Author Topic: Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron (Discussion Thread)  (Read 10367 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2014, 10:32:57 AM »
How are the Kurupt and Suga Free verses?

Based on the one-minute snippets, some songs sound dope, some sound like skippers because they just weren't made for me, and some sound like absolutely wack filler (His and Her Friend).
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2014, 10:42:43 AM »

Based on the one-minute snippets, some songs sound dope, some sound like skippers because they just weren't made for me, and some sound like absolutely wack filler (His and Her Friend).
the song feat. suga free the beat doesn't fit suga free or his flow and the joint wit kurupt sounds drowsy. sounds like q slipped somethin' in them niggas drinks before they did their verses.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2014, 10:47:08 AM »
This is a solid effort. I've listened to it multiple times since it's release and give it a 3.5 or 4 outta 5 for now.

GKMC was the only TDE project I loved right off first listen so this album might grow on me like Section 80 and Habits & Contradictions did.

Blood$

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2014, 11:14:38 AM »

dope as fuck, those are 2 of the best tracks

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2014, 11:18:42 AM »

dope as fuck, those are 2 of the best tracks
break the bank >
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
It's solid, but not what I had hoped for. No songs with messages on this one like his last two. And it didn't help that 4 songs were already out there. Maybe the worst of his 3 albums, and definitely not on the level of GKMC or Control System. A bunch of gangsta/crip shit with some pimping tracks. He won't set hip hop on fire like Kendrick did, at all.

dameons

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2014, 04:24:21 PM »
Its good .. Some dope moments , a few not so dope moments . Gangsta enough mixed with new school..A keeper for sure .

aerroc

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2014, 05:35:26 PM »
people need to understand out of all black hippy schoolboy is the weakest link the least Lyrical out
of all and he also is a party rapper

if ya was expecting 90s west coast  then ur not going to get it just give this guy some time he will grow on you
if u was a real tde fan then u know but i guess the bandwagon jumpers were ready to jump on the next dick just cause he popular now

Marco

« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2014, 05:59:29 PM »
First Play available now on iTunes..

First Play - Schoolboy Q, Oxymoron
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Blood$

« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2014, 06:01:43 PM »
No songs with messages on this one like his last two.

"Prescription/Oxymoron" and "Blind Threats" I'd say have a message to them if you listen to the lyrics

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
people need to understand out of all black hippy schoolboy is the weakest link the least Lyrical out
of all and he also is a party rapper

if ya was expecting 90s west coast  then ur not going to get it just give this guy some time he will grow on you
if u was a real tde fan then u know but i guess the bandwagon jumpers were ready to jump on the next dick just cause he popular now
Naaaah! Nobody is expecting the 90's. Those days are long gone. The album was a bust. No matter what time frame. His first album isn't 90's and is much better than this shit. It really comes down to taste. I'm sure most teens will love this album. The kids will be bumping this shit at high school parties. Enjoy!

I do like some tracks, by the way. Gangsta - Hell of A Night - Break The Bank - Fuck LA, are all firme. That's about it for me though.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:25:19 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2014, 08:59:35 PM »
Album is crack, only joint I don't fuck with at all is "Los Awesome" dunno what Pharrell was thinking with that beat.

"Prescription/Oxymoron", "Break The Bank" and "Blind Threats" are probably my favourite tracks so far.

Whole album bumps, though I'm not surprised the dusty Dub doesn't fuck with this album lol.

With Q and YG both dropping within a month of each other the West Coast is having a dope start to the year.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2014, 09:13:44 PM »
Album is crack, only joint I don't fuck with at all is "Los Awesome" dunno what Pharrell was thinking with that beat.

"Prescription/Oxymoron", "Break The Bank" and "Blind Threats" are probably my favourite tracks so far.

Whole album bumps, though I'm not surprised the dusty Dub doesn't fuck with this album lol.

With Q and YG both dropping within a month of each other the West Coast is having a dope start to the year.

Shocking!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2014, 10:44:49 PM »
Aside from a few songs this shit is wack. Wtf do people see in this guy? Nothing stands out at all about him.

doggfather

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2014, 12:21:43 AM »
i like this album for the 1st listen. Gonna try again later!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ