lyrics every now and then. Some of you hatin' on him just because some members on the forum like his music and actually like this album, y'all need to stop that bullshit. Anybody got "Gravy", "Pusha Man" and "Californication" with A$AP Rocky? I wanna hear those.

Oh yeah, for a while i thought the beat of "Blind Threats" was gonna be a remake of Cypress Hill's "Illusions".

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:41:30 PM by Okka »

aerroc

« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2014, 08:58:21 PM »

I done bumped the album a couple of times and i like "Collard Greens", "What They Want", "Hoover Street", "Studio", "Prescription", "Hell Of A Night", "Break The Bank" and "Man Of The Year". 8 dope songs out of 12, not bad at all. I'm coppin' this shit. Not really feelin' the rest of the beats on the album. "Yay Yay" should've definitely been on the album or at least it should've been on the deluxe version, i've been bumpin' that shit since it came out. I don't know why people hatin' on Q, does anybody actually expect him to spit like Kendrick or somethin' like that? He got dope bangers, i'm not lookin' forward to hearin' him rap some crazy ass verses, he has dope lyrics every now and then. Some of you hatin' on him just because some members on the forum like his music and actually like this album, y'all need to stop that bullshit. Anybody got "Gravy", "Pusha Man" and "Californication" with A$AP Rocky? I wanna hear those.

Oh yeah, for a while i thought the beat of "Blind Threats" was gonna be a remake of Cypress Hill's "Illusions".

the reason people hate on q u know the reason cause this didn't come out in 1996 this is the best the west done since pac died westcoast music fans should be happy not the other way around q even says himself hes the weakest out of all tde but he could still hold his own and u cant compare him to kendrick q is more of a party rapper kendrick a more lyrical artist
still they both good so many good acts on the west right now WTF  is wrong with people here is this a westcoast forum or what
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:22:05 PM by aerroc »

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2014, 09:17:18 PM »
this album average
aint nothing special

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2014, 09:19:04 PM »
he got a track thats over 6 1/2 minutes of NOTHING Cham :D

Wait...I just caught this...

Are you talking about "Hoover Street"? Couldn't of picked a worse example on the entire album to say he rapped about "NOTHING". Makes the review thaaaat much more suspect.

Blood$

« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »
I thought of "Illusions" when I heard "Blind Threats" too

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2014, 09:58:38 PM »
better then i expected by far

Will_B

« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2014, 10:55:04 PM »

Why everyone pro the album thinks everyone who said it was trash has some hidden agenda?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2014, 12:01:42 AM »

My copy of the albums got 15 tracks not 12.... I think you're missing "Fucc LA" which is one of the best songs on the album. Also "Grooveline Pt. 2" Feat Suga Free which is dope and the track with SZA which is ehhh
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:30:32 AM by dubsmith_nz »

Okka

« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2014, 01:34:27 AM »

My copy of the albums got 15 tracks not 12.... I think you're missing "Fucc LA" which is one of the best songs on the album. Also "Grooveline Pt. 2" Feat Suga Free which is dope and the track with SZA which is ehhh

Yeah, the deluxe edition is 15 songs. "Fuck L.A." is dope. Not really feelin' the other two songs though.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:36:07 AM by Okka »

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2014, 02:52:01 AM »
totally hyped and totally wacked...even faggot lamar´s album was much better.

Will_B

« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2014, 06:00:01 AM »
totally hyped and totally wacked...even faggot lamar´s album was much better.

U mean Kaydot Lamar?