Author Topic: Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron (Discussion Thread)  (Read 10353 times)

Okka

Re: Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2014, 04:48:17 AM »
Who got "Gravy", "Pusha Man" and "Californication" in 320kbps?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #256 on: March 12, 2014, 08:52:21 AM »
30k sold in the second week. what a drop of sales.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2014, 09:40:12 AM »
but was shot afterwards, had no voice when I was chopping it up with him hah

Props on meeting folks, I think thats just homies style.  Dude talks like he did an 8ball before every interview lol.

Blood$

« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »
Who got "Gravy", "Pusha Man" and "Californication" in 320kbps?

gotta borrow my boy's external CD drive cuz mine is shot on my laptop… when that happens I got you  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #259 on: March 12, 2014, 11:58:50 AM »

That's not bad at all proportionally. Especially from a guy whose core fan base is going to run out & cop the album within the first three days.

Cudi sold 95,000 first week & dropped to just under 9,000 week two.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #260 on: March 12, 2014, 12:02:26 PM »

That's not bad at all proportionally. Especially from a guy whose core fan base is going to run out & cop the album within the first three days.

Cudi sold 95,000 first week & dropped to just under 9,000 week two.
if he had sold 60k-70k the second week I'd agree cause all his fans couldn't have possibly bought his album the first week. but 30k ? I don't know if he'll go platinum maybe gold in a few months.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #261 on: March 12, 2014, 12:08:19 PM »
Not hating but this ain't an album that's gonna build momentum of sales through word of mouth

He hit the big time with preorders, and anticipation buzz. Even the overly positive reviews aren't echoing what the web chatter is saying. People are only 50/50 on this one

Blood$

« Reply #262 on: March 12, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »
he will more than likely hit Gold if they push "What They Want" followed up by "Studio"

keep in mind he just started the tour 12 days ago, dude is hitting cities left and right garnering even more new fans

plus Rozay and Pharell just dropped

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2014, 12:15:30 PM »
lol, 160,000 copies is a great number for him even if he doesn't sell another copy. He's barely scrapping B-list in terms of popularity. He's not Jay, Em, Wayne, Drake.

J. Cole is a huge artist in terms of getting promotion & airplay & pushed 300,000 first week. Schoolboy had being associated with Kendrick Lamar & a song with him as promotion.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #264 on: March 12, 2014, 12:23:33 PM »
lol, 160,000 copies is a great number for him even if he doesn't sell another copy. He's barely scrapping B-list in terms of popularity. He's not Jay, Em, Wayne, Drake.

J. Cole is a huge artist in terms of getting promotion & airplay & pushed 300,000 first week. Schoolboy had being associated with Kendrick Lamar & a song with him as promotion.
do you not understand that he will have to pay back the money interscope spent on him if he don't recoup ?