Author Topic: Now that Dre is 49 , if we dont get a solo album in a year ,it will never happen  (Read 696 times)

Will_B

Being 49 doesn't stop Rick Venom lurking on forums all day :D

Jimmy H.

Detox tracks will be the entrance songs for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
Ha!  Ha!  Took me a second on that one.

flatlinerz

• Lil Geezy
dude his 55

HighEyeCue

I don't know if Dre thinks he has it in him anymore to produce a dope record let along a classic...

DeeezNuuuts83

Detox tracks will be the entrance songs for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
Ha!  Ha!  Took me a second on that one.
As long as you got it, haha.

I don't know if Dre thinks he has it in him anymore to produce a dope record let along a classic...
I don't think that's the case.  Dre knows that people will get all geeked up on whatever he puts out.  I Need a Doctor was an indication of that.  But Dre is making a shit ton of money from the Beats By Dre headphones, and Cube had a point about how Dre could just make nine figures off of that rather than lock himself in the studio for months and then make probably just a few million off of an album.  He would have to do it for the love of the game, or if he just had that many ideas for beats that he had to make them.

jman91331

I don't really care either way.  If he never drops Detox, it's a few decades of dope Dr. Dre production I can go back & bump if I just gotta hear some Dre shit. Of course if it does drop I will go out & buy it & enjoy it. It doesn't matter to me the age of an artist if it's dope, it's dope period. I have a feeling he's working on it though but that's just me. If he is, it's good he's tightened up his circle & ain't nobody talking about it. That was the mistake in the past & why all this anticipation was built up on Detox. You had writers, musicians, co-producers all in the media (all the songs are amazing, he's a song or two away, this & that) made the hype too much to deal with. But now that Dre isn't coming out saying he's working or that he's not working on it, makes me think it's in progress. Now rather it actually comes out is another thing but I think he's working.

Jimmy H.

More importantly, with selling headphones, there is a little less pressure. With "Detox", he needs to create something along the lines of the great projects he has put together before and I'm not sure the environment is right for that anymore. People have such specific expectations regarding it and anything outside of that, just won't do for them. There is a tendency to rate entertainment in accordance with expectations.

One of the core problems with established stars is that people want the same formula over and over again. People are concerned more with who is featured on it and how much it does or doesn't sound like the classic Dr. Dre sound that anything else is unacceptable. 

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
its 2014... Dr.Dre is not the best at it anymore...

The_Offence

who cares!!!!!!!!!!! iwhat can dre really bring to the table now ? dre know he can't really bring nothing to the table as a 50 year old rapper thats why he's not dropping detox... people think they're gonna get some crazy amazing rap album and dre know's that not the case so he's no trying to fuck up his legacy.

this is dre today. some of you just need to except the fact that dre is down as a rapper and move on.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:38:02 PM by The_Offence »

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
I think this is the perfect time to do it. Why? KENDRICK LAMAR! This is the guy that was missing. He already had the usual suspects but he needed a NEW cat to come along and use to ride the album. Similar to what he did with Snoop and Eminem in the first two. Of course, you also include the cats from the past but I think the time is now. Kendrick is a HUGE reason why this shit should come out. Just can't see it not happening.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

jman91331

I think if anything Kendrick would have the roll Emeniem had on 2001, a newer heavy buzzing artist come through & make a couple big records but I can see Jon Conner, Dre's new artist being that Snoop/Hitman piece.