Author Topic: 50 Cent Leaves Shady Records, Aftermath Entertainment & Interscope Records  (Read 823 times)

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
posted February 20, 2014 at 4:15PM GMT | 400 comments

50 Cent Leaves Shady Records, Aftermath Entertainment & Interscope Records

50 Cent and G-Unit reportedly sign exclusive worldwide distribution and services agreement with Caroline/Capitol/UMG.

50 Cent announced today (February 20) that he and G-Unit Records have signed an exclusive worldwide distribution and services agreement with Caroline/Capitol/UMG, according to The Sacramento Bee.

This marks 50 Cent's departure from Interscope Records, Aftermath Entertainment and Shady Records, where 50 Cent spent 12 years. His discography as a part of Shady/Aftermath/Interscope includes Get Rich or Die Tryin', The Massacre, Curtis and Before I Self Destruct, all of which will continue to be marketed and sold by Shady/Aftermath/Interscope, according to the report.

50 Cent, who is now an independent artist according to the Washington Post, thanks Dr. Dre and Eminem in a statement. Dr. Dre and Eminem run Aftermath Entertainment and Shady Records, respectively.

"I have had great success to date with Shady/Aftermath/Interscope and I'd like to thank Eminem and Dr. Dre for giving me an incredible opportunity," 50 Cent said in a statement, as per Associated Press. "I've learned so much from them through the years. I am excited to enter this new era where I can carry out my creative vision."

In 2012, 50 Cent said he was unhappy with his label situation. "I have lost all faith in the team I’m on," he said. "I have nothing left to say I will not be promoting my music...I’m going to deliver this album then. I have a film I wrote to focus on I’m not upset I’m just convinced this is not how I want to remembered.”

RELATED: 50 Cent Apologizes To Interscope Records

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.27591/title.50-cent-leaves-shady-records-aftermath-entertainment-interscope-records-
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Hack Wilson - real

go back to making How to rob type of songs

Jimmy H.

go back to making How to rob type of songs
I think he's so past that type of record at this point but it will be interesting to see where he ends up with this deal. He's basically going to have to start from scratch with lots of people pulling against him but he's one of the hardest workers in music so it will be cool to see what he ends up doing. Interscope was never interested in another album so this was obviously the right move.

GangstaBoogy

Wow.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
50 got off the slave ship...smart man.  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

the slave ship that made him a multi millionaire for life?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
That's crazy. He fell off the face of the Earth. We're talking about the second biggest name in Hip Hop from 2003-2007 to Eminem just disappeared.

He was scared he was going to be murdered Michael Jackson style by Illuminati a few years back. I wonder where he's going to be at in the next five years.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
"The last time I really felt hip-hop was alive was when 50 Cent came out with Get Rich Or Die Trying".   -Nas-
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

I dunno.  I think he just traded ships.  But he had to try something different.  Aftermath ain't doing shit.

Lucifuge

Smart move.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't

the slave ship that made him a multi millionaire for life?
and fucked up his music career. yeah.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
50 needs to stick to acting now.  He had a good run, but it's time to hang up the track shoes.

MistaNova

When can we expect 50 Cent's Cash (or Young?) Money debut?

Jimmy H.

That's crazy. He fell off the face of the Earth. We're talking about the second biggest name in Hip Hop from 2003-2007 to Eminem just disappeared.
  It wasn't exactly gradual.  He had the hottest debut in music in 2003. His subsequent releases were bringing in less on return and his contract was winding down. He was talking about wanting an even bigger contract than before and Interscope was clearly on to bigger things. These things happen all the time.

GangstaBoogy

50 needs to stick to acting now.  He had a good run, but it's time to hang up the track shoes.

He's a horrible actor. He should stick to business investments. But I do want another album.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"