Poll

Which album do you rock with more?

Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
22 (73.3%)
BG Knoccout & Dresta - Real Brothas
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Dogg Food VS Real Brothas  (Read 1781 times)

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

Re: Dogg Food VS Real Brothas
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 02:12:54 PM »
both albums are great but this aint even close dogg food by continents, had real brothas been a ruthless release with ruthless legends then maybe it would be closer....

Marty Jannetty

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm Marty but you're not Shawn, bitch.
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 02:25:36 PM »
Real Brothas, but I never even heard of that other album.

Two funerals this week so now I got to suit up, one I will attend the other one I  shoot up.
It will always be 1993 to me.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 03:43:31 PM »
Dogg Food but Real Brothas was very underrated at the time of its release

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »

Definitely Dogg Food.. never even heard of that other album

:o

1. how long have you been on this board?
2. how can you vote when you are not familiar with both albums?

I've heard of BG Knockout cause he was on that joint "Real Muthafuckin G'z" and because he's a Muslim.   But that's about the extent of it.  

Real Brothas is filled with Muslim-esque raps… you'd dig it

I'll have to check it out then...

...and my response to all the haterz in this thread is two-fold

1.  Maybe ya'll are just shallow fans and you just rush through albums on a surface level and that's why you have time to listen to every notable west coast album that's ever dropped. 

2.  I bet a lot of you complaining I don't know classic West Coast albums like shit from Above the Law, probably aren't really up on a lot of other West Coast classics that I know inside and out.  Shit like Rass Kass Soul On Ice is like a part of my life I know every joint backwards and forwards on that and a lot of you talking shit probably don't even know that album or a lot of other classics.  I'm just the only fool real enough to admit when he doesn't know something.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 04:33:06 PM »
you don't have Livin Like Hustlers by Above the Law???   your boy toy Dre even raps on that album

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »
dogg food is obviously better, but I like RB more. I bump it at least a couple times a month.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »
dogg food is obviously better, but I like RB more. I bump it at least a couple times a month.

"down 4 compton" and "down goes another nigga" are two songs i gotta play when i want to hear some dark ass gangsta shit

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 05:20:06 PM »

I've heard of BG Knockout cause he was on that joint "Real Muthafuckin G'z" and because he's a Muslim.   But that's about the extent of it.  

1.  Maybe ya'll are just shallow fans and you just rush through albums on a surface level and that's why you have time to listen to every notable west coast album that's ever dropped. 

2.  I bet a lot of you complaining I don't know classic West Coast albums like shit from Above the Law, probably aren't really up on a lot of other West Coast classics that I know inside and out.  Shit like Rass Kass Soul On Ice is like a part of my life I know every joint backwards and forwards on that and a lot of you talking shit probably don't even know that album or a lot of other classics.  I'm just the only fool real enough to admit when he doesn't know something.

rush through albums? your basing that on because we know classic albums from classic labels like deathrow and ruthless? the two MAIN westcoast labels during that era?

this nigga, you dont know a classic west coast albums? yet you were judging on a kendrick thread saying "if you dont drop a g-funk track, you cant be a westcoast legend"

how are you gonna pass that kind of judgement when you never even listened to above the law or the real brothas album?

you are such a tool. most of us adults here, we can admit when we dont know something.

as for you, you say you know shit but than you dont. you just contradicted yourself right there, your saying you dont know a lot of westcoast classic albums, yet you the one judging if rappers are westcoast legends or not.

really bro?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 05:23:02 PM »
he also refuses to listen to bay area artists and thinks Sacramento is part of the bay area

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »
 Dogg food.
 But admittedly i only ever heard "real brothers" once. A mate of mine owned it. I remember it sounding good but the only song Ive heard multiple times and kind of remember is the DPG killa one.
 Cant lie, when i was a kid, like 12-15 what ever i was such a big snoop fan that i kind of took sides on the beef, same with pac n Biggie lol ^^;
 Of course we listened to Eazy-E though i mean i was listening to N.W.A when i was like 8 or 9.
 I guess real brothers is one that i slept on that i should try and get a copy of, much like how i didn't get lil half deads albums until years after they were released.

midwestryder

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 12:09:27 AM »

Please ,that bullshit what you are saying . Most of us on here know all the west coast classics unlike you . Rass Kass Soul on Ice is classic . I never rushed thru album & I have heard every west coast classic in 36 years of my life . It is not hard too when you are not closeminded only listen to one artist or click stan . . What is this I hear that you don't listen to bay artist when one of your favorites 2Pac claimed Bay as his home . Open your minded or get left behind.

DL

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 01:18:57 AM »
Dogg Food, but Real Brothas comes close. Both brilliant albums and need to be bumped every now and then...

Marty Jannetty

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm Marty but you're not Shawn, bitch.
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 01:22:59 AM »

1.  Maybe ya'll are just shallow fans and you just rush through albums on a surface level and that's why you have time to listen to every notable west coast album that's ever dropped.  

2.  I bet a lot of you complaining I don't know classic West Coast albums like shit from Above the Law, probably aren't really up on a lot of other West Coast classics that I know inside and out.  Shit like Rass Kass Soul On Ice is like a part of my life I know every joint backwards and forwards on that and a lot of you talking shit probably don't even know that album or a lot of other classics.  I'm just the only fool real enough to admit when he doesn't know something.

The only real fool that admits when he's wrong? Are you on crack or something? You are the one that treats this forum like a diary, the one that claims that hip hop is everything and how you live that life and battle people left and right because it's part of the culture. You should be like a sponge, soaking this west coast shit up like no other - if you were what you claim to be. If someone asked you about the sample in the song Compton Swangin then you should have an answer and not ask who Dresta and Knocc Out are. You should AT LEAST know them from the Montel Jordan video shoot.

And don't even blame other people about how they might or might not know certain classic albums. First you can't be sure about it, second they don't run around this forum pesenting themsevles to be the allmighty hip hop history professors.

Excuses galore.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:25:38 AM by Marty Jannetty »
It will always be 1993 to me.

TidyKris

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 01:44:03 AM »
What the f*ck is it with this forum?

You cant get three posts into a thread before the same people start bitching about stupid sh*t.

Seriously, you guys are arguing because somebody has not heard an album....seriously?? Then one of you
had the outright cheek to say "most of us on here are grown up" then continued to blast about "we have all heard
these albums and you have not so were better then you"...so that's what passes for grown up talk these days?

Its no wonder this site looses members and nobody wants to post here anymore....everybody gets sick of
seeing your petty sh*t on every single post. Ive never seen a bunch of jumped up, over opinionated, self righteous
nobody's in one place at the same time....its like being in the school yard seeing what you guys argue about

Okka

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 04:45:58 AM »

It's a part of your life and you can't even get his name right. It's Ras Kass. Do you even own the album?