Author Topic: Why doesn't Big Boi get more love  (Read 208 times)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Why doesn't Big Boi get more love
« on: February 27, 2014, 01:07:20 PM »
Dude should be in any conversation about GOATS.  Dude was a member of to me 4 classic duo albums, to most others 2 classics, then has gone on to make some excellent solo albums.  Sir Lucious is a top 5 from the past 5 years for me, and Vicious lies which while it has too many guest features for me, is still a solid underrated album.  Now I know an argument is that Andre 3k may be the better rapper from the Kast, and that has taken some of the shine from Big Boi's work, but I'm wondering why he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath and Nas, Jay, Pac, and them.  What do you guys think?

Blood$

Re: Why doesn't Big Boi get more love
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:20:35 PM »
when I was younger I thought Big Boi was better in Outkast lol

I can't believe his first solo dropped 4 years ago, "Shutterbugg" brings me back to the spring/summer of that year  8)

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 02:46:44 PM »
i never liked this goat talks cause i think people's opinions are usually too trite, like there has to be the same names always thrown

big boi has had an excellent career though, is still relevant after a 20 year long career and unlike a good portion from his generation, is not washed up. i agree that he's a bit underrated

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 08:17:05 PM »
Probably because he had the unfortunate pleasure of rapping most of his career with someone who's a phenomenal talent.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 08:18:48 PM »
sorry....just don't see him as a "Goat" or even really legend status

rap veteran status for sure

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 11:28:54 PM »

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 02:15:00 AM »

nah being part of Outkast alone makes him a legend. it's not like he was a weed carrier or some random guy from a group. he got skills, he's definitely a legend.

doggfather

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 03:06:14 AM »
Dude should be in any conversation about GOATS.  Dude was a member of to me 4 classic duo albums, to most others 2 classics, then has gone on to make some excellent solo albums.  Sir Lucious is a top 5 from the past 5 years for me, and Vicious lies which while it has too many guest features for me, is still a solid underrated album.  Now I know an argument is that Andre 3k may be the better rapper from the Kast, and that has taken some of the shine from Big Boi's work, but I'm wondering why he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath and Nas, Jay, Pac, and them.  What do you guys think?

just did a little search in TOPIC SUBJECTS only with his name: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?action=search2

why do you think he ain't get enough love? Or why he needs more?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Will_B

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 03:29:15 AM »

nah being part of Outkast alone makes him a legend. it's not like he was a weed carrier or some random guy from a group. he got skills, he's definitely a legend.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 10:51:56 AM »

just did a little search in TOPIC SUBJECTS only with his name: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?action=search2

why do you think he ain't get enough love? Or why he needs more?!

Because he's never brought up in conversations about legends.  I was just wondering why that is?  Because if its that 3k is the better one in outkast as some people feel Sir Lucious showed that he can make an incredible album on his own as well. 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 12:20:15 PM »
my opinion is because fags run hollywood and big boi is overtly heterosexual where as andre wears blouses etc. andres cool but hes not that dope.